[MERGED] OC Finally: Dan Henning appointed Offensive Coordinator | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] OC Finally: Dan Henning appointed Offensive Coordinator

delete this its old news didnt notice it was posted

Steve Smith has been injured, Colbert hasn't stepped up, and Delhomme has sort of regressed.

The Panthers never really recovered from losing Stephen Davis.

When Keyshawn Johnson is your #1 Wr, and he is running 4.8 40's, you've got problems.
which was exactly the problem. the panthers weren't much of a threat in the air. the threat was there, yes, but not as much as it was in the past, so teams would play the run more

anyway, i'm not too happy about the henning signing, unless this leads to our running game being as effective as the panthers' running game was back when they had davis

I don't know, a draw play (if given to L. Booker) could turn out to be deadly....

Besides, from looking at his past the time frame that stands out to me is the washington years. They were always a run team, but they also ran a lot of 3 WR packages. Spread 'em out and pound the ball. Ronnie could have a huge year (if he heals up ok)

After read the Carolina boards, I can see why Parcels wants Barber included in any trade deals, having two power backs to fit this power run system will be a necessity

Well, I find it odd that people are worried because he likes to run the ball and isnt necessarily a spread offense guy. Last I checked with lack talent at QB and WR, while our best player is our running back. Its a fit. With a few exceptions, the most dynamic offense doesnt win championships. Just ask the 18-1 New England Patriots.

This hire has me more worried about the pound it out line we will need. Picking up Barber would be a nice complement for Hennings style, but you need a massive line for this to work. Maybe Parcells has a deal already in place to beef up our line.

Dont forget Sparano will be the one REALLY running the offense, so I dont think it would be too conservative.

thanks, I have been wrong 500 straight times so now I am batting .002

I'm with ya, man. I got my clock cleaned week in and week out in our family's football pool. My SB prediction? Giants by 3. It would have taken them two games to get to my point total of 34-31, though. :)

I'm telling you - Dan Henning could not leave fast enough for Panther fans. Most believe Fox only has his job today because he canned Henning. . . .

First down - run to the right
Second down - run to the right
Third (and long) draw up the middle. . .

Get use to it . . . you'll see a LOT of the above . . .

If thats true... I dont think hell be around for very long... And he is 66 so I dont think Parcells or Sparano would think he will be around for the long haul anyways. Also, Dallas's offense wasnt conservative and hopefully Sparano will be overseeing his playcalling

If thats true... I dont think hell be around for very long... And he is 66 so I dont think Parcells or Sparano would think he will be around for the long haul anyways. Also, Dallas's offense wasnt conservative and hopefully Sparano will be overseeing his playcalling

What exactly is that and how does it work? I'e seen this mentioned on this board before and don't get it. Especially when time is limited on the field of play.

Well, I find it odd that people are worried because he likes to run the ball and isnt necessarily a spread offense guy. Last I checked with lack talent at QB and WR, while our best player is our running back. Its a fit. With a few exceptions, the most dynamic offense doesnt win championships. Just ask the 18-1 New England Patriots.

Exactly, and Beck throwing 20 times a game is much better then Beck flinging it 35+ times a game.

And the Offense is one of the few places that we have invested draft choices in and seen even a Glimmer of a return on that investment, Satele and Carey are our two best players that we can count on this season.

Add in a Drafted Rt and Fa Guard and we could be in pretty good shape on the Oline.

The problem is our Defense is very porous, so those 3 and outs will put our worst unit out on the field unless we see some major upgrades on that unit.

I don't know, a draw play (if given to L. Booker) could turn out to be deadly....

Besides, from looking at his past the time frame that stands out to me is the washington years. They were always a run team, but they also ran a lot of 3 WR packages. Spread 'em out and pound the ball. Ronnie could have a huge year (if he heals up ok)

Alright i was thinking about it and i went back and watched some of the highlights from the NE/Carolina Super Bowl and 2 key plays that kept them in the game were both draws called by Dan Henning. The Steven Davis draw play that got them in FG range before the half and the Desean Foster TD play were he broke like 6 tackles and dove it in.

Back
Top Bottom