MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here

if Ghana scored min 120, Uruguay was the one being cheated, as i said, because of the non existent foul, and the offside prior the hand... I do get people getting angry about Suarez diving several times, and sometimes that makes me angry as well, since many times he could carry on with the ball, but i can't stand people arguing the situation that happened in the last min of the game.
IMO there are many Hypocrites, because if it was them who where in that situation, they would do exactly the same Suarez did, and most of the times, just because of reflex of not letting the ball get in. At least i know that if that was me i would have no doubt on doing that, because i love my country and I'm really passionate about football, and this is a knock out tournament.
However, i strongly disagree on people calling it "the new hand of god" or something similar since it clearly wasn't, as well as i hate people saying that about Maradona, or considering him as God.. that's just insane.

The thing I'm really surprised about is that Germany win their game 4-0. I thought that Argentina would put up a better fight, but is wasn't today. I should make a fun semifinal against Spain. I also think that the Netherlands vs Uruguay game should be a good one. We will wait and see, hopefully they both will be good games.

I don't really know how we could win against Holland, we have some injuries and don't have a player to take suarez place.
Whatever happens in that game i'm waaay proud of my home team. They give their all in every ball, and that makes me really happy.
I love it when i see it with the dolphins, love it when i see it with Nacional (My football club team) and love it when it happens with my little country.

Paraguay leaves the WC with their head up high, they faught, and i feel for Tacuara, who deserved to score that penalty... they played a really well thought match, and could've won Spain... I wanted Paraguay to win there..

Very sad day.....all but one South American team remains...and they match up with a tough Holland team. If it's not Uruguay, my hopes that is that somebody new wins this cup...Spain or Holland. I gotta tell you the Germans are playing some very aggressive football. The will be tough to beat, and Spain has their hands full.

Thats what I'm hoping aswell, I really want to see the Dutch win it, but if they dont then I would like to see Spain win.

if Ghana scored min 120, Uruguay was the one being cheated, as i said, because of the non existent foul, and the offside prior the hand... I do get people getting angry about Suarez diving several times, and sometimes that makes me angry as well, since many times he could carry on with the ball, but i can't stand people arguing the situation that happened in the last min of the game.
IMO there are many Hypocrites, because if it was them who where in that situation, they would do exactly the same Suarez did, and most of the times, just because of reflex of not letting the ball get in. At least i know that if that was me i would have no doubt on doing that, because i love my country and I'm really passionate about football, and this is a knock out tournament.
However, i strongly disagree on people calling it "the new hand of god" or something similar since it clearly wasn't, as well as i hate people saying that about Maradona, or considering him as God.. that's just insane.

Throughout the match, I felt that Uruguay was getting shafted. Ghana fouls like crazy and almost dares the refs to blow the whistle non-stop. The refs call maybe half of their fouls. But, in regard to the handball, I think the rule is ridiculous. If a goal IS going in and a player stops it via handball, the goal should count. It's like a more obvious example of goal tending in basketball. If someone goal tends in BBall, the offensive player doesn't have to shoot free throws. Only, this is even worse. On a goal tending play, you can't KNOW the ball is going in. On this particular play, it was clear the ball WAS going into the net.

These ****y Germans are starting to piss me off, they talk like they are invincible!...I hope that Spain can bring them back to earth.

I actually dont see what all the fuss is about. Suarez stopped a goal-scoring opportunity for Ghana, which meant he got sent off and Ghana got the penalty. All the action taken by the ref was correct and within the rules of FIFA. Gyan had a golden chance to send Ghana through, but he missed it.

I've seen that type of situation happen many a time in football games and never heard it questioned before.

I don't really know how we could win against Holland, we have some injuries and don't have a player to take suarez place.
Whatever happens in that game i'm waaay proud of my home team. They give their all in every ball, and that makes me really happy.
I love it when i see it with the dolphins, love it when i see it with Nacional (My football club team) and love it when it happens with my little country.

Paraguay leaves the WC with their head up high, they faught, and i feel for Tacuara, who deserved to score that penalty... they played a really well thought match, and could've won Spain... I wanted Paraguay to win there..

I think you do have a chance, It will be difficult but far from impossible. Holland struggles with physical hard-nosed defensive teams like Uruguay. I'm rooting for Uruguay to go all the way ¡¡Vamos Uruguay!! If they don't then I hope Spain wins it all.

As for Suárez, I agree with you totally, He did what was best for his team and It was all within the rules, the penalty kick was awarded to Ghana and he was sent off. I undersatand it sucks big time for Ghana but they had their chance and blew it. If I had to compare this situation with a football play I think It's like a flagrant pass interference call on an almost touchdown catch in the endzone, the offense gets a 1st & goal on the 1 and fails to score on 4 downs. By the way, Paraguay had a big chance vs Spain on that penalty kick and blew it too.

I actually dont see what all the fuss is about. Suarez stopped a goal-scoring opportunity for Ghana, which meant he got sent off and Ghana got the penalty. All the action taken by the ref was correct and within the rules of FIFA. Gyan had a golden chance to send Ghana through, but he missed it.

I've seen that type of situation happen many a time in football games and never heard it questioned before.

I've seen it before as well on important matches and all.., but without the fortune of the other guy missing the penalty. The thing was that it was the last African team, at the last second of the game and on the most important sporting event in the world... that's it...

I've done it myself in a match, when i was like 10 years old, was sent off the field, and the guy scored the penalty.

Tough loss for Uruguay last night. The second goal for the Dutch was the ballbreaker and it could have easily been given for offside. Even though Van Persie did not touch the ball, I think he was offside and interfereing with play. Credit it too Uruguay for the fight they put up and caused the Dutch huge problems in the final minutes. Now looking forward to tonights game which should be great. I'm going for a Spain win in what should be the game of the tournament considering the attacking talent both teams have.

On a side note, what a goal by Van Bronkhorst!!!!

[video=youtube;dwZcHNxu3Nw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwZcHNxu3Nw[/video]

Good Semi final games. Both of them where really good IMO. Spain played better than Germany and deserved to get to the finals.

As far as for my little country game.. Yes, the 2nd holland goal was offside, and it was a turning point... but what can you say... it was a small one... sometimes you're lucky they see it, sometimes you're not... was a mistake? Yes. Where we stolen? I would say no... it's the human mistake you're exposed to in every soccer game. It was a tough game where, i think the ref should've shown some yellow cards he did not... they had the offside mistake... and the lineman raised his flag twice to cavani (uru stricker) in offsides that never existed...

Overall i think holland played better, but uruguay had more heart, and ran all they could. We gave our all on that field, and we're really proud of our players for that.

Now we go against Germany who should give a fight for the 3rd place.

Back
Top Bottom