MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official World Cup thread: Talk about the tournament here

Paul the Octopus did it again!...Germany did beat Uruguay....good game from the Charruas!, Congrats to our Uruguayan brothers for getting a well deserved 4th place.

That was one hell of a game between Germany and Uruguay.

Too bad it counted for noting. 3rd/4th placed playoff games are usually entertaining because neither team really cares and just focuses on attack.

I am watching the final and I think that Spain will win a close game 2-1. It should be a good game, but I think Spain will control the ball enough to find chances to win.

I've never hated a team in any sport more than I hate that Netherlands squad: dirty, cheap, cry baby, *******. Completely ruined the game. Should have had two red cards in the first half. Thank God the only real futbol team on the pitch ended up winning the game.

My congratulations to Spain, I felt their finally winning the World Cup today is finally overdue. Spain has a loyal global fan base, and have a talented national team. I'm sure the Spanish community around Miami are proud and rejoicing. :hclap:

Prior to the game, I was hoping the Netherlands would win. but as the game worn on, I completely changed my opinion and was hoping the proper footballing team would win. The Netherlands ruined would should have been a fantastic game, with their consistent fouling and brutality. Spain went out and tried to play, while the Dutch went out to disrupt the flow of the game. I dont mind a team going in hard and trying to get in the faces of the opposition, but that was way over the top and they could have seriously injured someone.

The ref was mainly at fault for this, for not sending off Van Bommel and De Jong in the first half. Heitinga should have been sent off earlier. By not stamping his authority on the game early he let the Dutch run riot.

The worst thing for me though is that with players like Robben, Van Persie, Van Der Vaart, Sneijder, etc, the Dutch could have went out and played football as they have the talent.

Thankfully the team that plays football the right way won.

Congrats to Spain on their first World Cup!!....they were favorites, and they showed us why....I agree with other posters, the Dutch played very rough and dirty football. Cannot wait for Brazil 2014!...but first for us South Americans the Copa America is coming to Buenos Aires...let's see who wins the cup next year!.

Back
Top Bottom