Merged OMG times: Chad Pennington to miss the rest of the season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged OMG times: Chad Pennington to miss the rest of the season

TheFallOfTroy54 said:
torn rotator cuff according to NFL network and kffl.

ouch:eek:

good thing or bad thing for the jets?

Good thing they have Brooks Bollinger. :rolleyes:

Bad news is, their defense just realized they have to step it up about 7 notches. They have the talent on that side of the ball to be scary.

My best guess is that they'll lose out the season, keep Herm, and draft Leinart. Call this a blessing in disguise.

TheFallOfTroy54 said:
torn rotator cuff according to NFL network and kffl.

ouch:eek:

good thing or bad thing for the jets?

Bad for them, good for us. Lot of injuries this week to our rivals (Spikes, Harrison, Pennington), but you know we'll get our share too. Thats life in the NFL. For the time being, however, we should take advantage of our favorable injury status relative to the rest of the AFC East. The talent gap that we have against the other teams (YES, face the facts, we have fallen behind in the talent department thanks to the Wannstedt, Spielman dynasty) has suddenly diminished. The rest of the first half of the season (assuming with a big "if" that we remain relatively healthy) should feature division contests decided by preparation, desire, and coaching. There is no reason why the Dolphin's shouldn't be very competitive the four-five games. I would love to see this team step up and establish themselves as a team that plays with great intensity and tenacity like the Patriot's did about five years back. Go 'phins!

NYFinFan23 said:
adam sheftner is an idiot..... listen to espn on those things

Sheftner is the one of the few nfl analysts i respect. He said dolphins at least 9-7 before the season started. He also said look for the bucs to be a sleeper this season. the man actually knows the teams hes looking at, opposed to other "experts" who just pick the favorites, and maybe a small surprise such as the lions winning the north.

BigBadBuc said:
Good thing they have Brooks Bollinger. :rolleyes:

Bad news is, their defense just realized they have to step it up about 7 notches. They have the talent on that side of the ball to be scary.

My best guess is that they'll lose out the season, keep Herm, and draft Leinart. Call this a blessing in disguise.

You think they'll finish last just because they lost Pennington? That's quite a stretch. They played just fine last year without him so what makes you think they will fall that far. Pennington has been playing like absolute crap this season anyway. Michael Irvin was making fun of him on NFL Gameday yesterday. Said he had a peashooter for an arm. Jet's will still be dangerous not world beaters just like they were with Pennington.

phinman1 said:
The Jets seem done. Not only is their QB gone, but Martin looks to finally have hit the wall. Nice decision to trade Jordan to the Raiders. While one doesn't want to celebrate over injuries to athletes, I can say that the AFC East is not going to be as tough for us as it looked at the start of the season. It's gonna be between us and the Patsies.

Jordan was a free agent. The Jets didn't trade him anywhere.

Pennington Out For Season...

I don't know if i'm late on this but I saw NFL Network a while ago and Adam Schefter reported that Pennington is out for the remainder of the season with a torn rotator cuff, and Jay Fiedler is out atleast 6 weeks. Sucks to be a Jets fan right now...

his career is all but over. He never rehabed from this injury last year. He's shot now.

The Jets salary cap is tied up big with Chad, their screwed long-term.

seriously sucks. You go from your star qb, to a good game manager, to a guy who every thought would play baseball. Bollinger is a good athlete, but he is not nearly the QB Pennigton is... come to think of it, he's not up to Jay's statice.

A bit early...I think they get the results back tomorrow. But Bollinger definately starts in BAL. They should've shelved Chad for the first half of this year anyway...

Back
Top Bottom