Merged OMG times: Chad Pennington to miss the rest of the season | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged OMG times: Chad Pennington to miss the rest of the season

ESPN.. sorry... and im not gloating over an injury.... this kills the Jets, and thats great for us

BigBadBuc said:
Good thing they have Brooks Bollinger. :rolleyes:

Bad news is, their defense just realized they have to step it up about 7 notches. They have the talent on that side of the ball to be scary.

My best guess is that they'll lose out the season, keep Herm, and draft Leinart. Call this a blessing in disguise.

Cardinals are going to get Leinhart.

ESPN confirms that he is done for the season.

Horrible. The Jets are a good team, but without Pennington healthy, nothing works. Remember a few years back when Pennington was out most of the season? They did horrible... I believe they finished 6-10 or something. But that was also when they still had a decent back-up in Vinny Testeverde. Now they are starting third-string Brooks Bollinger?

Ouch.

But it's not like us Dolphins fans are unfamiliar with such a situation. It was just over a year ago where we lost the center of our offense for the season suddenly (Ricky). Jets fans laughed, but how does it feel when it happens to you?

Jets | Pennington's Season Over
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:15:21 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) is expected to miss the remainder of the season with a torn rotator cuff.

Brooks Bollinger is expected to start against Baltimore. Fiedler's status is unknown, though the Jets are working out Jesse Palmer, Doug Johnson, and Jonathan Quinn. Neil O'Donnell may come out of retirement.

injury plagued Patriots... now this for the Jets... division title for us is now lookin even better....

You don't wish injury on anyone, so hopefully Pennington recovers. He's had 2 major shoulder injuries, back to back years. I would say if he doesn't do things right this time around, his career could be over. Brooks Bollinger will start for the Jets. I was watching MNC, and Mortensen said his MRI was inconclusive, must have gotten an update within the hour. The Jets are trying out Jesse Palmer, and some other QBs. Now would be a great time to try and move Feeley, maybe a fourth rounder for him? I'd take it.

Chadwick DONE!

Pennington, out for the season. Torn rotator. Just thought I'd let all my Southern brethren know. I LOVE IT!!! Miami gets to tee off on Fiedler in a few weeks!!!

Thats a shame. Chad's a great football player. and i hate to see him go down. and please don't mock the jets or anything for this. this is truly sad, because they're saying he might not ever be as good as he was again...

Back
Top Bottom