Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic. | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT: Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic.

It has been confirmed by the Herald...

YOUNG TESTS POORLY
The stunning news of the day from the combine revolved around Texas quarterback and Rose Bowl hero Vince Young.
Young, who led the Longhorns to the national championship with a great performance against USC, scored only a 6 on the Wonderlich aptitude examination. The 50-question, 12-minute exam has a maximum score of 50 points. Although several players usually score in single-digits each year, it is highly unusual for quarterbacks to score that low.
Several NFL team executives confirmed Young's score, which could hurt his draft status

www.miami.com/mld/miamihe...964940.htm

doesnt matter.. he only fakes like he's gonna pass it. He makes one read ( one read??!!) then looks to run.... i think mike vick is capable of making 2 reads before he runs, but it took him 4 years..

primetime23 said:
could you guys stop, this is making me sick. Didnt vincent say he was so motivated to win the rose bowl when he didnt win the hiesman. 6 is bad but you know what he could of been nervious it happens, believe it. I was nervious one time when I was with my girlfriends parents and I had a hard time answering things they asked me which were rather simple if I answered them now

So he'd be more nervous taking a written test than playing football in front of millions? :shakeno: You can't be serious. Good comparison with the gf parents thing too. :lol:

SECfootball said:
Do you know how bad a 6 is?

Wow, lower than Vernon Carey's 8...but for a QB ???

Is he purposely trying not to get drafted to the Jests, Tenn, or NO ??

Disgustipate said:
Yes, because switching an athletic college QB to WR is TOTALLY unheard of.

Not like Matt Jones. Or Antuan Randle El. Or Hines Ward. Or Eric Crouch. Or etc. and so on.

A 6 on your Wonderlic is borderline ******ed. Statistically, it would be improbable for you to do worst then that randomly picking your answers. Someone who was illiterate could probabaly get a better score then that. I'm almost convinced he had to do that on purpose.

An NFL team is not going to run the same kind of offense Texas did. Do you honestly expect him to be able to learn an NFL offense?

An offense that they had to shape around him, not to utilize his talents, but because he was not coachable. I hear a lot of people talking about the USC game (not you Disgustipate). Do they honestly believe that crap is going to work in the NFL? One read, not open, run right... It didn't work for Crouch in the NFL (and he was unwilling to adjust to WR, as I think Young will be), and such play is obviously becoming an issue in Atlanta for Vick who I think is a better QB than Young (not saying much). There are simply too many question marks for this guy to go top 5 and this score adds another that pushes him out of the top ten, AT LEAST (though I agree with KB and CK that he goes to the Rams). As long as he doesn't come here, I will be happy.

if we pass on young im going to get the same feelin i got when we passed on brees

Dolphins_SR66 said:
But thats just it, the Wonderlic isnt designed to be a pure "intelligence" test, anymore than "literacy" defines "reading comphrension".

Its designed to see if people can apply intelligence to solve problems in the form of questions.

The test is designed to measure one's ability to:
· Learn a specific job
· Solve problems
· Understand instructions
· Apply knowledge to new situations
· Benefit from specific job training
· Be satisfied with a particular problem
I am not defending it as part of NFL on field results, just trying to explain what it is. The Wonderlic Personnel Test is not a neuropsychological instrument per se, but is used to help evaluate vocational abilities and potential for comparison with other neuropsychological tests in making practical prognostic decisions.

Ohh I thought it was like an IQ test.

HelloMotto said:
you could guess and get more than 6 right. that is really bad. That is defensive lineman bad.

Byron leftwich is supposedly smart. He can barely talk too.

Almost off-topic here, but...

I wanted to point out that Dan Marino was, in fact, a physical freak of nature. No one, repeat, no one, has ever had a quicker, more powerful delivery.

Marino's unique arm allowed him to overcome some less than extraordinary aspects of his game. Using Dan's score on the Wonderlic to support a choice for a qb makes about as much sense as suggesting that we should hire a crippled qb because Marino couldn't move for much of his career.

Alex22 said:
So my IQ is 134 in a timed test but when I played QB I still had a tough time breaking things down on the field, thats why I play reciever instead of QB now

And truthfully from the article I can deduct it has nothing to do with how well you process info

Lets say the question is

What is the 2nd month of the year

A- January
B- February
C- September
D- March

If he truely thinks March is the second month of the year and he anwsers it immediatly, although he is wrong, he still processed the info just fine, but he's dumb

It has no bearing on anything
You don't think it will have a bearing when they toss him a playbook as big as a dictionary, and one he has never seen before, and tell him, "Here Vince, learn this"
Your point would be correct if VY was playing back yard football, where you don't have to learn a playbook.

Back
Top Bottom