Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami?

Some background info on Will Allen

2005: 72 Tackles, 11 passes defended and 0 INT's in 16 games.

2004: For the first time in his career, started all 16 games at left cornerback and finished 3rd on the team in tackles with 81 (75 solo). Had a team-high 19 passes defensed, 1 interception, 1 sack and 1 forced fumble

2003: Started all 12 games in which he played at left cornerback...Placed on injured reserve on 12/2 after suffering a mid-foot sprain vs. Buffalo (11/30), an injury that required surgery and forced him to miss the season?s final four games?Finished the season with 45 tackles (38 solo) and tied for a team-high 2 interceptions..Recorded a career-high and team-high 14 passes defensed...

Allen is fast as ****. However, that's probably his only quality. But then again our secondary does lack speed, so I would like to see him signed with us. He could always improve in with the help of Saban and the talented defensive staff.

Surferosa said:
Some background info on Will Allen

2005: 72 Tackles, 11 passes defended and 0 INT's in 16 games.

2004: For the first time in his career, started all 16 games at left cornerback and finished 3rd on the team in tackles with 81 (75 solo). Had a team-high 19 passes defensed, 1 interception, 1 sack and 1 forced fumble

2003: Started all 12 games in which he played at left cornerback...Placed on injured reserve on 12/2 after suffering a mid-foot sprain vs. Buffalo (11/30), an injury that required surgery and forced him to miss the season?s final four games?Finished the season with 45 tackles (38 solo) and tied for a team-high 2 interceptions..Recorded a career-high and team-high 14 passes defensed...

Great facts. Thats what I'm saying, he doesn't get alot of Int's but he is a pretty good defender and he can tackle. He isn't Law, he isn't Madison or Surtain, but he is QUALITY. I like him.

like2god said:
Great facts. Thats what I'm saying, he doesn't get alot of Int's but he is a pretty good defender and he can tackle. He isn't Law, he isn't Madison or Surtain, but he is QUALITY. I like him.

He can't tackle very well, and he has no hands. That is one of the big reasons the Giants are letting him go, they feel they need to upgrade (Madison etc...)

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He can't tackle very well, and he has no hands. That is one of the big reasons the Giants are letting him go, they feel they need to upgrade (Madison etc...)

Im not saying your wrong I just have a question

how does he have so many tackles if he tackles so poorly? Im sure he doesnt get beat by his reciever that much and he must have at least decent run support right?

NJFINSFAN1 said:

I don't know enough about him to know about the tackling, but I DO know how Nick feels about it. I think that is why Sam is gone. Any thoughts on that ? I mean, Sam looked and was soft about tackles, is this guy soft or does he have heart and crappy technique?

chrisinak said:
According to PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

We're hearing indications that free agent cornerback Will Allen soon will be signing with the Miami Dolphins.

Allen is a former first-round selection of the New York Giants, but he never displayed on a consistent basis first-round ability. He was eclipsed from the outset of his career another corner drafted that same year with the same first name, William Peterson, and the Giants extended Peterson's rookie contract without ever showing any serious decision to be keep Allen.

In Miami, Allen gets the best chance to become the player he's never been. Coach Nick Saban's specialty is the defensive backfield, and we've got a feeling he could yank four guys from the kitchen of a local Denny's and with a few weeks of practice turn them into guys who could make a periodic play.

Finally some serious speed on defense

Alex22 said:
Im not saying your wrong I just have a question

how does he have so many tackles if he tackles so poorly? Im sure he doesnt get beat by his reciever that much and he must have at least decent run support right?

They throw to his side all the time. Why you ask, because he was the weak link. Corey Webster started and did much better then him, they pick on Allen all the time. He has gottn a little better with tackling, but is also thought of as a timid player.

i8 thought saban liked big strong corners....will allen is one of the smallest...

cnc66 said:
I don't know enough about him to know about the tackling, but I DO know how Nick feels about it. I think that is why Sam is gone. Any thoughts on that ? I mean, Sam looked and was soft about tackles, is this guy soft or does he have heart and crappy technique?

And the Giants feel Madison was an upgrade to Allen, that says a ton to me.:wink:

Alex22 said:
Im sure he doesnt get beat by his reciever that much

He gets torched by receivers.

I'd rather have howard back.

Seriously, watch some tape of giants games last year. My old man is a huge giants fan, i've seen the games.

But whatever, if we sign him I hope saban can turn him around. If not its gonna be a long season.

Avigatorx said:
He gets torched by receivers.

I'd rather have howard back.

Seriously, watch some tape of giants games last year. My old man is a huge giants fan, i've seen the games.

But whatever, if we sign him I hope saban can turn him around. If not its gonna be a long season.

Yep, they could not wait to get rid of him. If we sign him, I hope Saban can do something with him, but it won't be easy.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

well they picked the wrong guy cause tackling/interceptions is not Sams specialty.

Back
Top Bottom