Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami?

AWESOME FRIGGIN NEWS.

We NEED corners. I would be very pleased!!!

We will have added 3 RELATIVELY YOUNG PIECES to the secondary.

IMO we would be looking to draft BPA!

Will Allen is a good corner with all the potential to become a great under Nick Saban. The guy is one of the fastest players in the league. To me speed is something that our team is lacking severely. One thing that I've seen when watching Will play is that he drops to many interceptions. He only has 4 picks in 4 years. Overall it is a nice pickup.

IAFINFAN said:
I think what people need to remember is Saban played DB in college and also coached them when he first started coaching. DB's is his speciality and he will not settle for anyone that will hurt this team. He will continue to bring people in and see how they mesh with the guys we have and if they can't get the job done they won't be here. Wanny went after big name players and Saban goes after football players. There is a big difference.

and the magic he performed last year bares this out. We have much to look forward too in the years ahead. Within three years at Cleveland, Nick was fielding the NFL's best defense, I for one, do not think he has lost that ability, if anything he has gotten smarter. He is upgrading our depth and overall talent, with every move. Remember, Nick, like Bill, has an expectation for each position and he has that big chart that has every free agent on it, ranked by HIS staff. If Nick signs him, I believe.

uga3406 said:
In the span of a week, the hins have signed 3 dbs and im not impressed with really any of them. Maybe goodman might be allright but to tell you the truth i thought daniels did a great job the last 8 weeks of the season and i personally think he has a bright future ahead. With that said i know all about Will Allen , im from nj and read the local ny papers. I have seen a lot of giants games here and there come to know that Allen isnt that good. I hope with this signing doesn't mean we won't try and get a Cb with our 1st pick. If we pass on one of the young Cb's this year in the draft i will be angry and confused even more.

This is a ridiculous post. What do you know about Goodman? How much tape have you watched? What do you know about Renaldo Hill? Did you coach him in College like someone else involved in this transaction? For years our defense has been slow and old, and if we sign Will Allen, we will have added 3 young guys to the secondary, two of which have blazing speed and the other of which hits like a cannon. I just get so frustrated with people that make comments like this just because we arent signing Ty Law at 10 million dollars guaranteed, or 32 year old Lawyer Milloy... You want a team full of names- go be a fan of the Washington Redskins and enjoy consistently losing. Nick is turning this ship around, and soon enough we will be referred to as the Pats II. They rarely add the big name (especially in the secondary). So just watch and enjoy Nick work his magic- and if you really have a problem with the signings of Goodman, Hill and Allen- then go and watch every snap they played this year (because you know our scouting department has) and come back and let us know your educated opinion.

Phins28 said:
Here's some Giants fans opinions on Allen:

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5289&start=1950

you have to scroll down.

Thanks for that. Nick and Mel Philips (who we often overlook but played a huge role in the development of Pat Surtain) can work on the hands, and sometimes this develops with players as they get more experience and more comfortable taking risks. But after watching Reggie Howard and Sam Madison miss tackles right and left, it will be a breath of fresh air to just have a guy who can consistently keep up with WRs and make the tackle.

Dolfan1000 said:
This is a ridiculous post. What do you know about Goodman? How much tape have you watched? What do you know about Renaldo Hill? Did you coach him in College like someone else involved in this transaction? For years our defense has been slow and old, and if we sign Will Allen, we will have added 3 young guys to the secondary, two of which have blazing speed and the other of which hits like a cannon. I just get so frustrated with people that make comments like this just because we arent signing Ty Law at 10 million dollars guaranteed, or 32 year old Lawyer Milloy... You want a team full of names- go be a fan of the Washington Redskins and enjoy consistently losing. Nick is turning this ship around, and soon enough we will be referred to as the Pats II. They rarely add the big name (especially in the secondary). So just watch and enjoy Nick work his magic- and if you really have a problem with the signings of Goodman, Hill and Allen- then go and watch every snap they played this year (because you know our scouting department has) and come back and let us know your educated opinion.

great post, I agree 100%

I believe Saban, Capers and the rest of the staff know what they are doing.

cnc66 said:
like who? Who am I not seeing?

Isnt it obvious!? Ty Law at 10 mil guaranteed, or Charles Woodson at 8 mil guranteed.

Sheesh.

:rolleyes2 Really people...

Dolfan1000 said:
Isnt it obvious!? Ty Law at 10 mil guaranteed, or Charles Woodson at 8 mil guranteed.

Sheesh.

:rolleyes2 Really people...

Ty Law for too much money and Charles Woodson, who at this point isn't any better than Allen. IMO

like2god said:
Ty Law for too much money and Charles Woodson, who at this point isn't any better than Allen. IMO

:rolleyes2 = Sarcasm.

Im with you- I think this would be a very good signing.

Back
Top Bottom