Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: PFT/ Will Allen Heading To Miami?

Really folks, if you look at what Belichk has done withthe Pat's this is very similar. Get quality players and form them together to make a TEAM... Will Allen might not be great but he's fast and has good cover skills. As mentioned earlier a change of scenery and an EXCELLENT coah can make the diffrence. I'm all about the fins picking up VALUE players and that's what he is. If Saban can build for cheap for the long run instead of a quick fix then we will be solid for years.

Here's the scouting report from Scouts Inc on ESPN.com:

Allen has a good combination of size, speed and athletic ability. He is a good sound technique player. He is low and smooth in his back pedal, has fluid hips and has very good foot speed. He has excellent change of direction skills and does not lose speed coming in and out of backpedal. He does a good job of planting and driving to the ball with little or no wasted motion. He has the top-end speed to run with most and good catch-up speed if he makes a mistake. He has good ball skills, leaping ability and good range to track down plays. He is quick to react on run support. He has improved his overall tackling ability. He made some impressive open field tackles and is not afraid to mix it up vs. the run. He is a good zone player. He showed good awareness on his drops and did a very nice job keeping things in front of him and driving on the ball. However, Allen needs to improve his man-to-man cover skills and make more plays when the ball is in the air. He lacks good upper-body strength to jam receiver at the line of scrimmage. Bigger and more physical receivers are able to overpower him. He lets receivers get too much cushion on him and struggles to mirror the receiver's route. Overall, Allen is a good starter. He plays with confidence and has all the tools to develop into one of the better cover corners in the league. But he needs to stay healthy to do it.

That's the power of free speech I guess. Some people say Will Allen is good, some say he stinks. Some say he can't make plays or catch, some say he could be reborn here.

I just dont get why Saban would sign a guy who cant make plays and stinks. Wouldn't he get the best guy thats available?

In the span of a week, the hins have signed 3 dbs and im not impressed with really any of them. Maybe goodman might be allright but to tell you the truth i thought daniels did a great job the last 8 weeks of the season and i personally think he has a bright future ahead. With that said i know all about Will Allen , im from nj and read the local ny papers. I have seen a lot of giants games here and there come to know that Allen isnt that good. I hope with this signing doesn't mean we won't try and get a Cb with our 1st pick. If we pass on one of the young Cb's this year in the draft i will be angry and confused even more.

I like the move. I'm also sure Saban will bring in more corners to compete with him and if he beats them out then great. At least we know he's better than Reggie Howard.

I think even if we sign Allen, we should draft a Db with our first pick. Williams or Cromartie would be okay with me.

I think this would be a great pickup for the phins. I live in New York and i watch most of the Giants games and have seen this guy play. He has great tackling technique his only downside is that he has hands of stone. Its a shame because he has the speed to take one to the house every time he gets his hands on it.

i couldnt say i team would be worse with him, obviously he's a decent veteran but idk im from ny and ive seen him play and he's never lived up to the hype maybe he could resurect himself in miami but idk if we sign him what ever he would make our team a lil bit better

jimmy williams or michael huff at #16 would be great, williams can play both corner and safety, and when we could get will allen, i think allen, daniels and poole as cb's and williams/huff as safety...

and saban and the rest of the dolphins coaching staff would make him better as he played in ny...

well if we get enough warm bodies here, someone should pan out.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Bring in Ahmed Plummer :shakeno:

Ahmed Plummer?? Is that you Rick Speilman? You're telling me you'd rather have an eight or nine year veteran who hasn't done jack in years and is burned on a regular basis along with the rest of that awful Niner secondary, over a young, talented corner who could be very good and at the very worst, provide some solid depth? I'm glad you're not running the team.....:shakeno:

I think what people need to remember is Saban played DB in college and also coached them when he first started coaching. DB's is his speciality and he will not settle for anyone that will hurt this team. He will continue to bring people in and see how they mesh with the guys we have and if they can't get the job done they won't be here. Wanny went after big name players and Saban goes after football players. There is a big difference.

IAFINFAN said:
I think what people need to remember is Saban played DB in college and also coached them when he first started coaching. DB's is his speciality and he will not settle for anyone that will hurt this team. He will continue to bring people in and see how they mesh with the guys we have and if they can't get the job done they won't be here. Wanny went after big name players and Saban goes after football players. There is a big difference.
Very good point, I...did not know that.:D

Back
Top Bottom