MERGED: Randy Moss to the Raiders per Pioneer Press | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Randy Moss to the Raiders per Pioneer Press

Now that Minnesota will have 2 first round picks, what about the possibility of them trading their later first rounder (somewhere in 17-20 range) for Surtain? They have plenty of cap room for Surtain's desires, and god knows they need help on defense. Then we could have the 2nd pick and a mid-1st to nab someone like Spears or someone to fit the "Saban System"

Thats also one less team to take a running back should we trade down or aquire extra first round picks.

This is hilarious. I was just talking to my die-hard Vikings fan friend about an hour ago, and he was so relieved that the new owner wanted to keep Moss on the team. He's probably crying right now.

Doesn't the loss of Moss make Minny slightly lacking at WR. That would mean they will probably take Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams, depending on who the Bears don't take. If that is the case, that's good news, because Washington might be looking to trade down, since they wouldn't be able to get either one. Or if Minny really want Braylon ove MW, they could trade ahead of chicago, by giving us #7 and thier later pick from round 1, and/or thier 2nd round pick. The trade down possibilities are at least looking better now. If Minny did that and we got a 1st out of Indy for Surtain, that would be 3 1'sts. It won't happen, but a man can dream can't he.

JB-Dolfan-VA said:
Hey everyone!

Oakland has franchised Woodson and resigned Porter (maybe to trade him?

No one would give Oakland 2#1's for porter no way they franchised him to trade him.

feelthepain said:
No one would give Oakland 2#1's for porter no way they franchised him to trade him.
Porter didn't get franchised, Woodson did. I think they can offer something less than the two first rounders -- that's up to the two teams involved if I'm not mistaken.

The Raiders could sign and trade Porter. I'm not saying it will happen, but it could.

I really think this is starting to make our draft more interesting.

Ya, I could see the Raiders trading Jerry Porter now. They would still have Ronald Curry on the roster. I can't see them having that much money tied up to one position with Moss coming on board. Porter probably signed a big contract. I can't see how they would have much cap space to go after a stud rb like James or Alexander.

JB-Dolfan-VA said:
Porter didn't get franchised, Woodson did. I think they can offer something less than the two first rounders -- that's up to the two teams involved if I'm not mistaken.

The Raiders could sign and trade Porter. I'm not saying it will happen, but it could.

I really think this is starting to make our draft more interesting.

Woodson isn't worth two 1st's either, Iwouldn't want either for any amount.

So Raiders are now $10 mil over the cap? Talk about time to cut players;-)

What RB are they going to get now? Also, without the advantage of playaction or threat of a running game..Marty and Co. will have a field day with their zone /nickel coverages! And with our improvement in the pass rush and safety position I say one thing..

BRING IT ON!

Oakland

Was barely under the cap to begin with. Minnesota was 31.5 million under, now theyw ill take a 10 mill cap hit.

Can't see why this trade would happen. Why would Al Davis give all that for Moss? Why would Minnesota wanna trade him? They are used to his antics and Culpepper can get the ball to him. Who can in Oakland? Why would Moss even want to go to Oakland? I hear he likes Minnesota and has lots of family and friends he has moved there. Plus, as a me type player, you think he wouldn't wanna go to the Raiders, especially having to share time with Porter.

On the plus side, I can't see them having the room to sign Jordan. On the negative, they might be able to now, and will go after him seeing they don't have an option to draft a top one anymore.

SkapePhin said:
ESPN reported Shaq was out for the season after reading a fake Miami Herald article.. 10 minutes later they retracted.
I didnt see that (saw that Shaq was hurt, but they didnt say how long). Good thing, though...if I'd seen an article saying Shaq was out for the season, I woulda had a heart attack, lol.

Back
Top Bottom