Merged: Ricky in India/Ricky Missed Test | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ricky in India/Ricky Missed Test

Well the French are like 5 or 6 hours ahead of us on the time zone so they are getting there information faster. LOL

jbond said:
missing a test = failing to meet the drug program requirements = infraction = suspension etc.

missing a test /=/ failing a test

:) I'm just trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt since he was tested 10 times a month during the season that he wouldn't screw it up in the off-season and that he "missed" a test while overseas although he can retest whether urine or hair analysis to show if he's violated the substance abuse policy by using an illegal drug.

well, thats not how this thing was originally reported. Its a crock that is sure to set up a firestorm with the league especially since they are currently having CBA issues. Ya, you can be clean and prove yourself but because we done like you, we will leak this infromation to the press somewhere in mountainas america and he basically failed a drug test.............i mean missed a drug test. I guess the guy is not allowed to leave the country then. Thats a bit disgraceful in America dont ya think? I mean, if he were back to smoking, dont ya think it would still be in his system by June if he really was back on the weed? I think they know he is recovered and now this is the only way they can screw us so they will. If I were a lawyer, this would be a huge deal with this CBA thing going on.

byroan said:
Which brings up the point, was Ricky aware of his drug test?

If that is the issue (a missed drug test) then I'm siding with RW on this one. The NFL has no right to contol an individual's free time. If he's in India, as reported. RW has not been charged with any crime and he has not served jail time. He is not wearing a security anklet either.
The NFL has no right to control an individual's life like that. Is it feasible to take a drug test while in another country?

I am as anti-drug as anybody, but this policy in the NFL is absurd in the offseason.

SR 7 said:
you know what doesnt' make sense to me....how would denver know he failed meanign he went and did not pass it if he has been/is in India? I'd understand if he wnetn and failed but this osunds more like A) he missed the test or B)some BS is going on around here. Adding some mroe spice to RW so they can maybe get him for a cheaper price but that WOULDN'T make sense b/c THEN that would mean he is gone for the year. SO it can't be (B) but i think (A) is interesting. How would they konw. his own mother hasn't talked to him of late so how would the dr's or whatever. something is up here. I just hope its a lie and bs so we can trade him for picks ASAP.

Because its a stunt. The league isnt suppose to discuss the matter at all in public! This spells problems to me. This is friggin America and the dude cant go overseas with the rest of the players farting around the world? Disgraceful is what this is.

And you know damn well that reporter isnt going to give up his "rock soliid" sources.

If Ricky missed his drug test but...

has a valid excuse as to why he missed it (had a legit emergency, was sick, is out of the country and couldn't make it back in time, etc.), do you think the NFL would pardon him this time? If he's in India, I'm sure it's not that easy to find somewhere to get tested. Not to mention, if he would have tested positive yesterday, I'm sure he'd test positive today too.
His mother thinks it may be one of his legal yoga supplements but that's tricky too. There are things that can be bought legally at GNC that is illegal for NFL players to take and the NFL has zero tolerance for any violation.

He should be able to appeal it. IF he is out of the country, and agrees to take a test immediately after returning, he may be able to get his suspension lifted. I'm waiting for something concrete though. I hope it's as simple as him just missing it.

there are way too many rumors, the only thing I know is that both the Denverpost and the Miamiherald say Ricky failed a drug test. now there are rumors such as this one, why wouldn't he be aware of the drug test? doesn't seem likely

byroan said:
Which brings up the point, was Ricky aware of his drug test?

Ricky is a Space Cadet.. Remember the Playbook thing? It wouldnt surprise me if he "forgot" to show up for a test.

He may have thought he was safe in India and was free to take a few tokes. I'd rather think that he simply missed a drug test and this can all be worked out.

Things need to clear up once he gets back. He should not be punished just because he missed the test. Give him the test once he gets back. But, the league looks at him as a repeat offender and the system is set up guilty till proven innocent.

jlfin said:
If that is the issue (a missed drug test) then I'm siding with RW on this one. The NFL has no right to contol an individual's free time. If he's in India, as reported. RW has not been charged with any crime and he has not served jail time. He is not wearing a security anklet either.
The NFL has no right to control an individual's life like that. Is it feasible to take a drug test while in another country?

I am as anti-drug as anybody, but this policy in the NFL is absurd in the offseason.
Actually, in a way, I'd say they do have the right to control his "free time". When you play in the NFL, you choose to play by their rules. When you get caught using illegal substances, one of the rules you must play by is submitting to the terms of their subtance abuse program. Ricky can either submit to those rules, no matter how demanding, or he can find a new profession.

Being on vacation is no excuse. otherwise all the dopers would just spend the off-season abroad, taking advantage of this built in excuse.

What I don't understand is that their subjected to up to 10 ramdom test a month. How do they notify you. If they knock on your door and your not home, you failed! You have to go to the grocery store!:tantrum:

Back
Top Bottom