Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ronnie Brown/Can He Carry the Load?

NO...didnt even read anything...came in here and said NO bc ricky is ****ing crazy good!....he actually played against the titans and look what he did!

Ghetti13 said:
I take Ronnie Brown over Ricky Williams in a heartbeat.

1. Ronnie is 24, Ricky is 29 in May.
2. Ronnie loves the game of football, Ricky loves to pay the bills.
3. Ronnie has the most uncanny natural power of any back I have ever seen. Ricky's power is declining. Just ask Asante Samuel.
4. Ronnie has one of the most natural pair of hands I have ever seen out of a big back.
5. Ronnie and Ricky have outstanding acceleration, yet Ronnie is much larger and more powerful.
6. Ronnie and Ricky have superb speed, yet Ronnie is larger and more powerful.
7. Ronnie changes direction with ease.

The question becomes: What is two years of Ricky Williams worth? Because don't kid yourselves, he is out when his contract runs out.

If we can get a 2nd round pick from a short sighted team who feels they are a running back away, we take it. In heartbeat. That second round pick has more value to the Miami Dolphins than two years of Ricky Williams playing behind Ronnie Brown.

You are nuts.

Make an argument to back up your opinion that Ricky is a better back than Ronnie Brown. Don't just call someone nuts. That's the easy way out.

The point of these forums is to have mature and reasoned argument. At least I thought that was the point.

Yet, I must admit that I get the feeling that the post's on this site are all too often short on reason and long on ignorance.

Ghetti13 said:
Make an argument to back up your opinion that Ricky is a better back than Ronnie Brown. Don't just call someone nuts. That's the easy way out.

The point of these forums is to have mature and reasoned argument. At least I thought that was the point.

Yet, I must admit that I get the feeling that the post's on this site are all too often short on reason and long on ignorance.

If you talking about me just say it homey!!! J/K....I respect your opinion playboy!

Ghetti13 said:

He called Ronnie Brown a Dodo in one of his other posts. He's no real fish fan.:tantrum:

I was not referring to anyone in particular. Just those who fail to use well reasoned argument on this board. I feel it destroys the quality of conversation.

They are generally those people who resort to some form of name calling or conclusionary statements instead of backing up their belief with reasoned argument.

Also, who supposedly called Ronnie a "Dodo"?

And, what is a "Dodo"?

Ricky is not the future of this team... Ronnie is... end of story...

We are better off getting a starter at a different position with a 2nd round pick than have 2 starting calibur running backs...

If your talking about value... Ronnie has twice as much.
Ricky may be more effective right now, but Ronnie will be better than Ricky ever was.

Phin_Phan said:
Did you say Ronnie is "faster, bigger and stronger"??? Faster perhaps, but DEFINATELY not Bigger or Stronger......

Ronnie was timed 1/10th of a second faster than Ricky, but I'd be willing to bet Ricky has faster game speed. There is no way to truly measure game speed, but when RW gets into the secondary, he just looks much faster. RW is also WAY quicker through the holes.

AirChambers84 said:
If your talking about value... Ronnie has twice as much.
Ricky may be more effective right now, but Ronnie will be better than Ricky ever was.

Ronnie will be better than Ricky was? Bold statement. What are basing this on?

Ghetti13 said:
Ronnie is significantly bigger and stronger than Ricky Williams.

6' 232 v. 5'10 215-220.

And all you have to do it watch the two run to see that Ronnie is significantly more powerful.

:shakeno: Ronnie may have a little more power now because of the weight difference. But if Ricky is at his original game weight of 228, he is AT LEAST as powerful a runner as Ronnie. Ricky Williams has always been known as a PUNISHING runner who dishes out as much or more than he takes. People need to quit humping Ronnie's leg just because he was Saban's first pick as Dolphins coach. People might be pissed at Ricky, but you shouldn't let it blind you to who has the more physical and natural ability.

FinNasty said:
Ricky is not the future of this team... Ronnie is... end of story...

We are better off getting a starter at a different position with a 2nd round pick than have 2 starting calibur running backs...

BUT, that second round pick is not a sure thing at all. There is always the players who are let-downs, lack the heart for the next level, or even an injury could sideline them before they ever get started. With Ricky, we know what we have, and from a talent standpoint, it's alot.

Ghetti13 said:
Ronnie is significantly bigger and stronger than Ricky Williams.

6' 232 v. 5'10 215-220.

And all you have to do it watch the two run to see that Ronnie is significantly more powerful.

:yeahthat:

Back
Top Bottom