MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rumor/Report - Dolphins looking to trade Smiley

Whatever trade they were working towards a week ago seems to have fallen through. It's possible they could still get a 6th or a 7th from a team that wants to avoid an auction but then again prospective buyers might just wait for him to be cut and see if they can sign him to a cheaper contract than the one he has currently

Dont think another team has a shot of signing him to a cheaper contract because we wont cut him , if we dont trade him , he stays .

Dont think another team has a shot of signing him to a cheaper contract because we wont cut him , if we dont trade him , he stays .

If there was the slightest possibility of him staying he'd have been invited to the off-season conditioning program don't you think ?

Even if they did a U-turn - decided there was no chance of a trade and they wanted to keep him - you really think Smiley would want to stay after he's basically been told he's being replaced ?

yes

because neither suh or mccoy is a 3-4 nose tackle

I keep seeing this and IMO it's not true at all . . . both Suh and McCoy can play 3-4 NT . . . but it just isn't there best position. I would think they both fit better as 4-3 DT's, followed by 3-4 DE's and then 3-4 NT . . . they could even play 4-3 DE . . . these are both 2 very versatile linemen.

If we drafted Suh it would be to play 3-4 DE . . . but I know we throw him at 3-4 NT just to get a few looks.

SMILEY won't get cut. And the money angle is bogus: this season, he makes $2.9 Million, which is peanuts for a Pro Bowl calibre, 28 year old G. In F/A, a team would pay a whole lot more. As to his higher salary for 2011 and 2012, that's what "restructuring" is for.

I can't believe some of the drivel posted about SMILEY. If healthy, he's a topshelf G and better than anyone else we have...PERIOD! Health is the ONLY issue, and it's admittedly a big one. But anyone in the position we were in after the 2007 season, as well as any serious SB contender who is "close", or a solid team whose OL is its weakest link, should be chomping at the bit to get quality G like SMILEY for just a 3rd. And if MIAMI keeps him, that's not bad, either. Frankly, this all should be "win-win" for MIAMI: THE ONLY LOSING SCENARIO is if MIAMI cuts him. And if MIAMI keeps him, all this "hurt feelings" b-crap will pass in a NY minute. Because everyone involved is a Pro...unlike so many of the posters on this board.

Q.E. puckin D. (expletive deleted)!

SMILEY won't get cut. And the money angle is bogus: this season, he makes $2.9 Million, which is peanuts for a Pro Bowl calibre, 28 year old G. In F/A, a team would pay a whole lot more. As to his higher salary for 2011 and 2012, that's what "restructuring" is for.

I can't believe some of the drivel posted about SMILEY. If healthy, he's a topshelf G and better than anyone else we have...PERIOD! Health is the ONLY issue, and it's admittedly a big one. But anyone in the position we were in after the 2007 season, as well as any serious SB contender who is "close", or a solid team whose OL is its weakest link, should be chomping at the bit to get quality G like SMILEY for just a 3rd. And if MIAMI keeps him, that's not bad, either. Frankly, this all should be "win-win" for MIAMI: THE ONLY LOSING SCENARIO is if MIAMI cuts him. And if MIAMI keeps him, all this "hurt feelings" b-crap will pass in a NY minute. Because everyone involved is a Pro...unlike so many of the posters on this board.

Q.E. puckin D. (expletive deleted)!

solid points in this point

It appears that Seattle is trying to move their LG Rod Sims who is not believed to be a good fit for the new zone blocking scheme. It would appear that they would like to trade him before they make any deal for Smiley. Otherwise teams will know they are desperate to move Sims and his value will go down. Look for Smiley to be traded once SEA moves Sims.

We won't get anywhere near a 3rd for an injury prone, highly paid G. I'd imagine we'll get a 5/6th for him, and be happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom