Merged: Saban considering trading up? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Saban considering trading up?

In the end f we dont trade up Saban will get the BPA,but since las year Saban has been trying to land a QB we all kow he wanted Smith, and when Smith was not there
he passed on all the other QB's so if this year he wants his QB and he wants to trade up and get him he will.How much longer before we draft a QB since 1982 we havent drafted a QB.His name is MArino a legend but we know we need a young QB.If he trades up and gets Cutler,if Cutler is there at 16 or if we grab Croyle or Whitehurst in the later rounds truth is we need a Qb for the future and it wont be ignored no more.......

If Saban trades up its gonna be because hes sure he has his man...we gotta trust him whoever he picks. Until he slips up and makes a poor decision i say we trust in Saban.:dolphins:

wut about that guy schaub from atlanta, i think hes a FA.

Exactly the answer to a Dynasty is a franchise QB, also you guys Saban is one hell of a talent evaluater so i sincerely doubt the QB he gets will be a bust. I remembered last year when we all Questioned the signing of Gus, I also remembered when some of you thought Feely was the answer.Turns out Saban stuck with Gus the whole Season and besides his accuracy problem early on
, Gus had the best year in his career..... So in Saban we trust and atleast it aint Wanny trading the future of this team...If Saban thinks we need to trade up he will.....

Jnaledu3 said:
The Senior Bowl was Cutler's time. Did he take advantage of it? Kind of.

The same questions about him remain. His mechanics, decision making, etc. are still questions about him and they will definately need to be developed by the team that drafts him.

But one thing that everybody is sure of now is his arm stregth. He has a NFL arm with a quick release. He can get the ball out of there in a split second.

But from now and until the draft, the focus will be on Vince Young and Matt Leinart. Cutler got a lot of hype this week because he was the best QB in Mobile, and many were expecting him to "let the cat out of the bag."

It will be interesting to see what Leinart and Young do at the combines. Everybody is going to be looking forward to see Vince Young throw.

I dont think the Cutler hype is going to get stronger or be as strong as it was this week. There is still a small chance right now that he could fall to #16. Because when all is said and done teams take the players they NEED in the first round. Detroit and Arizona both have other areas they need to address. But if Saban has to, there should be a oppurtunity there for him to trade up.

I think the hype is already done....Croyle outplayed Cutler...and even if you don't believe that...you have to believe he played even with him...so does that make Cutler a top ten pick...not unless your on drugs. After the All Star Challenge and the combine...Cutler will fall to where he should have been all along...the 2nd round.

well Leinart has got to be considered a 'can't-miss' prospect, and Young has all the tools, and is clutch. Either one would be amazing. But I don't see Saban going into the top 3 to get one of them, one will have to slip to 7 or so before we pull the trigger.
I'm sure Saban holds Cutler in high regard. SEC coach and SEC player of the year. I'm sure this is who we're really talking about.

What about Gino Torreta or Steve Walsh or Brock Berlin.Oh no its Frank Costa.Yeah thats who Saban wants.A stud at QB like that would fit perfectly...Gus for another year would be horrible.Only if theres a QB of the future on the bench.

I'd give up almost anything for Vince Young.

finsrule84 said:
maybe Saban could be lookig to trade up for Leinart or Young. could happen:eek:

I'd love to see that happen. Only thing this team really needs is a franchise QB and only good gambles out there are Leinart, Young, and maybe Cutler. Though it's more likely for Cutler.

It could be Cutler or Croyle or Whitehurst who ever Saban thinks is good enough.If Sabans Wants Cutler he will trade up and if he doesn't.he will draft Whitehurst or Croyle whoever we grab Saban will draft them cause he thought they could be our Franchise QB.I mean look at Frye he performed well this year when given the oppurtunity so just wait and see, but we defitnetly need a franchise QB.....

I wouldnt be opposed at all for a trade up, but only for a QB.
Draft picks will do us nothing if we dont have a QB.

I am pretty set against a quarterback in the first round unless there is a Carson Palmer or Eli Manning sitting there waiting for the first pick of the draft. In my opinion, it would be a better bet to get Croyle in the third and still pick up a bluechip playmaker in the first

Back
Top Bottom