Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will believe it when he is at the press conference saying how great it is to be a Miami Dolphin. No point getting to worked up yet.

My only real concern right now is going to be the inevitable tampering accusations that are going to be flying. It just doesn't look good when the guy already has his plane ticket in hand to land in Miami 2 minutes before midnight.

I said he lands at 11:58 not starts negotiations (i know the rules).....i am assuming he takes 4 or 5 minutes to read and sign.

all i am saying that we need to have a deal ready for him to read and sign once he steps off the plane

The part that is tampering is that you're assuming that Miami can write up a contract on a tarmac in 5 minutes. Miami would "just happen to be at the tarmac" at midnight, not knowing it was his plane, just so happen to have everything necessary to write up a contract and hand it to his agent. The tampering part comes from Miami would have obviously had a contract already in place before 12am on Friday and would have had contract with Dansby or his agent to know what plane he was on. I'm obviously just being silly about this. No worries man.

I will believe it when he is at the press conference saying how great it is to be a Miami Dolphin. No point getting to worked up yet.

My only real concern right now is going to be the inevitable tampering accusations that are going to be flying. It just doesn't look good when the guy already has his plane ticket in hand to land in Miami 2 minutes before midnight.
I believe the landing a 11:58 thing was a joke.

Why are people bringing up tampering issues? Tampering usually means you have made contact with that player or somehow persuade him to sign with you and began negotiations while he is under contract for another team. Having a flight to Miami isn't considered tampering.

Guys this is like believing the stripper when she says she likes you after you stuff a couple Cnotes in her G-String! What a tease!

Yeah, I want Dansby, but like others have said he isn't the first FA to be in Miami when FA opens!

People who think we wont is crazy... IMO its Nolan calling this he has been tellin parcells to make sure to get him so you cant say there cheap. If the D cordinator wants him he shall get him..

Feels good to tick off a need with a significant player. Not a savior, but a very significant player.

I agree. Except, I wish I knew if he is coming to play ILB or OLB like some reports have stated. I read the Universal Draft article talking about the 8 LB positions in Nolan's defense and Dansby filling in at #4 and #7. Time will tell, but either way I really hope we sign him.

Nolan was HC in San Fran for a few years playing against Dansby twice a year. He knows what that mofo can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom