Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will believe it when he is at the press conference saying how great it is to be a Miami Dolphin. No point getting to worked up yet.

My only real concern right now is going to be the inevitable tampering accusations that are going to be flying. It just doesn't look good when the guy already has his plane ticket in hand to land in Miami 2 minutes before midnight.

We will be ok as long as he doesnt hit our complex until after midnight and nothing that has taken place up to now can be traced.

Teams fly players in all the time to court them during FA.

I liked Shefter when he was on NFLN ...loved watching him on FA day with his blackberry i always told my buddy that his word was pretty much golden---but since he's gone to ESPN he's just another NFL reporter to me--- still enjoy him over anyone on ESPN

Agreed. Kinda like a free agent going to the wrong system. He just seems very out of place on ESPN

It was his opinion but I wonder if they have talked about this already since they are so close. We all know there is alot of tampering going on. I wonder if this is a done deal already.

like i stated in a thread yesterday i see dansby is already a dolphin :chuckle::hi5:

It's only tampering if you get caught.

What if Miami negotiated a deal through his second cousin twice removed? Is that still tampering?

Why are people bringing up tampering issues? Tampering usually means you have made contact with that player or somehow persuade him to sign with you and began negotiations while he is under contract for another team. Having a flight to Miami isn't considered tampering.

Tampering is more than just having contact with a player or agent. That is one part of it. Trust me, I used Tampering in the NFL as my thesis for a business ethics class in college. I did a lot of research on the subject at the time. I even was in contact with Mike Florio from Profootballtalk by email to ask him his opinions on the matter. The thing is, tampering is extremely wide spread throughout the NFL, it's very unlikely a team decides to complain publicly about it because they themselves do it. The only thing we have to worry about as of right now if Dansby is on a flight to Miami is if our offices contacted him or his agent about meeting him in Miami before midnight tonight. The thing is that Miami has probably already tampered in regards to Dansby before today. Anytime you have a player who visits a team usually between the day of FA to about 10am, you can just assume tampering has occured. In the real world it is very hard to set up meeting, contracts, etc in such a short period of time.

The part that is tampering is that you're assuming that Miami can write up a contract on a tarmac in 5 minutes. Miami would "just happen to be at the tarmac" at midnight, not knowing it was his plane, just so happen to have everything necessary to write up a contract and hand it to his agent. The tampering part comes from Miami would have obviously had a contract already in place before 12am on Friday and would have had contract with Dansby or his agent to know what plane he was on. I'm obviously just being silly about this. No worries man.

Well sexy rexy was in bart scotts driveway im sure we can meet a guy on a tarmac lol

Woweewowow.. this is very encouraging. I'll do my best to keep him incommunicado until 12:01AM!!!!

2vd2rzc-1.jpg

In related breaking news, Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins organization regrets drafting Eddie Moore over Anquan Boldin.

:oops:

Ok guys Dansby in Cardinals system was sick. But Dansby under Nolan!!!!!!!!!! is gonna be amazing

anyone know where it get the #58 jersey around here, cause we got a new player on the team. I hope anyway.:up:

We will be ok as long as he doesnt hit our complex until after midnight and nothing that has taken place up to now can be traced.

Teams fly players in all the time to court them during FA.

He can say he had a hot date with Kim Kardashian on South Beach tonight,,,nobody will question that. :3w:

Armando Salguero just picked up on it after I tweeted to him to report on it.

You guys have no idea how good I feel about being able to find us a story before any of the ****ty local media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom