Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Karlos Dansby Thread/Miami Is His First Visit on Friday (Signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarcastic Salguero tweets he cannot confirm that Dansby is on vacation or this is a coencidence

Way to go out on a limb Lombardi! I warm the Pulitzer up for you! There is no tight budget because FA's of the past. Ross has said he leaves full power to the trifecta, so if they want Dansby they can have him.

NO NO NO to Foote and Fujita! We have had enough second tier FA's Wilford, E. Green, Grove, Wilson, etc.... A roster full of second tier and average players doesn't equal Championship! Every time we sign one of these second tier guys we have to sign another guy for depth because they are injured a lot, or draft someone. Bring in top tier talent like Dansby so we can draft an OLB, or another need.
. Green

Thank you for saving me from having to type that. I'm not one to chase big money UFA's, but this guy is a must sign. God knows we've pissed away enough money on garbage like Gibril Wilson, I'm not gonna settle for some second-tier guy this time around. This guy is a stud, he's young, he plays a major need position, and you don't have to give up assets to get him. I'll be through the roof pissed if we don't pay this ****ing guy. This is the type of guy you pay. It 'aint my money, and there 'aint no cap, so I don't care.

Thank you for saving me from having to type that. I'm not one to chase big money UFA's, but this guy is a must sign. God knows we've pissed away enough money on garbage like Gibril Wilson, I'm not gonna settle for some second-tier guy this time around. This guy is a stud, he's young, he plays a major need position, and you don't have to give up assets to get him. I'll be through the roof pissed if we don't pay this ****ing guy. This is the type of guy you pay. It 'aint my money, and there 'aint no cap, so I don't care.

I agree for the last 2 free agency periods we have been going through the trash of the Raiders, Jaguars, etc. This hasn't panned out for us to say the least! We need to sign a impact guy like Dansby!

Tampering is really only an issue if the Cards want to press it. And they don't come across as the type of organization that would care one way or another.

Just a few things to consider, Calvin Pace came right to Miami when Free Agency started and it almost looked like a done deal, then he flew to NY and never left. Also its been said Miami see's his as an OLB, we know he can play ILB in the 3-4 but can he really play OLB in the 3-4 his stats don't show him to be much of a pass rushing type. Also I see this playing out to be a lot like he Pace thing, Dansby wants X amount of dollars, Parcelle's is not going to over pay so he might visit someone who else who does give him the money so my hopes are not getting too high just yet.

I hear you and I am trying not to let my hopes get to high either. It is hard not to though. Unlike Pace I believe Dansby truly wants to be a Miami Dolphin over any other team out there that wants him right now. Just seems like the perfect fit for him and us. I REALLY hope this is the case and that both parties come to terms on an agreeable contract. If we are going to spend big money on any position/player this free agency I would rather it be on Dansby than say the FS or receiver options out there right now. I want a killer safety and receiver too, but for big money I think Dansby is the best fit with this team and least risk/best chance to get our moneys worth.

Can you guys stop merging EVERYTHING that comes in. If something is related, but still different in terms of its news-worthyness let stay as is.

I find the multiple discussion threads related to the same subject/player more annoying than the merged threads.

OLB could be the draft plan in MIA

5:01PM ET
Miami Dolphins

Top Email

Blessed with supreme athleticism that was on display in the BCS Championship and otherwise this past season, Texas LB Sergio Kindle is the type of talent that many teams covet on the defensive side of the ball. Draft analyst Mike Mayock predicted that the Miami Dolphins would take him if he fell to them in the first round in April. But there's a catch, as noted by Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald.
Salguero thinks the Dolphins might think twice about Kindle due to his off-field character concerns (Salguero details two of Kindle's big incidents in his column), and opines that Miami might not be a great city in which such a player should make a home in the NFL.
Update: With the rumor from Thursday that Karlos Dansby was on a plane headed to Miami -- with a Dolphins signing thought to be imminent -- this might clarify Miami's plans for their first overall pick.
As for Kindle's potential on the field, Steve Muench of Scouts, Inc. sees him as a definite first-rounder:

insider2_64x36-1.jpg
Scouts, Inc. Draft Blog

A little undersized, but quick
"He's also quick around the corner and has better closing speed than [Brandon] Graham on film, so don't be surprised to see him post a quicker 10-yard split and faster overall 40-yard dash time. We anticipate Kindle to also do fairly well on the bench press, so he should leave Indianapolis firmly entrenched in the first round. However, he isn't as stout against the run as Graham at this point and will need to add some weight to his frame. He is expected to weigh in at around 240 pounds and that's undersized for a base 3-4 outside linebacker."

Dansby on his way to Miami?

4:46PM ET
Karlos Dansby | Cardinals | Interested: Bears?, Colts?, Redskins?, Chargers?, Chiefs?, Dolphins?, Giants?, Patriots?

Top Email

With word last week from NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Arizona Cardinals won't be placing the franchise tag on Karlos Dansby, the linebacker becomes one of the top free agents on the market this offseason. Dansby took to Sirius NFL Radio recently and listed the Chargers, Dolphins, Giants and Redskins as options, and we've speculated that the Pats and Chiefs might also be interested.
Brian Biggane of the Palm Beach Post lists the Bears as a new player in the Dansby market -- possibly because GM Jerry Angelo has been given the green light to start spending -- although that seems like a bit of a stretch, given that the LB corps is a relative strength for the Bears.
On Thursday afternoon, Brad Biggs of National Football Post had word that Dansby was on a plane headed to Miami. The timing could be coincidental, but the Dolphins were considered one of the front-runners to land him.
But if he doesn't sign a deal with Miami, the next option could be Big Blue. As for the Giants, Dansby could help fill a glaring need in Perry Fewell's defense:

williamson_matt_30-1.jpg
Matt Williamson

MLB upgrade necessary
"Having a new coordinator could yield immediate results, but Fewell's scheme is based a great deal on speed and range. With that in mind, New York needs to find one linebacker with elite playmaking abilities, maybe Rolando McClain in the draft or Karlos Dansby in free agency."​

i hope so but i know how this goes...we get excited and he goes to NYJ or NE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom