Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread

5-11 200
wr /returns , davone bess
trust me this kid is for real,
as rod serling says "imagine if you will"
ricky williams leg strength
wes welkers get open ability
and great hands and chris chambers spectactular catch ability.
we got ourselves a steal of a deal!!!!!!!!
seeing is believing
feast your eyes:bugeye:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTnzk7kNpR0
parcells you are the man ,u know your stuff

This vid looks more like a Colt Brennan highlite reel than a Bess one,the ball is well on its way before Bess is even there.....The Redskins got a hell of a QB!

wow this topic is just retarded...

if this guy is SUUUUUUUUUUCH A GREAT PLAYER...why the hell did he not get drafted?

damn he looks slow as **** in those highlights

edit: LMFAO...after looking him up....he ran a 4.7 40...and hes only 5'9

what a prospect we have on our hands... :lol::lol::lol:

i know size and speed doesnt mean everything, but when your that slow/short...yes it does

hopefully he can be a good possesion reciever or somthing, if not i dont see him making the team. Maybe he can be like...a new breed of WR...instead of using his speed to score/break tackles....he will use strength or somthing..

i dunno, doubt he makes the team

yeah he is slow. hes even shown being chased down by what appear to be LB's in some clips that ive seen. he has good hands and he has quick juke moves...but he lacks speed and hes not that big. i really dont get what people are soo excited about?? the guy has a good shot at making the team...but thats just because our WRs suck really bad. our 4th best WR is Greg Camarillo for God's sake!

this guy is nothing special.

The main thing I saw in all of that is the kid is a competitor. Working hard to get open. Working hard to make the catch. Working hard to get the extra yardage. Working hard to block down field. That's something you can't teach. I think this kid has a chance to stick and contribute this year.

It's not nit picking! 32 teams passed on him for 7 rounds for a reason.

Not a very good argument. Tony Romo wasn't drafted either. Tom Brady, 6th round. Terrell Davis, 6th round. Zach Thomas, 5th round. Every year some late rounders and some free agents make NFL teams and contribute.

Not a very good argument. Tony Romo wasn't drafted either. Tom Brady, 6th round. Terrell Davis, 6th round. Zach Thomas, 5th round. Every year some late rounders and some free agents make NFL teams and contribute.

Ya, and every year, hundreds and thousands of players who did not get drafted, end up working at Macys or Shop Right.

Ya, and every year, hundreds and thousands of players who did not get drafted, end up working at Macys or Shop Right.

Yeah and what's your point? I didn't say every late round pick makes it. Heck there are plenty of first round picks that don't make it.

I know all of us fans are expert NFL talent evaluators but I think Bill Parcells has proven himself to be just a little better than we are. So if he signed the kid then I think he has a legitimate shot at making the team.

wes welkers 40 time was 4.60

Bess is 4.69

Not a big difference. Bess will be a good 2-3 receiver. he'll be a starter.

good signing.....this guy was extremely productive....great hands....looks like a shorter Orande Gadsden or slower OJ McDuffie. I'll gladly take a poor man's Orande or OJ.

5-11 200
wr /returns , davone bess
trust me this kid is for real,
as rod serling says "imagine if you will"
ricky williams leg strength
wes welkers get open ability
and great hands and chris chambers spectactular catch ability.
we got ourselves a steal of a deal!!!!!!!!
seeing is believing
feast your eyes:bugeye:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTnzk7kNpR0
parcells you are the man ,u know your stuff

I didn't see Ricky Williams leg strength, but he does have nice hands.

from the video i can see a lot of times that this kid bailed brennan out of a couple a bad throws. he constantly had to change rout of let up in order to secure the catch, so please do not attribute his success to such a "good" qb

he ran 4.69 on bit of a twisted ankle "so they say He did roll his ankle a bit catching EVERY PaSS at combine , im not kidding he didnt drop a pass.
but is wes welker a tedd ginn olmypic track star is tj a track star NO and both of them lead the nfl in receptions,
kids a gamer, hey oj mcduffie was slow but all he did was get first downs as well as tds

That's true. And Wes Welker isn't fast either. I believe Welker ran in the 4.6's at the combine in '04 as well.

anyone find any pictures of davone bess at rookie camp in a dolphins uniform?

DOLPHIN TIDBITS: Bess, Jayson Foster, Marcel Reece, Selwyn Lymon and Justin Wynn were the targets for Henne and lefty Willie Copeland. A stiff wind blowing from the north forced the wideouts to have to make some difficult adjustments to the ball, and Bess and Foster seemed to have an easier time doing so than the others . . . Delaware's Mike Byrne (6-5, 303) lined up at center with the starting unit . . . There were two kickers in uniform, Montana's Dan Carpenter and Radamez Rubio Gaytan, who was invited to workout. Former Michigan kicker Jay Feely will of course top the depth chart when regular training camp opens in July.

Back
Top Bottom