Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread

i actually followed colt brennan past 2 years all of a sudden i found myself more interested in watching bess. he amazed me , once more i cant believe he runs a 4.6,,,,,i am tellin ya he turns it up a notch when the lights go on. hes got get open quickness and moves that cant be clocked on a stopwatch. and he will hang it out there at all costs to make the catch.hats off big tuna you found the needle in the hay stack on this one. "He is simply Da-Bess"

Q: Why didn't you draft any wide receivers?

GM Jeff Ireland A: "It just didn't turn out that the receivers were there for us when it came time to pick. We feel real good about the receivers on our roster now. We made some moves

DOLPHINS SIGNEES
WR DAVONE BESS
– Played three years at Hawaii (2005-07) and started all 39 games in which he played during that time ... Totaled 293 receptions for 3,610 yards and 41 touchdowns ... Also returned 23 punts for an 11.2-yard average in his career ... Reception total is a school and Western Athletic Conference record ... Also owns the Hawaii and conference record for career games with a touchdown reception (29), while his 41 receiving scores is a school standard ... Is the only player in school history to post three 1,000-yard receiving seasons ... Totaled 19 100-yard receiving games in his career ... Was a first-team All-WAC selection all three years ... As a junior in 2007, caught 108 passes for 1,266 yards and 12 TDs when he was a third-team All-America selection by the Associated Press ... Ranked fifth in Football Bowl Subdivision in receptions and seventh in receiving yards ... Set a Hawaii single-game record for receptions with 15 against Boise State, when he also amassed a career-high 181 receiving yards ... hauled in 96 passes for 1,220 yards and 15 scores as a sophomore ... Registered 89 receptions for 1,124 yards and 14 TDs in 2005 when he was the WAC Freshman of the Year ... Equaled an NCAA freshman mark with his 14 touchdown receptions ... Left school with one year of eligibility still remaining ... Attended Skyline High School in Oakland, Calif.

we didnt waste a pick in him so I dont care if he does no good
but honestly my cousin who goes for the falcons loves this guy he wont get off his balls when i told him that we signed him as a free agent he wanted to kill me
the guy has very reliable hands but is not a blazzer
I am not going to say he is going to help us out alot and become a great wideout but i would not be suprised if he caught a couple balls and scored a touchdown or two the guy can play is he the next big thing i dont think so but you never know the kid could suprise me

if we run a scheme similiar to what NE does with Welker I think Bess could do well but we are a running team first

5-11 200
wr /returns , davone bess
trust me this kid is for real,
as rod serling says "imagine if you will"
ricky williams leg strength
wes welkers get open ability
and great hands and chris chambers spectactular catch ability.
we got ourselves a steal of a deal!!!!!!!!
seeing is believing
feast your eyes:bugeye:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTnzk7kNpR0
parcells you are the man ,u know your stuff
I bet he and Jayson Foster were the reasons we traded Booker for a 4th. BP and Captain Stiffy always have a plan. I dont think however they expected to get both. Davone Bess is gonna be exciting!

my one worry about foster is NOT his talent , its foster sizze !
foster is 5-7 173 pounds!

good lord... some of you act like 2 or 3 inches is going to get him cut..... where do most passes to slot recievers go to?... the CHEST.... thas the target.... even if its a route where the pass is above his head... i think he has a pretty good jumping ability to make up for a mere 2 or 3 inches... come on quit nitpicking

It's not nit picking! 32 teams passed on him for 7 rounds for a reason.

The thing I take most from the video is the fact he catches the ball with his hands. It's rather refreshing to see that actually. It seems to have become a trend for WRs to catch the ball in thier stomachs and trap it with thier hands. The fact that this guy averaged about 97 catches and 1200+ yards per season to me is outstanding. The whole "He's a product of the system" is a bit BS to me for WRs. If he's in a pass heavy offense and he puts up those types of numbers tells me he has something, and good hands.

Line him up at slot in training camp and see what he can do. At worst he pushes stone hands Hagan to step up to his potentail

Back
Top Bottom