Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Davone Bess Thread

Who is the UDFA Miami Hurricane WR, not Leggett (i think he went to Buffalo), there was another guy and he was actually pretty good until he banged up his leg. I really liked him but can't think of his name to save my life! any help?

i am not sure what everyone is so fired up about on that video. I only really saw 2 good plays, the one handed catch and the fierce block. The rest were pedestrian plays that a lot of us could make and we don't play in the NFL. He is open a lot though so he may just be the greatest slot receiver that ever lived, but I am going to go with inferior competition. In the end though he is a Dolphin so I got his back.

i am not sure what everyone is so fired up about on that video. I only really saw 2 good plays, the one handed catch and the fierce block. The rest were pedestrian plays that a lot of us could make and we don't play in the NFL. He is open a lot though so he may just be the greatest slot receiver that ever lived, but I am going to go with inferior competition. In the end though he is a Dolphin so I got his back.

I do agree, every free agent signing has been said to be a good pickup but after a 1-15 season, we're all looking for hope.

good lord... some of you act like 2 or 3 inches is going to get him cut..... where do most passes to slot recievers go to?... the CHEST.... thas the target.... even if its a route where the pass is above his head... i think he has a pretty good jumping ability to make up for a mere 2 or 3 inches... come on quit nitpicking

incase you didnt know... in order to make those "pedestrian" catches... you have to beat the coverage and get open.... apparently he is pretty good at running routes and getting open and then finishes it off with a "pedestrian" catch..... dont knock him because you only saw the catches and not his abilitly to get open.

ok Roman are we blaming Hawaii too? Just a question I do respect your opinion...if he was from OSU...no if he was from the U.....or maybe even somewhere smaller like Michigan State...he would have played??? or in this circumstance drafted?

actually he almost was from an OSU.... he had a scholarship to Oregon State until the whole stolen stuff in his car incident....

Did you write Ricky Williams leg strength?
I was wondering the same thing.

There is no way he is 5'11. He looks to be a shifty runner with some pretty good hands. The block he made in the film looked good. If he can catch the ball enough he would be a good slot/third down guy.

Bess is one of those guys that is always open and your not sure why? He just gets open and is hard to catch when he has the ball. I am glad he is gone from hawaii with the other two recievers Gricemullens and that other guy.(Boise State fan) Bess is imo shifty and sneaky. Look at his times and you think he is slow but the guy is football fast. Great with run after the catch. Look for him to add to special teams and make this team. We also really have some unproven talent at reciever that if not careful under parcells could be without a job. It is going to be a fun year to watch this team rebuild. Not many victories but at least some spark that signals the team is getting better.

The abitlity to make people miss has nothing to do with speed, quickness or any measurables. its football smarts or any other sports you play for that matter. The greatest base stealers in baseball we're not the fastest or quickest guy on the field, Dan Marino was slow, real slow but could avoid the rush by sliding the right way.

Not sayin the guy will be a probowler, or that he will fail, he seems to be a gamer and the only way to know if he can game it in the NFL is when he's gonna strap those shoulderpads and line up against NFL players...

The kid is a beast, I hope he ends up returning kicks.

On a side note the Hawaii (especially the all black) uni's are the best in college football IMO.

he gets open and he'll catch the ball....could be the slot guy we need...time will tell.

Ozzy rules!!

I like Bess and I think he can contribute. In an effort to try and see as much Colt Brennan as I could I saw alot of Bess. He has a shot at making the team as we need bodies. I hope we sign at least 1 other WR. I know what Wilford can do but I am not sure about Ginn or Hagan. Hagan has to prove his value or he is gone.

Back
Top Bottom