[MERGED] What does Zack's release mean to JT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] What does Zack's release mean to JT

It means JT no longer has his underachiever-in-arms to back him when he wants to stage another revolt against the coaching staff.

Joey Porter and Keith Traylor were a much bigger part of the team uprising. You know that.

Joey Porter and Keith Traylor were a much bigger part of the team uprising. You know that.

JP and Traylor were following the "lead", which ended with Porter's tirade right before the Cinci game. JT thought his DMVP award gave him the right to rip the Green signing, and Green himself, which was followed by Holliday ripping the Ginn pick, which lead to ZT confronting Mueller because there was a rumor flying around that Mueller thought ZT's skills were diminishing which, apparently, our new regime agrees with.

"Leadership" indeed...

I hate to say it but i think JT is packing his bags and calling his agent to get him traded asap. Let's face it the dolphins are rebuilding....

My best guess is Taylor will be traded now that Zack is gone. Can the Dolphins afford to keep him knowing that he won't be in the Dolphins future? Will he want out more now...than before?

It's meaningless. Zach was to count for over 5 million to our cap, and there is a great risk that he'll not play 16 games ever again. It's sad, but it's hard to justify keeping him at that rate.

If JT also leaves, I think the Dolphins would have to take Chris Long, DE, Virginia with the first overall pick....JT and Long's salaries would pretty much be a wash. I think if this is the case then we should try to call around and see if we can get a nice pick for JT....I don't think we could get a first for JT but I think we could definitely get a 2nd. It's time to reload guys. We can go from a very old team to a young team, and if we can stockpile picks we can rebuild quickly. :woot:

If JT also leaves, I think the Dolphins would have to take Chris Long, DE, Virginia with the first overall pick....JT and Long's salaries would pretty much be a wash. I think if this is the case then we should try to call around and see if we can get a nice pick for JT....I don't think we could get a first for JT but I think we could definitely get a 2nd. It's time to reload guys. We can go from a very old team to a young team, and if we can stockpile picks we can rebuild quickly. :woot:

I could see a late first round pick...to a early second rounder.

:up: Agreed , but I think we draft Long either way, with or w/out JT, and hopefully get atleast a 2nd for him in trade.

I THINK IT MEANS TRADE.

I don't see where JT fits in, in a parcells 3-4 defense
he is not big enough to play DE in a 3-4 defesne and he will look to finest his way around blocks and you can't do that in a true 3-4 defense you have to set the edge.
I think he becomes a very average OLB in the system as well.
I'm not sure he is worth the money to be average.

I say trade the guy to a team that needs a great 4-3 DE and let the guy get into the playoffs and end his career on a good note.

Parcells is not the Head Coach or the Defenisive Coord. So it is not Parcells's 3-4. The COACHES have already stated that they are undecided about running a 3-4 or 4-3. When will not more after ***ency and the Draft.

Parcells is not the Head Coach or the Defenisive Coord. So it is not Parcells's 3-4. The COACHES have already stated that they are undecided about running a 3-4 or 4-3. When will not more after ***ency and the Draft.

Not Parcells decision....really?

I think we'll be big players in the Briggs or Dansby bidding war. If and only if we get one of them will we let JT go through a trade. If that happens you can write off Chris Long. Chris Long becomes a serious option only if we trade JT and are unsuccessful in getting Briggs or Dansby

Back
Top Bottom