Merged x a bunch "Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in football" | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x a bunch "Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in football"

Does Ross ditch Ireland or weather the storm?

• Ross will weather the storm and keep for the draft and beyond

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • Ireland will be a goner before the draft.

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Ireland on thin ice, if the dolphins are bad this year hell be gone next year.

Votes: 57 62.6%

• Total voters
And hold up is that Daunte Culpepper in your avatar?

There is a stroke of Dolphins upper management genius for you. We wouldn't even be in this situation had we not dropped a 2nd rounder AND 10 million a year for this gimp while missing out on one of the best QB's of our era.

Dolphins have seen worse days . . . trust me. :lol: then the same front office passes on Aaron Rodgers the year before. And then the front office prior to that passed on Brees for the first time.

You should no better being a fan for 40 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
he is not the worst gm in football, he is the worst gm in all of sports right now
Yep. What more do you ireland supporters/marshall bashers need to see. Let me not speak too soon

Armando Hits the nail on the head with Ireland and our FO :

Read and relate, or learn something

" The Dolphins have wasted both draft picks and money on players who didn’t solve their problems. And with the problems persisting, the team invested more picks and money on players in the same positions to again address the same issues that were supposedly already solved.
Flynn, for example, is supposed to fill the need Chad Henne didn’t. And Pat White didn’t. And Chad Pennington, Daunte Culpepper, and about a dozen other guys didn’t.
Everyone knows this about the QB position. But what few people recognize is that Miami’s constant search to fill the quarterback position is symptomatic of a roster-wide problem.
Last week, for example, the Dolphins’ newest free agency acquisition was defensive back Richard Marshall, who signed a three-year, $15 million deal and will, pick one, compete for a starting cornerback job, compete for a starting free safety job, or fill the need as the slot or third cornerback on passing downs.
“They know I can play a multiple positions in the secondary and we’re going to figure that out in training camp and OTAs,” Marshall said of his apparently undefined role.
But whatever his role, the Dolphins already tried to address it with other players the past three or four years.
Free safeties? Miami tried Reshad Jones last year. Chris Clemons was the guy two years ago. Gibril Wilson was the answer before that. And Chris Cook and Renaldo Hill started the year before. The Dolphins have tried five starters at the position and out of the 6 or 7 billion people on Earth, the number who believe the problem is actually solved is zero.
If Marshall is headed to the nickel corner spot, he’ll travel a well-worn road pioneered by Nate Jones in 2008. The Dolphins then signed Eric Green from Arizona in 2009 to handle the job. They traded for Benny Sapp in 2010 so he could be the short-term solution to the problem. And they drafted Nolan Carroll, hoping he could be the long-term solution.
Jones was allowed to walk in free agency, Green was a free agency bust and Sapp was cut last year. Carroll, bright and fast, also failed to do the job when he was given the chance last year.
So Marshall would be the fifth attempt to solve the same problem.
Up and down the roster, the Dolphins need to go through player after player to land one worth keeping.
The club made Vernon Carey the richest right tackle in the game in 2009 and he didn’t play like it. Last year, Carey was replaced by free agent Marc Colombo. This year, the Dolphins are still searching for Colombo’s replacement.
Samson Satele was the answer at center in 2008, Jake Grove was the answer in 2009 and Joe Berger was the answer in 2010. I believe the club has finally found an answer in Mike Pouncey but that doesn’t change the fact he was the fourth player the Dolphins had to invest in before getting it right.
The Dolphins today are searching for a pass-rusher. They hosted Mark Anderson, who has played for three teams in seven seasons. Anderson did nice work for the New England Patriots last season, collecting 10 sacks.
But the only reason the Dolphins need him is because Koa Misi has been a disappointment, and Jason Taylor and Joey Porter weren’t long-term answers. When is this team going to address the issue with a player that, you know, is productive for more than a year or two?
The frustrating thing is that while the Dolphins address the same problem over and over, other problems spring up. Players age or contracts expire or injuries happen.
Soon — perhaps not this year, but soon — the Dolphins will have more decisions to make and business to conduct at strong safety, wide receiver, outside linebacker and perhaps at running back.
That’s fine because that’s the natural progression of things. Those things can be addressed — but only as long as the players acquired to fill the blanks finally do precisely that."

The problems are bigger that Ireland.

It's the decade long decline in prestige and history of medicrity, due to the turnstiles in gm and coaching / all the failed tenures and questionable decisions - not exactly option A for any blue chip.

I'm sure Jeff is thinking he has to change the culture of this franchise, one player and one coach at a time- a fool's task on one hand, a hero's task on another.

I think Ross will give Jeff a grace period of this year (perhaps next year as well), and access how he does with Sparano and Parcells in the rear view mirror.

The Dolphins are now the Florida Panthers of the past decade...Their brought in a kick ass GM from the Blackhawks last year and now are playing awesome hockey...

We are stuck with a moron running the show.

If Ross and Ireland are Laurel and Hardy...you must be one of the Keystone Kops.

These 2 clowns are turning this once proud franchise into the biggest laughing stock in the NFL. I have been a fan since 1970, and I can honestly say i am truly embarrassed to be a fan. I don't think these 2 guys could get laid in a whore house if they went in with a million dollars. Let's take a look..couldn't land Harbaugh, couldn't land Fisher, Couldn't land Manning, Couldn't land Flynn (who was Philbin's guy). Now we are going after Alex Smith...WOW!!!!!!!!! Dolphin's legacy is getting more & more tarnished!!!!!!!!

Provide proof that the Dolphins wanted Flynn and he turned them down otherwise you're showing you shouldn't be starting threads on this site.

What do you guys seriously think is going through Jeffs mind as one fa after another turns us down? Does he realize it's because of him? Does Ross even care?. Just wondering what there realistic thought process is... All joking aside..

You guys are so clueless with this relentless Ireland bashing

Why did the Fins pivot to Flynn this week FIRST? Why didn't they go for Smith or Garrard or commit to Moore?

Keep kidding yourselves that Ireland and more importantly Ross know what to do.

Jeffry Douchbad Ireland it's what's for Dinner

He doesn't have the organizations back. First he has pimped himself to be in Ross's ear.

2. He causes problems with each HC that we have add.
3. He's adding no value to help them build there especially with one of their own.
4. He keeps letting his ego get in the way of the Franchise.
Hey JEFF

you Fing Idiot.. There is no I IN TEAM !!!!

Armando doesn't have any answers, all he's doing is asking more questions. He doesn't know what is going on any more than we at FH do.

Is Ireland the skinny guy or the heavy one????

51846_o-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom