Merged X3: The Official Julius Peppers Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X3: The Official Julius Peppers Thread

No thanks,...we need help at more then ONE defensive position....I woud rather spread the money around. Peppers isn't even a top ten player and he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

It's a bidding war the Jets can't win....with no new CBA the Jets will not be allowed to sign a FA unless they lose one of equal or greater value.

Won't happen IMO because he will cost a Ton of money to sign. I really do think Wake is going to be a sack machine for Miami and I'm sure they'll sign or draft some other guys at OLB.

Exactly. I do not see the point signing Wake's MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE clone. I mean, Peppers has never played OLB. So he can/will be just as much a project moving him to OLB as Wake has been.

And at least, Wake has a year under his belt. I'd keep Wake at ROLB and draft a SOLB to compete with Merling.

i would like to see the Patriots getting into a bidding war for Peppers. that would increase the odds for Wilfork to hit the market.

Wilfork would have been franchise tagged by then already. Wishful thinking. The Patriots have shown to be willing to franchise a player and still go out and bid for a player like a Peppers. We got Wake, we be aight.

Wilfork would have been franchise tagged by then already. Wishful thinking. The Patriots have shown to be willing to franchise a player and still go out and bid for a player like a Peppers. We got Wake, we be aight.

yeah, probably. Seymour cleared up quite a bit.

Come on guys lets not get carried away claiming Wake is better then Peppers. Seriously if I was trying to give you a Ferrari, would you turn it down because you are happy with your Volvo? I like Wake, but he is a project there is a reason why he ended up in the CFL. He is great at getting up the field after the QB, but needs lots of work in all other aspects of his game. Anyone remember the Jets punter breaking his ankles in the first game?

Peppers is not 30 he just turn 29 on Jan 18, just so you know Wake turned 28 on Jan 28. I ask you this is Wake's game within 1 yr of Peppers? Doubtful! Peppers is a 5 time Probowler, 2 time First team All-Pro. Wake had 5.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 23 tackles this year his rookie year in 14 games. Peppers rookie year he had 12 sacks, 1 int, 5 forced fumbles, and 29 tackles in 12 games. This year Peppers had 10.5 sacks, 2 int, and 5 forced fumbles playing with a broken hand and made the Probowl.

Peppers isn't old he is not slow and his game is light years ahead of Wakes. Seeing how Wake is 1 year younger it is highly unlikely he will ever get his game anywhere near the level of Peppers.

Like I said "I like Wake" but if he weren't a Dolphin would we be talking about him? Serious I wouldn't get all hyped up about a 5.5 sack OLB on another 7-9 team. I am just trying to keep it real here! I think we have much bigger needs, but if the Dolphins sign Peppers. Well that is a HUGE upgrade over anyone on our current roster chasing around the QB!!!

Come on guys lets not get carried away claiming Wake is better then Peppers. Seriously if I was trying to give you a Ferrari, would you turn it down because you are happy with your Volvo? I like Wake, but he is a project there is a reason why he ended up in the CFL. He is great at getting up the field after the QB, but needs lots of work in all other aspects of his game. Anyone remember the Jets punter breaking his ankles in the first game?

Peppers is not 30 he just turn 29 on Jan 18, just so you know Wake turned 28 on Jan 28. I ask you this is Wake's game within 1 yr of Peppers? Doubtful! Peppers is a 5 time Probowler, 2 time First team All-Pro. Wake had 5.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 23 tackles this year his rookie year in 14 games. Peppers rookie year he had 12 sacks, 1 int, 5 forced fumbles, and 29 tackles in 12 games. This year Peppers had 10.5 sacks, 2 int, and 5 forced fumbles playing with a broken hand and made the Probowl.

Peppers isn't old he is not slow and his game is light years ahead of Wakes. Seeing how Wake is 1 year younger it is highly unlikely he will ever get his game anywhere near the level of Peppers.

Like I said "I like Wake" but if he weren't a Dolphin would we be talking about him? Serious I wouldn't get all hyped up about a 5.5 sack OLB on another 7-9 team. I am just trying to keep it real here! I think we have much bigger needs, but if the Dolphins sign Peppers. Well that is a HUGE upgrade over anyone on our current roster chasing around the QB!!!

You can't compare wakes first year to peppers first year. Wake only had 187 snaps...and was a backup...

finding myself bored again, reading headlines on yahoosports and reading about the pats suppposed interest in julius peppers I was curious how we all would see the peppers vs. jake long game playing out.

call me a homer, but I find myslef not overly worried. long has proven he can hang with the big boys of the RDE world in the nfl. with the exception of the atlanta game last year, where he was owned a few times, I thought he performed admirably.

There's something to be said for being at ease finally with how your offensive line is shaping up. Especially as far as LT is concerned.

Any body worried in the slightest, if peppers lands with the hated pats.

Well they played against each other this year. How did he do?

Edit: I see he had 1 tackle and a Forced Fumble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they played against each other this year. How did he do?

he did fine. that was a once in while situation. I was more curious how you think he might fare against him twice a year. as a partriot. with a bill belicheck gameplan in place.

I think it could have the potential to be a bit different, when it's not just a chance deal that he ended up playing him because it was the afc easts turn to play the nfc south.

Back
Top Bottom