Merged X3: The Official Julius Peppers Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X3: The Official Julius Peppers Thread

Honestly I'm no longer worried about these pass rushers. Of course great players are going to make plays, but Jake Long has proven to be the LT we all assumed he would be. After seeing how well he did vs that gauntlet of pass rushers ast year (Freeney, Mathis, Peppers, Vilma, Abraham, Mario Williams, James Harrison, Merriman, etc..)l...I say bring on who ever you got...My $$$ is on Jake!!!

Honestly I'm no longer worried about these pass rushers. Of course great players are going to make plays, but Jake Long has proven to be the LT we all assumed he would be. After seeing how well he did vs that gauntlet of pass rushers ast year (Freeney, Mathis, Peppers, Vilma, Abraham, Mario Williams, James Harrison, Merriman, etc..)l...I say bring on who ever you got...My $$$ is on Jake!!!
Me either i honestly don't care where he goes.

Well they played against each other this year. How did he do?

Edit: I see he had 1 tackle and a Forced Fumble.

and the forced fumble came from the strong side, he didn't beat long to get it.

I don't think it's a "IF" he winds up there. More like "WHEN"

This is highly beneficial to Miami actually. If they lock Peppers into a contract and re-sign Wilfork this will lock up a huge amount of money and actually increase the age of the defense instead of making it younger plus it makes it harder to re-sing any youth that might develop due to cap implications (assuming there will be one again at some point).

I don’t know about you all but anything that ties up money and makes the Pats older is A OK BY ME! :up:

peppers is a 43 guy has never played a 34 so he wouldnt be a perfect fit for the patsys unless they a wiling to convert himto OLB which at age 30 is probably not going to be a good transition there for being a waste of money for them so i say go for it patsys sign him up not gona affect us lol

I am less worried about the battle between him and Long and more worried about the fact that Peppers is very talented and would now be on the Patriots. That would make them a better team and I don't like to see that.

They will have to pay boat loads of money to get him. If they ran a 4-3 I'd be scared, but I'm not too scared of them paying that much money to convert a 30 year old DE to an OLB.

yawn peppers doesn't scare anyone anymore.
yea because those 25 sacks, 10 forced fumbles, and 2 INTs one going to a TD the last 2 years just happened on accident. yes he is 30 years old and will be a OLB in the 3-4 which he hasnt played before but the guy is a freak of an athlete.

yea because those 25 sacks, 10 forced fumbles, and 2 INTs one going to a TD the last 2 years just happened on accident. yes he is 30 years old and will be a OLB in the 3-4 which he hasnt played before but the guy is a freak of an athlete.

kind of my sentiments as well. I think he is a beast. I think he will accell under a bill belicheck more than he already has.

that being said, I'll take jake long against any one on any down, and I think more often than not, henne will be upright.

I just found it ironic, that a year ago, or two years ago, whenever it was, I remeber reading we had interest in him, and here we are talking about him maybe going to the divisional rival.

kind of my sentiments as well. I think he is a beast. I think he will accell under a bill belicheck more than he already has.

that being said, I'll take jake long against any one on any down, and I think more often than not, henne will be upright.

I just found it ironic, that a year ago, or two years ago, whenever it was, I remeber reading we had interest in him, and here we are talking about him maybe going to the divisional rival.
im not saying that Jake Long cant take Him but i am just saying that we should be affraid if he goes to the pats he is a hell of a player and at OLB you got to diffrent sides depending on if you are the SOLB or the WOLB but he wont just go against long if he is in the 3-4 he will also go against carey and i am not sure carey is good enough to able to beat Peppers

im not saying that Jake Long cant take Him but i am just saying that we should be affraid if he goes to the pats he is a hell of a player and at OLB you got to diffrent sides depending on if you are the SOLB or the WOLB but he wont just go against long if he is in the 3-4 he will also go against carey and i am not sure carey is good enough to able to beat Peppers

very true. carey, IMO had a very down year. kind of how I see his entire career. up and down. moving him around as much as we did couldn't have helped. but he is making good money, and needs to play a bit better next year.

I definately agree that peppers doesn't just turn 30 and all of a sudden suck. some guys get away with playing at a high level into there 30's. I would venture a guess that peppers may very well be one of those guys.

seeing him twice a year is something to make a note of. no matter what side of the ball he is coming off of.

for the most part peppers really only gets good numbers when against teams with bad o-lines, 6 of his 10.5 sacks in 09 came from teams like tampa, washington and buffalo...and the whole entering 30's and transitioning to an outside linebacker may hurt and didnt this guy get like 2 sacks a couple years back when he played for most of the year? not worried

Back
Top Bottom