Merged X3: The Official Julius Peppers Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X3: The Official Julius Peppers Thread

$ 20 mil a yr thats why......not worth it

He's not getting 20mil, period.

He'll get paid closer to 10mil, maybe even less. He may see 20mil in guarentees but not an average salary. I like the idea of bringing him in, he can absolutely dominate games and would flourish under M.Nolan. His big down side is the fact that he can disappear aswell, but really what players are equally effective for 16 games.

I highly doubt it happens but it sure would be interesting.

I'm a little hesitant to pay a guy that's gonna be 30 to play a position he has never played the kind of money he is going to command. He may be a dominant pass rusher, but we have no idea how he is gonna be against the run and in pass coverage as a linebacker. We already have an over paid over 30 Pass Rusher that can't play the run or cover anyone in Joey Porter.

Because, if Peppers comes in and just absolutely sucks, everyone will hate the FO for spending so much money on 30 year old who has never played 3-4 OLB.

With that being said, I don't get how it's possible that we wouldn't do everything in our power to get this guy on our team. If we try and lose to someone else I would still rather try. I understand there's a price tag, but there is no better player we will get on defense this offseason, that includes the draft.

Because we have no IDEA how we will do in the 3-4 at OLB.

I think we've got enough potential and present at WOLB between Wake, Anderson, And JT (Assuming he's resigned. We need an SOLB to take JT's place so he can platoon in for Wake. We dont' have the luxury of waiting on Wake to develop. We need to find out what we've got right NOW pretty much.

Not to mention he may well be the highest paid player in the NFL when it's all said and done, in a bad economy, playing in a city that can't even fill it's own stadium.

Some times when I am on this site I can not get Katt Williams bit on "haters" out of my head. http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=ZxxPLDZnqwA&feature=related

How could it possibly be bad to bring in Peppers? He is a game changeing DE. I am not even sure if there are 5 other DEs in the entire NFL that have the ability to change a game like Peppers has. He averages 10 sacks, almost 4 forced fumbles, 5 pass deflects at the line, and an INT, per season. He is a more physical Jason Taylor in his prime. Since his rookie season he has only missed two games. If we could somehow sign this man there would be no down side. With Nolan as his coach I would bet he would have a revival in Miami, and probably do what Porter did last season, and lead the NFL in sacks. Not to mention every team we play has to game plan for him. If you do not double him he will single handedly win the game. With JT and Wake rushing from the other side he would help them combine for at least 15 sacks. This is a no brainer and anyone on this forum who does not think he is worth signing you need to go to the DR because you have a brain damage.

All we have to do is cut Porter and Jason Allen and we would have the money to throw at him. If we bring in Peppers and either Dansby or Rolle this defense would be 300% better than last year.

I wanted him last year but after reading some articles about him I will pass. The local beat writers in Carolina are saying that he disappears for huge stretches, sometimes games at a time. Then all of a sudden will have 1 game where he will have 3 Sacks, a Forced Fumble and an INT and then dissappears again. They also say that the reason the Carolina isn't signing him long term is because they fear that once he has his money his motivation will be gone and hence his production will be gone. I say forget him. I do not want to pay a 30 year old buckoo bucks and have him quit. Would rather spend my money elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom