Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread

porter, cobbs, and a 6th round pick for boldin and a 4th round pick? fair trade off for both teams and miami would greatly gain from it.
Not a fair trade at all... and that wouldn't happen. Cobbs is one of Sparano's favorite players. a 6th? It'll take a 3rd or 4th probably.

I must say if an organiation is willing to spend(waste) a 2nd pick on Pat White, then I cant have a problam with them sending a 3rd or 4th rnd pick for a proven commodity.

Although I can understand your reasoning, you can't compare this transaction to perhaps the biggest blunder in the Dolphins history.

Not a fair trade at all... and that wouldn't happen. Cobbs is one of Sparano's favorite players. a 6th? It'll take a 3rd or 4th probably.

hmm well whatever gets the deal done, their obviously gonna ask for alot. would love to make this trade as easy as possible if it can be done. i've heard rumors on miami making a serious pull for austin miles, does this statement have any credibility?

In theory it SHOULD help. Some pressure taken off his should that he has to be the man to get open. What Boldin can't help him with (unless he is a good player instructor and leader to Ginn) is toughness and the ability to go after the ball with authority when challenged by a defender. If he can help Ginn leading by example with catching in practice then great. Ginn's main problems won't be helped by the presence of just one more receiver. He may get open more but from what we have seen they may not be enough if he doesn't catch the ball. Or, when he does high tail to the sideline at the first opportune moment.

I agree that Ginn has alot of problems as a Wr such as heading for the sidelines and actually catching the ball more... but I dont understand how you can say that the presence of a older, mature, pro bowl receiver such as Boldin won't help Ginn in almost every area. I think that by being with Boldin an entire offseason, Ginn will learn alot just from watching him and hopefully picking his brains like Vontae and Sean did with Will Allen. Toughness and the ability to go after the ball with authority are not easy things to learn if you don't already have it... but when you are playing next to and being mentored by the definition of a tough receiver who goes after the ball with authority day in and day out... its kind of hard not to get better in those areas. Its not like its some gift that you are only born with... its just something that you have to want badly enough... and I feel like Boldin will help Ginn mature into that receiver. I mean think about it... who has Ginn had to push him to be better? I think Boldin will be that person.

Also, I have seen flashes from Ginn to show that he can be a tough receiver and someone who wants to go get the ball. I think we have all seen flashes from him to show what his potential is... I know one highlight against the Jets last year I believe where Pennington underthrew him by a mile... it was pick city... and Ginn leaped back in between the two defenders to make the catch. But one point that most people have is that he doesn't show his skills consistently... and thats what is mainly holding him back.

But im willing to bet that a guy like Anquan Boldin is the perfect missing piece of the Ted Ginn puzzle, if you will, to make him take that next step in his career.

hmm well whatever gets the deal done, their obviously gonna ask for alot. would love to make this trade as easy as possible if it can be done. i've heard rumors on miami making a serious pull for austin miles, does this statement have any credibility?
His name is Miles Austin lol. :lol:

At this point, I'd say trading for Miles Austin is out of the question. The cowboys would ask for a 1st round pick and then some. Parcells and Ireland will not be willing to give up a second IMO, let alone a first.

I agree that Ginn has alot of problems as a Wr such as heading for the sidelines and actually catching the ball more... but I dont understand how you can say that the presence of a older, mature, pro bowl receiver such as Boldin won't help Ginn in almost every area. I think that by being with Boldin an entire offseason, Ginn will learn alot just from watching him and hopefully picking his brains like Vontae and Sean did with Will Allen. Toughness and the ability to go after the ball with authority are not easy things to learn if you don't already have it... but when you are playing next to and being mentored by the definition of a tough receiver who goes after the ball with authority day in and day out... its kind of hard not to get better in those areas. Its not like its some gift that you are only born with... its just something that you have to want badly enough... and I feel like Boldin will help Ginn mature into that receiver. I mean think about it... who has Ginn had to push him to be better? I think Boldin will be that person.

Also, I have seen flashes from Ginn to show that he can be a tough receiver and someone who wants to go get the ball. I think we have all seen flashes from him to show what his potential is... I know one highlight against the Jets last year I believe where Pennington underthrew him by a mile... it was pick city... and Ginn leaped back in between the two defenders to make the catch. But one point that most people have is that he doesn't show his skills consistently... and thats what is mainly holding him back.

But im willing to bet that a guy like Anquan Boldin is the perfect missing piece of the Ted Ginn puzzle, if you will, to make him take that next step in his career.

100% agree on everything stated above :up: even without boldin as a mentor ginn still has plenty of potentional that hasn't surfaced yet.

His name is Miles Austin lol. :lol:

At this point, I'd say trading for Miles Austin is out of the question. The cowboys would ask for a 1st round pick and then some. Parcells and Ireland will not be willing to give up a second IMO, let alone a first.

:bobdole: thank you for catching that hysterically awful typo haha. and miles austin has a lower salary than quan boldin, and is more of a parcells type player, not to mention "if" the cowboys keep him and he wants a pay raise (obviously he will) then can there salary keep him? is he worth getting rid of other good players to keep him around? like i said this is just something i had heard and think it to be nothing more than a rumor, just was interested in what you guys thought, or had heard anything, thank you for your opinion.

:bobdole: thank you for catching that hysterically awful typo haha. and miles austin has a lower salary than quan boldin, and is more of a parcells type player, not to mention "if" the cowboys keep him and he wants a pay raise (obviously he will) then can there salary keep him? is he worth getting rid of other good players to keep him around? like i said this is just something i had heard and think it to be nothing more than a rumor, just was interested in what you guys thought, or had heard anything, thank you for your opinion.
Well, that's what we tend to do around here... Exchange opinions.:lol:

and also, that quarterback on the right side of your sig is awful. I'd replace him with Chad Henne asap.:up:

and also, that quarterback on the right side of your sig is awful. I'd replace him with Chad Henne asap.:up:

jon beck? awful? hahaha yes i know. it's a picture comparing marino's and beck's release, which look almost identical, which is strange as marino has the quickest release of anyone to ever live and beck could only fumnle far enough to be considered a forward pass lol. just thought i'd give you guys a nice laugh! :lol:

jon beck? awful? hahaha yes i know. it's a picture comparing marino's and beck's release, which look almost identical, which is strange as marino has the quickest release of anyone to ever live and beck could only fumnle far enough to be considered a forward pass lol. just thought i'd give you guys a nice laugh! :lol:
Oh, thank god it was a joke. I thought you were the second coming of JohnBeckHOF. Before long you'll know good and well who he is, trust me.

The Cowboys will 100% keep Austin because Roy Williams played like a dog's *** last year. Out of the question.

of course that's just like, my opinion, man.

Jay Feidler?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom