Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread

Um, Will Allen is not better then Roders Cromartie. It's questionable whether Allen is better then McFadden. They don't need a recovering Will Allen.

ALLEN coming off of an injury most definitely IS better than CROMARTIE and anyone else AZ has. AZ's secondary is dick, from top to bottom. Against anyone good, it's a "shootout", and AZ'd be lucky to win ANY of those kind of games this coming season, now that KURT WARNER's gone and LEINERT's their apparent-starting QB.

This makes me wonder. Can we "sign and trade" PENNY to AZ even-up for BOLDIN?

Honestly you can't compare a 31 year old CB to an elite 23 yd old CB. Rogers-Cromartie wins easily but Will Allen is still an asset and a guy I would be honored to play nickel back.

I agree that Ginn has alot of problems as a Wr such as heading for the sidelines and actually catching the ball more... but I dont understand how you can say that the presence of a older, mature, pro bowl receiver such as Boldin won't help Ginn in almost every area. I think that by being with Boldin an entire offseason, Ginn will learn alot just from watching him and hopefully picking his brains like Vontae and Sean did with Will Allen. Toughness and the ability to go after the ball with authority are not easy things to learn if you don't already have it... but when you are playing next to and being mentored by the definition of a tough receiver who goes after the ball with authority day in and day out... its kind of hard not to get better in those areas. Its not like its some gift that you are only born with... its just something that you have to want badly enough... and I feel like Boldin will help Ginn mature into that receiver. I mean think about it... who has Ginn had to push him to be better? I think Boldin will be that person.

Also, I have seen flashes from Ginn to show that he can be a tough receiver and someone who wants to go get the ball. I think we have all seen flashes from him to show what his potential is... I know one highlight against the Jets last year I believe where Pennington underthrew him by a mile... it was pick city... and Ginn leaped back in between the two defenders to make the catch. But one point that most people have is that he doesn't show his skills consistently... and thats what is mainly holding him back.

But im willing to bet that a guy like Anquan Boldin is the perfect missing piece of the Ted Ginn puzzle, if you will, to make him take that next step in his career.

First and foremost good retort. You presented points eloquently eventhough we disagree on the original point. Good football talk regardless what we believe!

If Boldin can provide some leadership and Ginn and Ginn is willing to watch and listen I am all for it. What the point I am getting across is that it is an IF and no guarantee that Ginn will GET IT. Granted we don't have an established receiver with the abilities of Boldin (although we have some more than decent possession receivers) I have not seen the development of Ginn to the point where it should be. Nice play you pointed out. But we can both agree he does not get the job done enough.

Boldin alone will not get Ginn open. Ginn has to run the routes the way he suppose to be in addition to his raw speed. Ginn is still going to have to challenge for balls thrown CONSISTENTLY. Boldin is not going to be able to get inside of Ginn's head and give him confidence and toughness if Ginn does not have it within him. No matter if he said 'hey bud if I was you I would do yada yada' as a mentor, teammate, associate, or act like an older friend trying to help. Can Ginn learn something from Boldin? Sure he can. But there are some intangibles that Ginn is going to have to find out for himself. You can only provide kid gloves and hand-hold, so to speak, for so long before the guy either does or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
While looking for something confirming this whole thread (no luck) ...I came across this from last offseason...

http://www.ktar.com/?sid=1158346&nid=229

How do the cards go from asking for a 1st rd/3rd rd pick to now just a 3rd? I think were all in fantasy land...even if boldins nearing the end of his contract and hes injury prone. I just dont see him getting let go for anything less than a 2nd. ATLEAST a 2nd. Hell...even we got rid of Chambers for a 2nd.

While looking for something confirming this whole thread (no luck) ...I came across this from last offseason...

http://www.ktar.com/?sid=1158346&nid=229

How do the cards go from asking for a 1st rd/3rd rd pick to now just a 3rd? I think were all in fantasy land...even if boldins nearing the end of his contract and hes injury prone. I just dont see him getting let go for anything less than a 2nd. ATLEAST a 2nd. Hell...even we got rid of Chambers for a 2nd.
Because he had yet another injury shortened season combined with Breaston getting even better makes him fairly expendable.

If he gets traded the team that he goes to will most certainly give him a new contract.

They'll certainly offer him a new contract before his present one expires but whether Boldin would sign it is doubtful - he would make more money going to free agency. He is going to be after huge money for his next (and likely final) contract

The trade only gets you a year of Boldin and that's why giving up anything higher than a mid round pick would be poor value

jon beck? awful? hahaha yes i know. it's a picture comparing marino's and beck's release, which look almost identical, which is strange as marino has the quickest release of anyone to ever live and beck could only fumnle far enough to be considered a forward pass lol. just thought i'd give you guys a nice laugh! :lol:

Dude, you DO realize that's Jay Fiedler in that pic, right? Time to brush up on your history, buddy. :lol:

The problem with giving up picks is there are to many holes that need fixing on the defensive side of the ball. Start with the LB Corps. Wake will replace Porter but JT needs to be replaced as well. As much as everyone complains that Porter's lack of production, JT's production was lower yet he gets a pass. Why? Because he is a legend in S. Fla. Reality is that JT needs to be replaced. I forsee at least one pick being used here. ILB is a priority and I wouldn't be surprised if they sign one via free agency and draft one. They have to find a free safety. We can't go through another season ranked #1 in giving up big plays. Can't. Not if we want to compete. Clemens is not the answer there. He's a SS. NT is huge. We don't even know if Fergie will be back. Soliai is not the answer. He is a back up.

Bryant is not comparable to Boldin but he doesn't cost us anything and is better then any receiver we have. Rounds 1-3 you can count on impact players something that is sorely needed on the defensive side. The offense performed alright last season. Needs a playmaker but not at the cost of plugging holes on a terrible defense.

I would love to have Boldin, but for nothing more then a 4th and a player.

That's the problem, you can't count on anything in the draft. Especially a 3rd round pick. We know what we are getting from Boldin.

I know most of yall absolutely hate Ted Ginn... but lets be real... we would be dumb not to have him on the other side of Boldin... Ginn is one of the fastest WR's in the game and can stretch the field as well as anyone... Im not sitting here trying to defend Ginn because I know he's not that great of of a wr, but if we get Boldin, watch out. Ginn will do nothing but improve from the day he walks in. Keep in mind, Ginn has never had anywhere close to a legitimate receiver to guide him or teach him anything. One of the knocks on Ginn is his lack of physicality.... what would help him more than to bring in one of the most physical receivers in the game to teach him how to really play wr.

I really dont understand how some people cant be atleast a little optimistic with Boldin doin what he does, Ginn stretching the field (and defense), bess/ hartline doin work underneath.... and with our running game????? You thought Mark Sanchez benefited from play action... wait until Henne gets his shot...

Case in point.... Boldin coming to Miami would be a HUGE HUGE HUGE benefit to every single person on that offense... especially Ted Ginn

Sorry, but you just can't teach physicality (sp?). You either have that edge or you don't.

As for Ginn's other big knock? He can't get off the line if he's jammed and the acceleration really isn't there. If he is untouched and the QB has 3+ seconds to throw the ball (on that play he is running this perfect go route), then nobody can keep up with him, but this isn't the way defense is played. When a player's deficiencies are pointed out, they are exploited. Every CB in the league knows that if you bump Ginn a bit, he will struggle to finish his route or get to the spot he needs to.

I just don't really see how Ginn will improve on these facets of the game that you either just have, or don't have.

Notice I didn't even bring up Ginn's ability to go through stretch's of the dropsies. That's a mental issue that remains to be seen if he can fix it.

fiedler and beck were both number 9 and had similar facemask, i've always been lead to believe it was beck, but it may very well be fiedler, i never had anything against fiedler. is boldin's contract up? or does he still have a contract with arizona? how would an uncapped year effect this trade? restricted free agent i presume?

That is Fiedler, not Beck.

ALLEN coming off of an injury most definitely IS better than CROMARTIE and anyone else AZ has. AZ's secondary is dick, from top to bottom. Against anyone good, it's a "shootout", and AZ'd be lucky to win ANY of those kind of games this coming season, now that KURT WARNER's gone and LEINERT's their apparent-starting QB.

This makes me wonder. Can we "sign and trade" PENNY to AZ even-up for BOLDIN?

Wow. I think your homerism is taking over a bit. So you are saying Arizona's secondary will be exploited b/c Kurt Warner won't be there anymore. Sorry, I don't just look at Wins and Losses, I look at how each position played and Arizona's secondary was pretty good this year and last year. Cromartie had a better year last year, but it's pretty obvious how much better he is then Allen. McFadden is close, but I would rather have McFadden over Allen coming off a season ending injury.

Back
Top Bottom