Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread

you got a shot at a true #1 wr in dez bryant in this draft and most of you guys would rather take a lower rated defensive player cause defense is the bigger need...

color me :bobdole:

And what would make you think Bryant has a better chance at succeeding in the NFL then McClain?

McClain's weakness is he is not explosive, Bryant's is he is not the fastest WR out there at 4.55.

Also Bryant being suspended is a red-light, a small one for the reason he was suspended, but still more then you can say about McClain, who has been a model citizen, and is the most instinctive I-LB to come out in a very long time.

Personally I like both players, and would be happy going either direction. Getting Boldin, then getting McClain would help us a lot...again, we failed last year much more due to lack of defense then Offense, and that can not be argued with.

While looking for something confirming this whole thread (no luck) ...I came across this from last offseason...

http://www.ktar.com/?sid=1158346&nid=229

How do the cards go from asking for a 1st rd/3rd rd pick to now just a 3rd? I think were all in fantasy land...even if boldins nearing the end of his contract and hes injury prone. I just dont see him getting let go for anything less than a 2nd. ATLEAST a 2nd. Hell...even we got rid of Chambers for a 2nd.

because value goes down as years go on. throw in another injury.... and there you go.

the Cardinals offered Boldin for a 2nd last year and couldn't find a partner, I can't see them getting it this year

the Cardinals offered Boldin for a 2nd last year and couldn't find a partner, I can't see them getting it this year

They did? Omg we took Pat White over Boldin? Can you imagine the difference he would have made on this team last year? Uggghhh.

Well, with Porter out of the equation, where do we go from here? This is exactly why I think all of this is just a big rumor, with no real true information. Supposedly it was Porter and a 3rd. Well clearly the Dolphins didn't think so, so they released him.

I was actually beginning to believe it might be true. My guess is, it's all just smoke and mirrors. Nothing is actually going to happen. We have no real trade bait now, and it's going to take more than 1 pick, which is why this leads me to believe were not in fact going to trade for Anquan Boldin.

It's gonna be Antonio Bryant.

With the Dolphins releasing Porter I don't know how probably this trade is with only a 3rd round pick however I'm all for acquiring Anquan Boldin seeing as he would be an upgrade over any of our receivers and make an immediate impact IMO.

With the Dolphins releasing Porter I don't know how probably this trade is with only a 3rd round pick however I'm all for acquiring Anquan Boldin seeing as he would be an upgrade over any of our receivers and make an immediate impact IMO.
My only guess is it'll cost 2 or more picks now, because I don't see who we could possibly trade to Arizona with a pick now. Like I said previously, I have my doubts that this will happen at all now.

I agree I think it'll take more than just a third rounder. The Joey Porter release could mean that either Arizona wasn't interested in the baggage or the Dolphins regime has moved on from Anquan Boldin.

I completely agree he is not a number 1 receiver even on this team.
So Ginn/Hartline/Camarillo/Bess would be a more legitimate number one receiver than Anquan Boldin?

True number ones are hard to come by, the fact of the matter is Anquan would be a solid upgrade/reinforcement to our receiving corps.

So Ginn/Hartline/Camarillo/Bess would be a more legitimate number one receiver than Anquan Boldin?

True number ones are hard to come by, the fact of the matter is Anquan would be a solid upgrade/reinforcement to our receiving corps.
He's talking about Antonio Bryant man.

That was referring to Antonio Bryant not Boldin. Boldin would definitely be a number 1 on this team.

Oh woops my bad, I thought you were talking about Anquan...in that case I agree :up:

Back
Top Bottom