Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread

Jay Feidler?

fiedler and beck were both number 9 and had similar facemask, i've always been lead to believe it was beck, but it may very well be fiedler, i never had anything against fiedler. is boldin's contract up? or does he still have a contract with arizona? how would an uncapped year effect this trade? restricted free agent i presume?

Oh, thank god it was a joke. I thought you were the second coming of JohnBeckHOF. Before long you'll know good and well who he is, trust me.

lol i'd take beck anyday over cleo lemon, so long as there isn't anyone preaching cleo should be in the HOF or cam cameron should return i'll be fine :lol:

I agree that Ginn has alot of problems as a Wr such as heading for the sidelines and actually catching the ball more... but I dont understand how you can say that the presence of a older, mature, pro bowl receiver such as Boldin won't help Ginn in almost every area. I think that by being with Boldin an entire offseason, Ginn will learn alot just from watching him and hopefully picking his brains like Vontae and Sean did with Will Allen. Toughness and the ability to go after the ball with authority are not easy things to learn if you don't already have it... but when you are playing next to and being mentored by the definition of a tough receiver who goes after the ball with authority day in and day out... its kind of hard not to get better in those areas. Its not like its some gift that you are only born with... its just something that you have to want badly enough... and I feel like Boldin will help Ginn mature into that receiver. I mean think about it... who has Ginn had to push him to be better? I think Boldin will be that person.

Also, I have seen flashes from Ginn to show that he can be a tough receiver and someone who wants to go get the ball. I think we have all seen flashes from him to show what his potential is... I know one highlight against the Jets last year I believe where Pennington underthrew him by a mile... it was pick city... and Ginn leaped back in between the two defenders to make the catch. But one point that most people have is that he doesn't show his skills consistently... and thats what is mainly holding him back.

But im willing to bet that a guy like Anquan Boldin is the perfect missing piece of the Ted Ginn puzzle, if you will, to make him take that next step in his career.
Only if Boldin knows how to perform a sex change operation.

fiedler and beck were both number 9 and had similar facemask, i've always been lead to believe it was beck, but it may very well be fiedler, i never had anything against fiedler. is boldin's contract up? or does he still have a contract with arizona? how would an uncapped year effect this trade? restricted free agent i presume?
That is Fiedler. Beck had a different facemask.
See attachment.
clear.gif
clear.gif

Attachments

• john-beck-200x230.jpg
    john-beck-200x230.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 14
Also he is still under Boldin is still under contract with Arizona, so a capped or un capped year doesn't effect it at all.

Also he is still under Boldin is still under contract with Arizona, so a capped or un capped year doesn't effect it at all.

is his contract with arizona long term? would that contract be carried over to miami or would miami make another deal with him all together

is his contract with arizona long term? would that contract be carried over to miami or would miami make another deal with him all together

Im not sure the specifics of his contract. I think it may only be one more year. I know he hasn't gotten a new contract in awhile which is why he wants out of Arizona. I believe he would definitely sign a new contract with us if traded.

Boldin is entering the last year of his contract. If he is traded to Miami his current contract is carried over. So he would be ours for a year unless we sign him to another contract.

Boldin is entering the last year of his contract. If he is traded to Miami his current contract is carried over. So he would be ours for a year unless we sign him to another contract.
I have a hunch we would either a) work out a new deal OR b) give the contract a 3 or 4 year extension.

Although I can understand your reasoning, you can't compare this transaction to perhaps the biggest blunder in the Dolphins history.

Ted

I think we are on the same thought, but I wasnt comparing the two moves as much as pointing out the fact that on one hand this FO claims draft picks(high ones in particular) are to be used to build the nucleous of the team, yet on the other hand they spend a #2 on a "project" at best with Pat White at a pos. that Im sorry he is never going to be a starter in the NFL.

Thus I have no issues trading away a 3rd or 4th rnd pick on a vet that fills an immediate need for the team.

If he gets traded the team that he goes to will most certainly give him a new contract.

Im not sure the specifics of his contract. I think it may only be one more year. I know he hasn't gotten a new contract in awhile which is why he wants out of Arizona. I believe he would definitely sign a new contract with us if traded.

whew that's reassuring. the sheer thought of this actually happening gets me all giddy :hump:

Boldin's contract last up until the upcoming 2010 season and is worth $22.75 million dollars, if miami is to give him a new contract there going to have to pay up.

Back
Top Bottom