merged2x:Leigh Steinberg on Dan Patrick radio/Ricky will be in Camp!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged2x:Leigh Steinberg on Dan Patrick radio/Ricky will be in Camp!!

I want just come back and add a few things that I neglected to include originally because i was trying to hurry to post the thread and get the news out to everyone. Steinberg said that Rickys weight right now is around 200 and that every year he would enter training camp around 20-25 pounds underweight anyway. He said that he has always been able to hit the weights and put on the pounds during training camp to get to his desired playing weight. So he seemed to believe that it was well within Rickys ability to get back to 225-230 by the start of the season. He said the weight issue is a non factor in his mind.

inFINSible said:
I think it has more to do with the fact that that is the excuse that more Dolfans will fall for.

That's the only one where Ricky and his fans get to blame somebody besides Ricky for Ricky's problems.

You Know..........This is probably one of the best posts ever. I don't usually agree with a lot of what you say man, but you did more than just hit the nail right on the head with this one!!!!

SCall13 said:
It isn't as hard as you think. And he has plenty of time.

Putting the weight on is not too difficult, but putting muscle mass back on is not that simple. Aside from that, he'll need more than just TC to back into "playing" shape...after not taking hits for a year, not working out (football workouts) for a year...it's just not that simple to replace what he has lost..I cannot think of ANY other player who is trying a comeback like RW is...If it were an injury rehab, although the hitting stops, the rehabs include the needed exercises to maintain the muscle mass...I'd think that he will be very susceptible to injury during this time period as well...

wow, i cant believe what i'm reading. he's not the prodical son, he's a burnout and a quitter. his return has less to do with saban and more to do with $8.5 million.

i cannot believe how accepting some of you are of this guy.

Yeah Super Mark Bros Got A Point I Beleive He Coming Back Cuz He Needs The Money, But Then Again Who Wouldnt Want That Type Of Money, Either Way The Dolphins Come Out Winning With Him There Than Not, (look At Last Year) This Team Is Looking Really Good And With All This Negative Talk About The Team Only Adds Fuel To The Fire.. Im Not A Counselor (sorry For The Spelling) So Im Not Here To Say Whats Right And Wrong, Saban Is The Boss And If He Want Ricky Then He Will Have Ricky Who Is Anyone To Change That... Welcome Back Ricky....we All Make Mistakes....

vaphinfan13 said:
Steinberg said that he is almost positive that Ricky is not smoking marijuana anymore because the schools he attended forbid it.

Last time I looked, the NFL forbid's this as well. Yet he still smoked away. Agents and hypocracy go hand in hand.

inFINSible said:
I think it has more to do with the fact that that is the excuse that more Dolfans will fall for.

That's the only one where Ricky and his fans get to blame somebody besides Ricky for Ricky's problems.
Well if thats the best way for the team to cope with it, then they can blame Jesus for all I care.

IceStorm said:
Last time I looked, the NFL forbid's this as well. Yet he still smoked away. Agents and hypocracy go hand in hand.
He has a personal connection to the hollistic schools. He doesn't have any attachment to the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom