MERGEDX3: Former Dolphin Daunte Culpepper Retires | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX3: Former Dolphin Daunte Culpepper Retires

Umm, I never thought Culpepper was the right guy for this team. I didn't think he was going to be a good fit and I saw him a bit overrated.

With that said, I don't hold any grudges with the guy. It isn't his fault he wasn't able to get healthy, and it's not his fault he got a tri-ligament tear on his knee. Most of what made him successful was his mobility, and that was a devastating injury he took as a Viking against the Panthers.

He fell on some bad luck, but now I wish him well and good luck in his future. Take care Culpepper.

Very logical post. I just find it funny that people are mad that Beck only had 4 games to prove himself and Culpepper only got 4 coming off a major injury but he is garbage. Culpepper was better last year than many qb's that got paid more money than him this season. Big deal Culpepper did not like how Miami tryed to do him last year, it happens all the time. I find it amazing that some people love a scumbag like Joey Porter but hate Culpepper just because he tryed to look out for himself. What people dont realize is that he makes little sense for Culpepper to play for the minimum, for that he might as well retire. Believe me I dont think Culpepper should make alot of money but the minimum while Trent "washed up also " Green is making three million. Cleo Lemon is making 3 million and he has never played worth a damn.

Did you see the seven games before the injury in 2005. He was done before he blew out his knee.

Anyway the giant turd has been flushed down the NFL toilet!

Goodbye Daunte you hack. You won't be missed!

Daunte is an arrogant, egotistical, loudmouth assclown who proved as much with his antics at Miami last year. I have ZERO compassion for a jerkoff like him who got paid millions for playing a game and still whines and cries like the NFL and the rest of the world owes him something.

Good riddance.

Did you see the seven games before the injury in 2005. He was done before he blew out his knee.

:hi5:

Thankfully the other Vikings QB's since Culpepper have been so successful. Expect Brad Johnson who is "Mr. Game Manager of the NFL".

Less we not forget that in the 7 games Culpepper played that season he lost his all-pro center Matt Birk who is widely regarded as the best in the game. Not to mention his favorite target and Hall of Fame wideout Randy Moss. His completion % was still almost 65.

The problem with Culpepper was that he took way too many sacks, and held onto the ball too long even when he was having his better seasons. I think he was a very good QB in this league for a time. Especially when he was playing for coaches who actually had an idea how to run an offense (Billick-Green).

Very logical post. I just find it funny that people are mad that Beck only had 4 games to prove himself and Culpepper only got 4 coming off a major injury but he is garbage. Culpepper was better last year than many qb's that got paid more money than him this season. Big deal Culpepper did not like how Miami tryed to do him last year, it happens all the time. I find it amazing that some people love a scumbag like Joey Porter but hate Culpepper just because he tryed to look out for himself. What people dont realize is that he makes little sense for Culpepper to play for the minimum, for that he might as well retire. Believe me I dont think Culpepper should make alot of money but the minimum while Trent "washed up also " Green is making three million. Cleo Lemon is making 3 million and he has never played worth a damn.
I agree. I am a big Beck supporter, but I definitely thought that we screwed Daunte over. We seem to have done that a lot in the past. If a QB struggles in the slightest he sucks and needs to bee gone. As much as I love Marino, I definitely think we were spoiled by him.

I also thought that it was kind of cool in the article how he said that he would rather end his career than sit around hoping that someone else doing what they love to do gets hurt so he can get a job. I thought that was a very good way to go out.

I agree. I am a big Beck supporter, but I definitely thought that we screwed Daunte over. We seem to have done that a lot in the past. If a QB struggles in the slightest he sucks and needs to bee gone. As much as I love Marino, I definitely think we were spoiled by him.

I also thought that it was kind of cool in the article how he said that he would rather end his career than sit around hoping that someone else doing what they love to do gets hurt so he can get a job. I thought that was a very good way to go out.

some people on this board bash daunte for the sake of bashing him. They even go as far to act like he was never even a good qb which shows they really dont know football. Daunte could give a dying kid a kidney to save his life and someone would still bash him. Daunte has never spoken ill of the dolphins , he just did not let them just do him any kind of way. If the front office had used more common sense with dealing with him we would never had came to that situation. I love how we bash Cameron to death for every other thing but of course he handled the daunte situation right. He wasn't fired after only one season because he was a good coach. The way the whole Daunte situation was carried out had no logic and we showed no improvement at the qb spot so its not like it was a genius decison. Daunte as a starter in Oakland had three more wins than all of our qb's combined.

Daunte is old news in my book. This, IMO, is nothing more then cheap publicity stunt being perputrated by him to attempt to stir up attention and draw intrest from a leauge that no longer has any use for him at the price tag that he demands. I think he realizes he over valued himself and their is no market for him and now he is trying to stir things up in hopes of getting a new offer at a more reasonable salary. I think conduct and demeanor have shown him to have some chacter flaws that make teams hesitant to make him higher offers then he has recieved. If he humbles himself a bit and presents teams with the option of possibly getting a steal of a deal he might be able to find a team willing to take a chance on him. At this point in his career he really has yet to prove that he is a capable QB post injury. He has gotten play time since and really has done nothing very impressive. His best post accident game was probally the one against us and he did not produce like you would expect an allpro QB to, against arguably one of if not the worst defense in the leauge.

While it is true that I dont like Dauntee I dont think my assesment of his situation is unfair.

what was that pointing at his knee and giving the ok sign to rub it into our noses last season?

his knee hasn't been and never will be "ok" so the zero he was making with his fingers was actually his chances for a successful future in football.

wow, i wish the dolphins and ocho stinko had never crossed paths.

His knee is ok and it was w/ Miami 2 years ago and oakland last year. he was an overrated player in Minny where he had all those incredible weapons and he still couldn't win.

Teams gave him a chance. Pittsburgh offered him a contract, and i forget which other team, but he turned them both down because of the money. Guess it pays to be your own agent. Proves the ONLY reason he was playing was for the cash and not cause he loved the game.. scumbag

He turned down the Packers before the draft, thats why they then drafted Flynn and Brohm. Apparently he tought he could get better money somewhere else and a starting job.

Daunte Culpepper obivisouly is delusional

some people on this board bash daunte for the sake of bashing him. They even go as far to act like he was never even a good qb which shows they really dont know football. Daunte could give a dying kid a kidney to save his life and someone would still bash him. Daunte has never spoken ill of the dolphins , he just did not let them just do him any kind of way. If the front office had used more common sense with dealing with him we would never had came to that situation. I love how we bash Cameron to death for every other thing but of course he handled the daunte situation right. He wasn't fired after only one season because he was a good coach. The way the whole Daunte situation was carried out had no logic and we showed no improvement at the qb spot so its not like it was a genius decison. Daunte as a starter in Oakland had three more wins than all of our qb's combined.

Culpepper is getting everything he deserves. You do not turn down two good teams when you were released by the Raiders and have had huge injury problems over the last few seasons. Pure greed and delusion is why Culpepper is now retired. He taught he was too good to be just a backup and would'nt take a backup money. Instead of fighting for a starting role he just sulked and turned them down.

To then top it off he sends a pitiful email to Schefter announcing his retirement, like any one gives a ****. It was one last effort for people to feel sorry for him. The man is a joke.

The Daunte Culpepper Debacle is well behind us, in our rearview mirror, so we don't need to whine, fret and complain. However, to our Medical Staff that decided that Culpepper's knee was less risky than Bree's shoulder - YOU REALLY SCREWED THE POOCH ON THAT ONE!!!

His knee is ok and it was w/ Miami 2 years ago and oakland last year. he was an overrated player in Minny where he had all those incredible weapons and he still couldn't win.

i think the damage to his knee was the reason he could never return to form. i don't think his knee was ever right with the dolphins or the raiders, or now. at least not to the level where he could play with the mobility he displayed early on in minnesota.

but yes, even healthy he was an overrated player.

according to John Clayton as just announced on whatever they're now calling "Cold Pizza"

I predict this will be short lived.

This guy is an idiot. No one wants him not because he can't play, but because he doesn't have an agent. He's so stupid and shortsighted that he'd apparently rather have 100% of nothing than pay the agent a fee. That's the only reason he's out of work, no front office wants to deal with a player without an agent and Duante doesn't have a clue how to be an agent and that's why he's out of work. It's a shame, because he's clearly better than what they have in Baltimore.

This guy is an idiot. No one wants him not because he can't play, but because he doesn't have an agent. He's so stupid and shortsighted that he'd apparently rather have 100% of nothing than pay the agent a fee. That's the only reason he's out of work, no front office wants to deal with a player without an agent and Duante doesn't have a clue how to be an agent and that's why he's out of work. It's a shame, because he's clearly better than what they have in Baltimore.

Talent, or an immense lackthereof would be another reason.

Back
Top Bottom