MERGEDX3: Former Dolphin Daunte Culpepper Retires | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX3: Former Dolphin Daunte Culpepper Retires

Yea, someone pull up those classics I was involved in. I bashed Daunte as badly, if not worse than I do John Beck. There were tons of people suggesting we shouldve kept Daunte. Daunte blows. Some epics between Dlockz and I. I might have to go find the one where the majority of people that I was clueless to suggest he wouldnt be in the league this year. :lol:

Now if we can just get Beck out of the league, I could exercise some serious demons. :lol: :up: Would love to put both of them way back in the rear view mirror by not even having them in the league. The two worst QBs Ive ever seen start games for the phins.
You gonna make us shave our heads? :lol:

I wonder if his "publicist" RDD will post a statement for him in respect to Daunte's retirement. I also wonder if he will at least take that "Go Daunte" out of his sig.
And that dang 'retired' out of his username. What kind of....:unsure:..never mind.

culpepper retires

what do yall think about culpepper retiring? even though alot of dolphin fans dont like him, he is only 31 and i think he can still ball
what do yall think

He was good in Minnesota where they got him out of the pocket and allowed him to create plays, but when he was in the pocket and asked to read the defense, he was lost. It's probably best that he is retiring.

This day may have been long overdue....the day he blew out his knee, his career was over.

Did you see the seven games before the injury in 2005. He was done before he blew out his knee.

Anyway the giant turd has been flushed down the NFL toilet!

Goodbye Daunte you hack. You won't be missed!

Wow people still take every oppurtunity to hate on Daunte. We traded for him injured and we were all prepared to be without him at the beginning of the year. He worked his butt off said he was ready like most NFL Qb's would. I still feel they should have had better evaluation from thier doctors but of course our doctors were the worst in the league. Our line sucked and gave him no support and he was limping every game and he still was just as good as the guy we replaced him with the next year.

We hire a new coach that is such a genius that he basically replaces one injured qb with another older injured qb. The results were no better with Trent Green but of course nobody hates on Trent. My contention all along was that if you want to get rid of Culpepper thats fine but at least upgrade. Why move laterally and give up another pick. We made an investment in a player and gave up one year after, much like this FO has seemed to have done with Beck.

Daunte was bad here but no worse than Trent, or Joey. Culepper actually showed more last year with at least he could stay healthy a few games a year. I dont blame Daunte for retiring when people are paying Trent Green three times what they want to pay Daunte and Brock Berlin is outplaying Green.

The part that is jacked up is that Culpepper gets no credit for anything he has done. If Moss made Culpepper why did he not make Kerry Collins ann all pro. Culpepper still had a great year when Moss got injured and it takes a combo of good play by both for things to happen. In 2004 he threw 39 tds and 11 int and that was the season that Moss got injured. No Qb that sucks as bad as some here claim he does, has a season like that. His first year as a starter was one of the best of any QB ever in thier first year.

Lifetime qb rating 89 yea he really sucked for his career. 142 tds and 94 int. Im sure that John Beck will have a much better NFL career than Daunte's pitiful career.

Wow people still take every oppurtunity to hate on Daunte. We traded for him injured and we were all prepared to be without him at the beginning of the year. He worked his butt off said he was ready like most NFL Qb's would. I still feel they should have had better evaluation from thier doctors but of course our doctors were the worst in the league. Our line sucked and gave him no support and he was limping every game and he still was just as good as the guy we replaced him with the next year.

We hire a new coach that is such a genius that he basically replaces one injured qb with another older injured qb. The results were no better with Trent Green but of course nobody hates on Trent. My contention all along was that if you want to get rid of Culpepper thats fine but at least upgrade. Why move laterally and give up another pick. We made an investment in a player and gave up one year after, much like this FO has seemed to have done with Beck.

Daunte was bad here but no worse than Trent, or Joey. Culepper actually showed more last year with at least he could stay healthy a few games a year. I dont blame Daunte for retiring when people are paying Trent Green three times what they want to pay Daunte and Brock Berlin is outplaying Green.

The part that is jacked up is that Culpepper gets no credit for anything he has done. If Moss made Culpepper why did he not make Kerry Collins ann all pro. Culpepper still had a great year when Moss got injured and it takes a combo of good play by both for things to happen. In 2004 he threw 39 tds and 11 int and that was the season that Moss got injured. No Qb that sucks as bad as some here claim he does, has a season like that. His first year as a starter was one of the best of any QB ever in thier first year.

Lifetime qb rating 89 yea he really sucked for his career. 142 tds and 94 int. Im sure that John Beck will have a much better NFL career than Daunte's pitiful career.

I don't think the problem is his ability. It's his attitude. Instead of saying to himself that maybe he really isn't able to perform the way he used to, he wants to whine like a child..."nobody would give me a fair shot.." Cry me a river. You got injured. That's football. But you got pretty well rewarded for that risk over the years.

Umm, I never thought Culpepper was the right guy for this team. I didn't think he was going to be a good fit and I saw him a bit overrated.

With that said, I don't hold any grudges with the guy. It isn't his fault he wasn't able to get healthy, and it's not his fault he got a tri-ligament tear on his knee. Most of what made him successful was his mobility, and that was a devastating injury he took as a Viking against the Panthers.

He fell on some bad luck, but now I wish him well and good luck in his future. Take care Culpepper.

Back
Top Bottom