MERGEDX3: Former Dolphin Daunte Culpepper Retires | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX3: Former Dolphin Daunte Culpepper Retires

Well my point is that Daunte Culpepper was a very good Quarterback when he was HEALTHY in this league. I know he failed enormously in Miami but i think thats more of an attribute to inept scouting/front office decisions who really should have never picked up a guy with a serious injury like that. Culpepper was accurate, strong armed, could move, and had the size to bull over people (on the rare occassion he could hold onto the ball). But once he had that knee injury he was never the same player. I'm tired of the "MOSS MADE CULPEPPER" argument.

Note: See Oakland Raiders QB's with Randy Moss as target

Yeah well I'm tired of the Culpepper made Moss argument.. Culpepper had 3 good years (2000, 2003, and 2004) one of them being great (2004)... all of them with Moss.

Moss was no slouch his first year with the Raiders (1,000+ yards and 8 tds) and the other year he was injury plagued all year. Moss has done it with a different squad, Culpepper has not.

I already said that I like Daunte as a person... but as an agent he's horrible. His problem is he never understoond that he's just not the 40-TD quarterback from 2004, and he takes it personal when teams only want him brought in as a backup. He hasn't been effective in 3 years, yet he expects to be able to start somewhere. That is where an agent comes in... he would have been able to show Duante some realism as well as talk him up to the teams.

I heard he was inline to take Genne Upshaws postion!

I read somewhere that he is a Madden tournament winner or annual champion or something like that?

He's a malcontent...

Maybe he'll un-retire like Favre? :oldman: I knew I shouldn't have picked him and Shaun King as my FF QBs!

Teams gave him a chance. Pittsburgh offered him a contract, and i forget which other team, but he turned them both down because of the money. Guess it pays to be your own agent. Proves the ONLY reason he was playing was for the cash and not cause he loved the game.. scumbag

How many people work because they love their job and not for the cash?This is a business too.

I heard he was inline to take Genne Upshaws postion!

Well, the voices in his head kept calling him to set up an interview, at any rate.

Spoiled, selfish, megalomaniacal, immature, self-idolizing, paranoid, and overrated. I don't think I left anything out. It's true he had some very good seasons and one great one, and it's true that his injury wasn't his fault & he rehabbed very hard to come back from it, but it is also very true that you can systematically destroy your own legacy on the way out the door if you are a complete idiot. Where hasn't this pyromaniac burned a bridge?

Typical attempt to spin stupidity into nobility. He should have hired a publicist to write it for him.

I'm not gonna talk about having class and what not, and being a gracious non-winner....

But really? He can be an NFL QB, a back-up. That's still very impressive, he could have gone to Green Bay or some other teams with young starters and its likely he would have had his shot.

He has a chance to continue to be a part of a team and be ready to step in when the need arises. I just don't get it... Is it pride? If it is that makes no sense, the NFL has 32 teams, just being a back-up in one of those makes you an elite athlete.

I tell my younger cousins always that there's no sin in doing anything that's respectable. A janitor who gives a full day's work should be respected. This wasn't being a custodian, it was a chance to continue being an NFL QB, and he's throwing it away? For what? Because A team like NE won't step in and give him a chance over a proven starter? Because no one is rolling out the red carpet for him? He has a chance to go somewhere and prove himself... I just don't get this guy.

I'm not gonna talk about having class and what not, and being a gracious non-winner....

But really? He can be an NFL QB, a back-up. That's still very impressive, he could have gone to Green Bay or some other teams with young starters and its likely he would have had his shot.

He has a chance to continue to be a part of a team and be ready to step in when the need arises. I just don't get it... Is it pride? If it is that makes no sense, the NFL has 32 teams, just being a back-up in one of those makes you an elite athlete.

I tell my younger cousins always that there's no sin in doing anything that's respectable. A janitor who gives a full day's work should be respected. This wasn't being a custodian, it was a chance to continue being an NFL QB, and he's throwing it away? For what? Because A team like NE won't step in and give him a chance over a proven starter? Because no one is rolling out the red carpet for him? He has a chance to go somewhere and prove himself... I just don't get this guy.

I dont think anyone does. That goes for moving the chains because they said the same thing, that someone needs to get into this guys head and get him on some type of path... Me, i just think he's an a-hole

If anyone has time and would like excellent reading materila go back through the archives and find all the Daunte arguments I was involved w/ when you guys got him.

It's a shame his knee injury ruined what was a promising career.

Back
Top Bottom