***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread*** | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post.

Look, if you’re a Dolphin fan and you want to do some serious hand wringing & get yourself worked up for no good reason for the next 2 weeks, then be all means, be my guest. I’ve been a Dolphin fan for 4 decades, so I can definitely relate to that feeling of waiting for impending doom, but if you’re feeling nervous about Fangio, take a deep breath and remind yourself of these 3 things:

#1- Since Houston began interviewing for their HC job, Fangio has known there’s a real chance that Demeco Ryans ends up getting hired. This is simply not a scenario in which Fangio interviewed with the Dolphins and agreed to the framework of a deal only to find out afterwards that his old job might be opening up. Literally NOTHING has changed in the landscape of job openings across the NFL that would lead Fangio to waver on the handshake agreement he’s apparently made with Miami.

#2- If Miami had any reason at all to believe Fangio is not their next DC, we’d see the Dolphins engaging in more interviews. The Dolphins interviewed Fangio on Friday and it is late Monday night as I type this. That would mean that Miami has taken 3 full days off from their search for a DC, which just doesn’t make any sense at all if this team had any reason to believe that they were still in the market for a new DC.

and….

#3- While Fangio isn’t currently a DC, he still signed a contract with Philly to be a defensive consultant. Like any other contract in the NFL, it probably states that he is under contract with the Eagles until their season comes to an end. I have no doubt that Michael Silver has been in direct contact with Fangio and I also have no doubt that Fangio told him that he has yet to agree to terms with any team. It wouldn’t be smart of him to say any different, and quite frankly, I think it’s pretty shitty reporting on Silver’s part to not provide that context in his tweet. He got what he wanted though. Tons of traffic to his Twitter page and thousands of extra “clicks”.

Rest easy Dolphin fans. McDaniel has landed Fangio- which is beyond huge, and in due time it will become “official”. After McD’s hiring last year, I was beyond impressed with his ability to fill out a solid coaching staff and landing Fangio makes it that much more impressive. Miami’s D is gonna be on a whole new level next season.
Excellent post and you make some of the very same arguments that I’ve been telling people that are convinced he isn’t coming..

However, just to play the other side of the argument..

Based from what we know, Dolphins obviously interviewed him and there was mutual interest/verbal agreement..

But who is to say that after speaking with the Dolphins, maybe he started having second thoughts about the whole thing. He might’ve even told the dolphins that he needs more time to decide now. If that’s the case, both reports about us agreeing to a deal with him and then him saying he didn’t actually decide on anything could be true.

That’s the key part, he didn’t tell reporter that spoke to him that he hasn’t officially signed anywhere..he specifically said that didn’t decide on anything..to me, that sounds much different.

And now the whole 49ers thing. If they came to him since we made our offer and said we will match whatever the Dolphins are paying you 🤷‍♂️ I had no idea about this feud that Ross and their owner have been having. This could very well be a personal thing of them trying to swoop in and hire him.

My point is, as much as I’m trying to be optimistic and think that he’s still signing here, I just think possibility of him going somewhere else (49ers specifically) is not nearly as crazy as it seems.

And also the agent part about McDaniel and Fangio having the same agent.. at the end of the day, agents work for coaches/players. While it’s not a great look for business, if Fangio tells his agent - I’m having second thoughts, is his agent really going to make him sign here regardless?? That’s silly. They can advise but ultimately it’s up to Fangio where he wants to go. His agent just lays out options and offers.

Excellent post and you make some of the very same arguments that I’ve been telling people that are convinced he isn’t coming..

However, just to play the other side of the argument..

Based from what we know, Dolphins obviously interviewed him and there was mutual interest/verbal agreement..

But who is to say that after speaking with the Dolphins, maybe he started having second thoughts about the whole thing. He might’ve even told the dolphins that he needs more time to decide now. If that’s the case, both reports about us agreeing to a deal with him and then him saying he didn’t actually decide on anything could be true.

That’s the key part, he didn’t tell reporter that spoke to him that he hasn’t officially signed anywhere..he specifically said that didn’t decide on anything..to me, that sounds much different.

And now the whole 49ers thing. If they came to him since we made our offer and said we will match whatever the Dolphins are paying you 🤷‍♂️ I had no idea about this feud that Ross and their owner have been having. This could very well be a personal thing of them trying to swoop in and hire him.

My point is, as much as I’m trying to be optimistic and think that he’s still signing here, I just think possibility of him going somewhere else (49ers specifically) is not nearly as crazy as it seems.

And also the agent part about McDaniel and Fangio having the same agent.. at the end of the day, agents work for coaches/players. While it’s not a great look for business, if Fangio tells his agent - I’m having second thoughts, is his agent really going to make him sign here regardless?? That’s silly. They can advise but ultimately it’s up to Fangio where he wants to go. His agent just lays out options and offers.
With respect, that isn't what Fangio's personal history has shown. He is an old-school Italian from a generation which doesn't feel compelled to share every detail with the media.

Its much more realistic that he has a contract as consultant with the Eagles which has a non-compete clause, which forbids him from signing (with any other team) until their season concludes. He has agreed in principle and details with the Dolphins but cant sign the agreement with us until after the SB. The media reports that Fangio had finalized an agreement are likely technically correct, and viewers then take it to the next level that the contract is signed...blah blah blah.

When Fangio was asked directly, his response that it wasn't completed (nobody has the actual quote, to my knowledge.") is correct, but more because he is prohibited from signing and/or discussing it (if he also has a non-disclosure with the Eagles or Dolphins) .

Please note that because of the whole Brady/Peyton incident, our Dolphins are playing it very safe by being ultra sensitive about any disclosures.

My guess is he's breaking down film and helping them formulate a defensive game plan based on their opposition's tendencies. Just my guess... :shrug:
Don't forget he used to have to gameplan for Mahomes twice a year when he was with Denver, so Fangio has invaluable experience on trying to shut down Mahomes and the Chiefs.

I have it on good authority that the reason he hasn’t signed is because he’s still laughing at Baker’s tape from last year. He’ll sign as soon as he calms down.
Then they showed him Holland and X’s tape and the laughter turned to tears.

With respect, that isn't what Fangio's personal history has shown. He is an old-school Italian from a generation which doesn't feel compelled to share every detail with the media.
This is true......we like to keep things inside the family. My dad always told me since I was a kid not to share things with outsiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom