***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread*** | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finheaven is an amusement park of our own creation. The small % of the posters love to wreak havoc and create chaos much more nauseating than the biggest rollercoasters. :chuckle:Fortunately a few of us actually have business/contract experience at a high level and understand the complexities therein, rather than being "social media experts" because we did 10 minutes research on google.
Some days it certainly does feel like riding Tilt-a-Whirl around here!
1675137896021.jpeg

I find it curious they are not talking about any other candidates or scheduling second interviews with guys they’ve already talked to. It's almost like they already have someone. Which is a positive sign I guess.
I think guys are just getting frustrated, myself included because it hasn't been officially announced, but potentially for good reason. We were led to believe it was a done deal and were celebrating the good news, but now are preparing for another letdown after the release of the conflicting reports. What a rollercoaster ride...

Great post.

Look, if you’re a Dolphin fan and you want to do some serious hand wringing & get yourself worked up for no good reason for the next 2 weeks, then be all means, be my guest. I’ve been a Dolphin fan for 4 decades, so I can definitely relate to that feeling of waiting for impending doom, but if you’re feeling nervous about Fangio, take a deep breath and remind yourself of these 3 things:

#1- Since Houston began interviewing for their HC job, Fangio has known there’s a real chance that Demeco Ryans ends up getting hired. This is simply not a scenario in which Fangio interviewed with the Dolphins and agreed to the framework of a deal only to find out afterwards that his old job might be opening up. Literally NOTHING has changed in the landscape of job openings across the NFL that would lead Fangio to waver on the handshake agreement he’s apparently made with Miami.

#2- If Miami had any reason at all to believe Fangio is not their next DC, we’d see the Dolphins engaging in more interviews. The Dolphins interviewed Fangio on Friday and it is late Monday night as I type this. That would mean that Miami has taken 3 full days off from their search for a DC, which just doesn’t make any sense at all if this team had any reason to believe that they were still in the market for a new DC.

and….

#3- While Fangio isn’t currently a DC, he still signed a contract with Philly to be a defensive consultant. Like any other contract in the NFL, it probably states that he is under contract with the Eagles until their season comes to an end. I have no doubt that Michael Silver has been in direct contact with Fangio and I also have no doubt that Fangio told him that he has yet to agree to terms with any team. It wouldn’t be smart of him to say any different, and quite frankly, I think it’s pretty shitty reporting on Silver’s part to not provide that context in his tweet. He got what he wanted though. Tons of traffic to his Twitter page and thousands of extra “clicks”.

Rest easy Dolphin fans. McDaniel has landed Fangio- which is beyond huge, and in due time it will become “official”. After McD’s hiring last year, I was beyond impressed with his ability to fill out a solid coaching staff and landing Fangio makes it that much more impressive. Miami’s D is gonna be on a whole new level next season.

Doubtful. There’s nothing about Vic Fangio, a really old school coach, that leads me to believe he’s not a man of his word. How about this novel idea. He actually wants to come to Miami. Some of you Eeyores have been Miami fans for too long, but not as long as me. Lol
Fan starting Before that amazing first kickoff. Oh, the names for this preShula teams… Billy Joe, Wahoo McDaniel, Coach Wilson’s son. I agree with you totally that some of us older timers are a bit testy, and suspicious of anything resembling good news…. Always waiting for the shoe to drop. Thus I proudly wear my title “Curmudgeon” like a crown. 🖖

Great post.

Look, if you’re a Dolphin fan and you want to do some serious hand wringing & get yourself worked up for no good reason for the next 2 weeks, then be all means, be my guest. I’ve been a Dolphin fan for 4 decades, so I can definitely relate to that feeling of waiting for impending doom, but if you’re feeling nervous about Fangio, take a deep breath and remind yourself of these 3 things:

#1- Since Houston began interviewing for their HC job, Fangio has known there’s a real chance that Demeco Ryans ends up getting hired. This is simply not a scenario in which Fangio interviewed with the Dolphins and agreed to the framework of a deal only to find out afterwards that his old job might be opening up. Literally NOTHING has changed in the landscape of job openings across the NFL that would lead Fangio to waver on the handshake agreement he’s apparently made with Miami.

#2- If Miami had any reason at all to believe Fangio is not their next DC, we’d see the Dolphins engaging in more interviews. The Dolphins interviewed Fangio on Friday and it is late Monday night as I type this. That would mean that Miami has taken 3 full days off from their search for a DC, which just doesn’t make any sense at all if this team had any reason to believe that they were still in the market for a new DC.

and….

#3- While Fangio isn’t currently a DC, he still signed a contract with Philly to be a defensive consultant. Like any other contract in the NFL, it probably states that he is under contract with the Eagles until their season comes to an end. I have no doubt that Michael Silver has been in direct contact with Fangio and I also have no doubt that Fangio told him that he has yet to agree to terms with any team. It wouldn’t be smart of him to say any different, and quite frankly, I think it’s pretty shitty reporting on Silver’s part to not provide that context in his tweet. He got what he wanted though. Tons of traffic to his Twitter page and thousands of extra “clicks”.

Rest easy Dolphin fans. McDaniel has landed Fangio- which is beyond huge, and in due time it will become “official”. After McD’s hiring last year, I was beyond impressed with his ability to fill out a solid coaching staff and landing Fangio makes it that much more impressive. Miami’s D is gonna be on a whole new level next season.
Thoughtful post loaded with common sense! That said, since when could the words Dolphin fans and common sense be included in the same sentence???😏

While this is currently the most popular theory out there, I don’t believe it for a second for 2 reasons:

1- This story was picked up and reported on by the biggest sports media outlets on the planet. ESPN and NFL.com don’t run stories all willy-nilly. I admittedly have no idea what the holdup is, but I feel better about these guys reporting that a deal has been reached than I do with a guy tweeting that Fangio hasn’t decided yet.

and……..

2- It makes ZERO, let me repeat, ZERO sense that Fangio was ready to agree to become the new DC of the Miami Dolphins before the 49ers lost yesterday and now he might be waiting to see what happens with current 9er DC Demeco Ryans in regards to the Texans HC position still being open. The fact of the matter is that whether the 49ers had have won or lost yesterday, Ryans possibly leaving to take over as Houston’s new HC was a reality before Miami interviewed Fangio. There’s also a window in which had San Fran won, they still could have conducted a 2nd interview with Ryans and made the decision to hire him. They just would have had to wait for the SB to be over before making it official.

Heading into the interview with Miami, Fangio and his agent 100% knew that Ryans was the leader in the clubhouse for the Texan job. These reports that the 49er loss triggered Fangio into deciding to wait on signing the Dolphin deal until he knows what’s happening with the 49ers are just not accurate. All of those possibilities existed before he sat down with Miami.

Fangio is the next DC of the Miami Dolphins. We probably won’t know the cause of the holdup until it’s all said and done but he’s not gonna pull a fast one on Miami.
I’m not sure why a lot of folks are getting their panties in a pickle or something like that..

They guy just doesn’t want the publicity about it, doesn’t want the distraction, probably just commuted to the dolphins thru some conversations, allowed his agent to discuss terms and wants to finish the job in Philly

I’m not sure why a lot of folks are getting their panties in a pickle or something like that..

They guy just doesn’t want the publicity about it, doesn’t want the distraction, probably just commuted to the dolphins thru some conversations, allowed his agent to discuss terms and wants to finish the job in Philly
This could be true. Does anyone know exactly what Fangio is doing for Philly? Like is he a big picture behind the scenes guy or is he more involved with game planning or is he actually coaching?

This could be true. Does anyone know exactly what Fangio is doing for Philly? Like is he a big picture behind the scenes guy or is he more involved with game planning or is he actually coaching?
My guess is he's breaking down film and helping them formulate a defensive game plan based on their opposition's tendencies. Just my guess... :shrug:

I don’t know but I would guess when you have that guy as a consultant those services are working overtime.

My only question is why is he leaving us his future team out to get this bad pub and uncertainty? Did we mess up and leak it and he’s pissed about it

Probably nothing , probably just doesn’t want the publicity about it being official.

As a consultant, if Eagles win the SB, does he get a ring? And if so, he wouldn't if he signed a contract with the Dolphins prior to the game. I guess something to think about.

As a consultant, if Eagles win the SB, does he get a ring? And if so, he wouldn't if he signed a contract with the Dolphins prior to the game. I guess something to think about.
I think he gets a ring just like the assistants but taking a job for next season has no bearing on the ring or him finishing out the season in his current role in Philly. Just like Flores did before the NE superbowl when we hired him.

Fan starting Before that amazing first kickoff. Oh, the names for this preShula teams… Billy Joe, Wahoo McDaniel, Coach Wilson’s son. I agree with you totally that some of us older timers are a bit testy, and suspicious of anything resembling good news…. Always waiting for the shoe to drop. Thus I proudly wear my title “Curmudgeon” like a crown. 🖖
We had season tix and I was at the first game in the OB in 1966. I’m not an Eeyore because I was around during the good times.

Finheaven is an amusement park of our own creation. The small % of the posters love to wreak havoc and create chaos much more nauseating than the biggest rollercoasters. :chuckle:Fortunately a few of us actually have business/contract experience at a high level and understand the complexities therein, rather than being "social media experts" because we did 10 minutes research on google.
Excellent post.

I don’t know but I would guess when you have that guy as a consultant those services are working overtime.

My only question is why is he leaving us his future team out to get this bad pub and uncertainty? Did we mess up and leak it and he’s pissed about it

Probably nothing , probably just doesn’t want the publicity about it being official.
Could be he's one of those old school grouchy guys that says 'it's none of your business I got a super bowl to go win I don't have time to answer any of your nosey questions about my career'. Other than that....:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom