***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread*** | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***UPDATE***Miami agrees to terms with Fangio, Fangio Agrees he Disagrees AND FINALLY AGREES TO MIAMI!!!.....Unless it's Philly - Super Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. In this case, no news may be good news. The fact that there’s no activity gives the impression that Miami already has an idea as to what’s going on.
I believe we already interviewed enough other candidates so if Fangio does not sign here, one of the other candidates will be announced as DC.

This whole thing reminds me of this scene from Swingers:

d6cdc178-6921-438f-a50b-9e5b13277470_text.gif

With respect, that isn't what Fangio's personal history has shown. He is an old-school Italian from a generation which doesn't feel compelled to share every detail with the media.

Its much more realistic that he has a contract as consultant with the Eagles which has a non-compete clause, which forbids him from signing (with any other team) until their season concludes. He has agreed in principle and details with the Dolphins but cant sign the agreement with us until after the SB. The media reports that Fangio had finalized an agreement are likely technically correct, and viewers then take it to the next level that the contract is signed...blah blah blah.

When Fangio was asked directly, his response that it wasn't completed (nobody has the actual quote, to my knowledge.") is correct, but more because he is prohibited from signing and/or discussing it (if he also has a non-disclosure with the Eagles or Dolphins) .

Please note that because of the whole Brady/Peyton incident, our Dolphins are playing it very safe by being ultra sensitive about any disclosures.
I hope this is exactly the case. Getting so excited about him signing here, it will be crushing to have to settle for 2nd or 3rd choice at DC at this point

I hope this is exactly the case. Getting so excited about him signing here, it will be crushing to have to settle for 2nd or 3rd choice at DC at this point
At this point. Might as well just forget the DC vacancy exists until we see someone at the Phins podium. It'll make ya nuts and I'm already Loco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom