Miami Dolphins: 4 players that should be extended before training camp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: 4 players that should be extended before training camp

Extending players would actually create cap space if needed to sign draft picks.
That would be a restructure, rather than an extension.

Both could be done simultaneously, but it isn't, necessarily, wise to do so. All that does is play kick the can with the cap. It's a tool to be used sparingly.

That would be a restructure, rather than an extension.

Both could be done simultaneously, but it isn't, necessarily, wise to do so. All that does is play kick the can with the cap. It's a tool to be used sparingly.
Yep Miami of old kept kicking that can down the road messing up future seasons cap wise

Why oh why would we elect to extend FULLER today .... don’t get that one ... has he played a full season yet??? Whether it be health or suspension, I don’t believe he has .... 🤭😳

The entire POV of this piece is that we should spend future money now.

...and we are back to, "I want a shiny pony, and I want it NOW, Daddy!"

Yet another author who wants to be financially irresponsible and cause us long-term cap consequences. Lazy... selfish... short-sighted.

Thank the football Gods that Chris Grier is not listening to these idiotic suggestions.

Why oh why would we elect to extend FULLER today .... don’t get that one ... has he played a full season yet??? Whether it be health or suspension, I don’t believe he has .... 🤭😳
Remember when Miami extended TJ McDonald before he played a single meaningful minute for Miami?

I would go with Baker and the big O but imo Baker has the best chance imo

Baker is good, but not overly special. The others, yeah, I would try and resign.

Baker is good, but not overly special. The others, yeah, I would try and resign.
I would have to agree I really only care about Gesicki and Ogbah. They better not let Gesicki become a FA. Baker I forget is on the team. Might be wise to move on from the albatross Jones contract.

Remember when Miami extended TJ McDonald before he played a single meaningful minute for Miami?
He was extended while serving his suspension IIR. He must have been an all-pro at it. Yeah that was weird. He played ok for us...and other times not so ok.

I like him. He’s athletic and can make plays. I’d like to keep him and Ogbah and Gesicki. Fuller I need to see how he fits in / plays this year.

Baker is still an ascending player. He came before Flo. He is a 3 down backer. Has A Multifaceted Game

He will do well in this defense with McKinney. He was here for the 0-7 start never bitched or moaned during year one of Flo. He is deserving. The TE Gesicki is a weapon He catches TDS....work out a deal with him. If he clicks with Tua do it during the season.

I think the player I want them to resign the most of that group is Baker, but I think he'll get a pretty huge contract somewhere else. I don't see Fuller or Gesicki getting resigned either as I expect them both to get big contracts (unless Fuller resigns with us for a reasonable 2yr deal because of mediocre results/injuries).

Who knows about Ogbah, this year will be a big one for him.

Baker is an interesting player to try to place a value upon.

His first few years were underwhelming at best, no splash plays, very few sacks... just a guy level pass coverage... but he could play 3 downs, not especially well, but he could play them.

Last year, things seemed to click and his sack total crept up to 7... he made a few nice tackles behind the line... but still no turnovers really.

Ascending? Maybe. Or maybe he's just a guy, a guy who probably wants a big pay increase.

OTC values him at 6.3M/year... If he gives us one more healthy year, I could see paying him 7-8M/year (McKinney money), but if he starts asking for Edge money, I let him walk and take the comp pick.

Back
Top Bottom