Miami Dolphins: 4 players that should be extended before training camp | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: 4 players that should be extended before training camp

Well... at least your bias is out now and you've stopped with the garbage about 'drops'.
It wasn’t garbage about drops and it’s not bias. The drops happened and the film on MG is readily available. What’s really happening here is you’re showing your obvious bias towards a very limited player who cannot block, has trouble getting separation off the LOS, won’t be in the slot anymore because that’s the only place he could be productive and isn’t a good fit for the quick passing game we want to run with Tua. You could actually time the dude getting open with a sundial. He’s in Miami because he was drafted by another HC and he’s under contract for another year, that’s all, but we didn’t draft a highly ranked TE thinking MG is long for Miami unless he comes cheap. He isn’t and he won’t. You really need to get over your self righteous indignation—It’s very unbecoming to come across as a knowitall.

So basically, Baker doesn’t fit the defense but he has played well in the defense he doesn’t fit into and therefore Flores should try to resign him even If he isn’t a suitable fit for the defense Flores wants to play.
Got it.
It makes perfect sense. A guy can play well but at the same time not be ideal for a scheme. I think Flores did a good job hiding his warts

It wasn’t garbage about drops and it’s not bias. The drops happened and the film on MG is readily available. What’s really happening here is you’re showing your obvious bias towards a very limited player who cannot block, has trouble getting separation off the LOS, won’t be in the slot anymore because that’s the only place he could be productive and isn’t a good fit for the quick passing game we want to run with Tua. You could actually time the dude getting open with a sundial. He’s in Miami because he was drafted by another HC and he’s under contract for another year, that’s all, but we didn’t draft a highly ranked TE thinking MG is long for Miami unless he comes cheap. He isn’t and he won’t. You really need to get over your self righteous indignation—It’s very unbecoming to come across as a knowitall.

I'm confident MG will be productive and getting contract somewhere. It's likely NFL evaluators disagree with you

I'm confident MG will be productive and getting contract somewhere. It's likely NFL evaluators disagree with you
If he wants top 10 money it won’t be in Miami IMO. He’s a good player but not one you invest your future in. That’s not the Dolphin way.

You remember that ONE time... back three years ago... when he actually had ONE play in his career...

That was cool.
He had an amazing sack this very season in a game we nearly beat the Chiefs.. But yeah who cares.

Ironic you're trying to say his memory is selective...

He had an amazing sack this very season in a game we nearly beat the Chiefs.. But yeah who cares.

Ironic you're trying to say his memory is selective...
Yeah man... those 7 sacks and no interceptions... if we parse them out, one at a time... it'll seem like so much more.

:rolls eyes:

Again... if you read back, it will say that he's not just a jag, he's a bit better than that. There seems to be the typical Finheaven overreaction to someone not praising every player as splendid... wonderful... worth every bit of 15m/year...

Hoo boy

If he wants top 10 money it won’t be in Miami IMO. He’s a good player but not one you invest your future in. That’s not the Dolphin way.

But your comment was "very limited player who cannot block, has trouble getting separation off the LOS, won’t be in the slot anymore . . ." It seem to me that analysis and the likelihood of him getting an expensive contract are mutually exclusive.

But your comment was "very limited player who cannot block, has trouble getting separation off the LOS, won’t be in the slot anymore . . ." It seem to me that analysis and the likelihood of him getting an expensive contract are mutually exclusive.
What we need is for Gesicki to have a decent season, maybe slightly better than last year but not too good, get a decent contract and then explode and become elite for Miami lol

What we need is for Gesicki to have a decent season, maybe slightly better than last year but not too good, get a decent contract and then explode and become elite for Miami lol
I understand what you are saying, but whats the difference between a "decent"(lower) contract, and a good deal for both team and player?

2 mil? 2.5 mil?

For that, I'll take the monster season now.

I understand what you are saying, but whats the difference between a "decent"(lower) contract, and a good deal for both team and player?

2 mil? 2.5 mil?

For that, I'll take the monster season now.
I didn't clarify but i was thinking "decent" as a good deal for both parties. I'm guessing a contract without him being a pro bowler or making all pro this year would be that kind of contract.

Someone will pony up big bucks but it won’t be the MD unless he’s willing to give us a home town discount. Just don’t see a blockbuster contract in Miami. He’s good but not elite.

If Geiski steps up and has a good yr resign him, week 8 , Ogbah for a reasonable contract. Baker as well. We are probably not signing free agents that are better. We will be at an interesting time in our rebuild, as we switch from building an excellent program to maintaining it. Fuller if he stays healthy, Parker could be trade bait if Williams and Fuller have good yrs. For the first time in 20 yrs I feel we have a vision for the upcoming yr and 5 yrs down the line all based on winning

I'd wait and see how Gesicki puts it all together and gels within the new offense with Tua.

Baker I'd imagine they are going to get something done at some point. Coach's son type.

Fuller needs to show that he can stay healthy for a full season. That's the only question mark and it's a significant one.

Ogbah I'd also wait to see if he can at least replicate last season's production, while also playing more consistent football.
I think he will replicate last season and may even exceed it. He's going to be playing opposite of Phillips who is going to draw all the attention. I think Ogbah has a great year this year.

Back
Top Bottom