Miami Dolphins Are Officially The Cleveland Browns | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Are Officially The Cleveland Browns

The city of Miami was settled and founded by a bunch of people from Cleveland and there's a long, shared history between the two cities.

So I guess it's fitting.

Rubbish.

The Cleveland Browns relocation controversy, sometimes called "The Move" by fans, was the decision by then-Browns owner Art Modell to move the National Football League's Cleveland Browns from its long-time home of Cleveland to Baltimore during the 1995 NFL season.

The spin you're presenting is typical NFL BS.
It’s not.

It’s not.

In the most insane splitting of hairs decision I have ever had to make on this forum, I am going to have to side with BNF. I believe he is just slightly more technically correct here.

When Modell moved the team, he reluctantly agreed to release the franchise's name, logos, and history to be used by a future expansion team for the city of Cleveland. He took everything else.

Basically, Modell agreed to release to the city of Cleveland / the NFL a bunch of copyrights/trademarks pertaining to the franchise. But he did move the franchise.

In response to this:
As amazing as it might sound, football actually existed before 1967. The Browns have more championships than us. They have 4 to our 2 and that's if you don't count the Otto Graham dynasty Browns era of the AAFC when they won another 4 championships which would make it 8-2

BNF said this:
Technically not true. The "Browns" you're referring to (way back) are in fact the Ravens.

The "Browns" of today were an expansion team...

So still no, not true. The current Cleveland Browns franchise owns the history and the championships.

Right, but consider this total fantasy scenario:

What if the Cleveland Browns failed to report income in the 1980s and it was suddenly discovered that the team had cheated the IRS over thirty years ago. Which franchise would the IRS then pursue for payment of back taxes? It would not be the current Cleveland Browns football team. It would be the persistent franchise... the Baltimore Ravens.

Legally, the Ravens are indeed the Browns. The Browns were allowed to take the official franchise record book and all that other stuff, but they are technically not the same franchise.

I really don’t like the Browns, their a ****y bunch right, did like Jarvis and Beckham’s personalities

There offense by mid season will be potent

Yeah their offense is scary now for sure, there was a time where I wanted Beckham to reunite with Jarvis here, I said I thought their energy together needed a place in the NFL, I was hoping it would be us, but then both personalities started to really bother me, I don’t think they are both very smart and they lack certain qualities as grown men that I don’t respect..

I was totally ok with Jarvis leaving at the scam of a price he swindled the browns for, so while I think their lethal together, I don’t wish them luck, I hope they will be humbled by this league and their actions.

Not a browns fan at all..

njoku should beast for them, but even him, his ego is out of control.

Yeah their offense is scary now for sure, there was a time where I wanted Beckham to reunite with Jarvis here, I said I thought their energy together needed a place in the NFL, I was hoping it would be us, but then both personalities started to really bother me, I don’t think they are both very smart and they lack certain qualities as grown men that I don’t respect..

I was totally ok with Jarvis leaving at the scam of a price he swindled the browns for, so while I think their lethal together, I don’t wish them luck, I hope they will be humbled by this league and their actions.

Not a browns fan at all..

njoku should beast for them, but even him, his ego is out of control.

Me neither just pointing out the obvious.

Back
Top Bottom