Miami Dolphins’ Coach-to-be Brian Flores: ’i’m My Own… | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ Coach-to-be Brian Flores: ’i’m My Own…

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
brian-flores-1.jpg

It is a certainty that Brian Flores has no intention of being Bill Belichick.

“I’m my own person,” Flores, the New England Patriots’ de facto defensive coordinator, said Wednesday afternoon during festivities leading up to Sunday’s Super Bowl LIII against the Los Angeles Rams.

Flores wasn’t taking a swipe at his boss, naturally. But at the same time, he has to know that more than once, an assistant coach has been hired off Belichick’s staff and for whatever reason couldn’t come close to matching his mentor’s success. They’ve learned the hard way that it’s one thing to learn from Belichick, another thing to try to pretend you’re Belichick.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...ins-coach-to-be-brian-flores-im-my-own-person

He has an interesting back story and I like that he's been involved as a player, scout and with both offense and defense. Flores clearly knows what winning looks like, the preparation it takes etc. Plus, it sounds like his philosophy fits what Grier's philosophy is like a glove.

None of that means he'll be successful, but if Miami is serious about building the foundation with the offensive and defensive lines that would represent a good start.

His philosophy about being "transformative" (i.e., adaptable or chameleon-like in terms of system) is very refreshing to hear.

Definitely the antithesis of what we've been subjected to...
I'm not holding my breath. every new coach says that same B.S. Gase was all about being creative and putting guys into a position to succeed. No coach ever wants to integrate that philosophy.

I hold out hope but I'm skeptical about it. If there is one thing I'm looking for it is that we tailor put gameplans to attack out opponents week to week.

I'm not holding my breath. every new coach says that same B.S. Gase was all about being creative and putting guys into a position to succeed. No coach ever wants to integrate that philosophy.

I hold out hope but I'm skeptical about it. If there is one thing I'm looking for it is that we tailor put gameplans to attack out opponents week to week.

It's sad that every new hire is shadowed by an impeding sense of doom. I am right there with you. When I was growing up and the Dolphins shook up the coaching staff, I was like" No big deal". Then came Tom Olivaidiot and I knew the importance of the right guys in the right positions. A painful lesson.:nuke:

Last edited:
I hope dolphins are not trying tank because he will be fired in 2 to 3 yr. I hope front office is fair too guy. right now we are still 2nd best team in afc east.

I hope dolphins are not trying tank because he will be fired in 2 to 3 yr. I hope front office is fair too guy. right now we are still 2nd best team in afc east.
He and Grier are tied at the hip. They’ll get 4 years unless there is only minimal improvement over that period. Getting the right QB will go a long way in determining that.

As has been said, many 1st time Coaches do come out with good speeches, and talk that sounds pretty good if you're a fan, but the one thing that will help considerably is the Coaches around him, if they are quality, they will help him grow, help the team grow, and once the culture is turned around to a winning one, the team will be able to do it's thing almost like in automatic.

Miami/Flores need to Sound the team with good coaches that can teach and make good decisions on game day, then make sure to find the right talent for the team Flores wants to get out there, once Miami has achieved or come close to achieving those two areas, Miami will be competitive, and even injuries will not effect Miami as Much as it has in years past.

First step player wise, fix both sides of the line once and for all, and then work your way back.

I like this guy, but he's going down on Sunday because our stupid team cut a REAL HoF talent in Suh.

Never would have let that dude go, especially after the restructures, easily could have found another Bobby McCain, etc. but not Suh.

Go Rams!

Last edited:
So far there's nothing not to like about Flores's background. He's got the winner gene imprinted in DNA from his present team and therefore an expectation to succeed, hopefully instinctively. Who knows if he'll be successful or not, but you can certainly say that about just any of the new hires, maybe even more so including Gase, Kingsbury, LaFleur and certainly Zac Taylor who wasn't terrific here and got his job because he was Goff's QB coach, LOL.

I'm willing to give Flores the benefit of the doubt at least for a few seasons.

I like this guy, but he's going down on Sunday because our stupid team cut a REAL HoF talent in Suh.

Never would have let that dude go, especially after the restructures, easily could have found another Bobby McCain, etc. but not Suh.

Go Rams!
Suh was and is not the answer to what ails this team.

Back
Top Bottom