Miami Dolphins: Corey Linsley should be their No. 1 target in free agency | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Corey Linsley should be their No. 1 target in free agency

I agree completely. That's why I really want to cross center off the needs list ASAP.

Which sounds great and all if your trying to talk yourself into taking a WR at 3 or your planning a trade down with a considerable haul. Only one of those options, I believe, would be on the table.

I want opposing DL dreading sunday mornings. I want to have an answer for Myles Garrett or Joey Bosa.

I wanted Sewell in September and I still want him now. Regardless, I am assuming the team has other plans with that pick so I am not about to be heart broken if they don't get the guy I want. It's shaping up that a trade down is likely going to be our best move.
I don't think anybody would cry if Sewell was on our team. But not getting him is not the end of the world. Just saying we'd have other options to still have a top O-line without taking him at 3. I do agree that trading down would be ideal.

I would certainly call this (targeting Linsley) an intriguing possibility...

A lot depends on the bidding war and other suitors have more cap $$$ so perhaps a low % play.

Our position as a young, up and coming team with draft picks, a QB, a coach and a solid defense should win any tie breaker that living in Miami wouldn't.

If all things are equal, no one is equal to us.

Miami wins the leverage game with this current staff, if not, move on. Kind of like when I saw the trade scenario's that Watson would accept if he were to be dealt. Jets, Panthers and Dolphins? Ya right, Im not negotiating against the Jets. I am only involved in that case to drive the cost up. If Watson wants to be traded (to Miami), it would be solely on my terms. I'm only doing that deal if Houston is getting screwed.

That's how we have to approach every move from now on. You come to us, we don't come to you.

For the record, just citing Watson as an example for this post and not because I am thinking about acquiring him. He's fantastic and all but I am not blowing my draft stash when I like Tua.

Our position as a young, up and coming team with draft picks, a QB, a coach and a solid defense should win any tie breaker that living in Miami wouldn't.

If all things are equal, no one is equal to us.

Miami wins the leverage game with this current staff, if not, move on. Kind of like when I saw the trade scenario's that Watson would accept if he were to be dealt. Jets, Panthers and Dolphins? Ya right, Im not negotiating against the Jets. I am only involved in that case to drive the cost up. If Watson wants to be traded (to Miami), it would be solely on my terms. I'm only doing that deal if Houston is getting screwed.

That's how we have to approach every move from now on. You come to us, we don't come to you.

For the record, just citing Watson as an example for this post and not because I am thinking about acquiring him. He's fantastic and all but I am not blowing my draft stash when I like Tua.
Exactly!!! NE for years had received 1st round talent in trades for 4th round compensation. And then would trade declining talent for 1st rounders. Time we step up and do the same thing. I love the potential of Tua and really want to build around him but I make a trade for Watson if we fleece them only!

I don't think anybody would cry if Sewell was on our team.

Ya I don't think that's true though. I've seen a few posters claim they'd all but jump off the nearest bridge if we take "another tackle". I know quite a few are WR or Bust mentality.

I get that this year more than most we definitely need that WR upgrade, not with this lottery ticket of a pick though.

From what Tua showed me last year, I believe the help he needs more is right in front of face. Not as much down the field.

It will be pretty money but he is def an upgrade over karass by miles. If we sign him and draft Sewell our line can easily climb to top 10. He was rated at 90 compared to 60 by karass. Only gave up a sack and few hurries.
Well at least it won’t be ugly money. I never like spending ugly money when pretty money is so much better. LOL

I don't think anybody would cry if Sewell was on our team. But not getting him is not the end of the world. Just saying we'd have other options to still have a top O-line without taking him at 3. I do agree that trading down would be ideal.

We do and we don't know how impactful either picks will be. We are at a disadvantage really because no receiver is worth the pick and neither will we draft an impactful ol in the 2nd or even at 18 with the players available. Russaou will slip later and other great athletes in defense toward the 18.

Ya I don't think that's true though. I've seen a few posters claim they'd all but jump off the nearest bridge if we take "another tackle". I know quite a few are WR or Bust mentality.

I get that this year more than most we definitely need that WR upgrade, not with this lottery ticket of a pick though.

From what Tua showed me last year, I believe the help he needs more is right in front of face. Not as much down the field.

We have a bad offensive line we could have drafted all tackles in the draft. I get it if we had 4 solid linemen with proven resume but we dont. We dont have a solid veteran even. If we draft Sewell and sign Corey we will get the best out of the receivers drafted. The 1st round receivers have high failure rates.

Last edited:
We a bad offensive line we could have drafted all tackles in the draft. I get it if we had 4 solid linemen with proven resume but we dont. We dont have a solid veteran even. If we drafts Sewell and sign Corey we will get the best out of the receivers drafted. The 1st round receivers have high failure rates.
While I want to see the Dolphins upgrade their skill position players, I too believe that continuing to upgrade the OL is just as important. Because if the OL can’t run block or protect the QB, it doesn’t matter who they draft at WR or RB.

The fact they used a first round pick on a LT last year is irrelevant to me. By drafting Sewell and hopefully signing Linsley in free agency the Dolphins would instantly become a much better team. The Dolphins would still have plenty of draft picks left to draft a WR and a RB and with Sewell and Linsley as starters on the OL, the skill position players and the QB would be much more effective.

Grier I know you are watching get it done and draft sewell .
Miami invested a 1st, 2nd, and 4th round pick on linemen in last year's draft, signed Flowers to a $10M per year deal, and if they sign Lindsley, you STILL want them to draft Sewell?

Stop it.

I
Exactly!!! NE for years had received 1st round talent in trades for 4th round compensation. And then would trade declining talent for 1st rounders. Time we step up and do the same thing. I love the potential of Tua and really want to build around him but I make a trade for Watson if we fleece them only!

That works for ne because they have rings.

"it seems they could be big players in the free agent market" - this sort of throwaway comment in the article seems totally off-base to me. I really don't think that we will be big players in free agency - the team seems all about prudent fiscal management to set this up right. Maybe get one expensive signing like Linsley and a couple of value guys who come cheap to build depth but with the decline in the salary cap I expect frugal approach and our big talent acquisitions are going to be in the Draft.

People keep posting these fan driven sites with articles written by non journalists. It’s.. brutal.

I'd rather pay him, an actual damn good center, than pay Karras the joke of a contract sportstrac has him projected for.

Back
Top Bottom