Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa ‘electric’ during day two of minicamp | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa ‘electric’ during day two of minicamp

ESPN headline yesterday: Tua throwing 5 interceptions

ESPN headline on Tua having a great Day 2: BLANK
Andy, just a question. Why do you get so butt hurt about the media or anyone daring to question Tua's performances? It's the job of the media to do that. You can discriminate what you want to take from it. Yesterday's headline was stupid as it's minicamp, we get it. He had a bad day and they wrote about it. Jeff Saturday, who's forgotten more about football than all of us simply said that Tua's slips of the tongue, combined with throwing bad balls on day one are concerning to HIM. He also said Brissett threw 2 picks and hopefully it was just a weather thing.

Why do you take it so personally? You don't know the kid. You have zero skin in the game. If he succeeds, you don't get extra fan points. If he fails, life goes on. It's part of the job. It's a pressure packed job that requires him to man up and deal with being questioned. It is okay for others to question things. As I've said, him succeeding is beneficial to the Miami dolphins, which in turn, benefits me as a fan. Lighten up and let it go. It's not a mass conspiracy against the dolphins, no matter how badly you spin it to be.

If a "fan" gets a hard on about their teams QB having a poor day, I don't think I can call that person a fan.
There are some players that I am not a big fan of, but I root for them regardless and I don't spout about their poor performance every opportunity I get.
I tend to think of some of our "fans" as downright trolls but don't want to call names out.
I saw nobody rooting against Tua yesterday. Quite the opposite actually. Most agreed it was no big deal. Some can't stop whining about the media coverage. Who cares! Let it go!

I was actually thinking about this after you posted this thread. ESPN was all over Tua after his first minicamp. It was all over the "Get Up" and "NFL Live" shows. Always negative. After his day 2 performance, nothing... not even their Miami Dolphins blog writer. ESPN always wanna bring something negative about Tua so they can cover it. ESPN is like, "Uh-oh, Tua throws incomplete passes in day 2. Let talk about it for the next 10 minutes and not bring up those TDs or any other performance of his. Those incomplete passes are a cause of concerns heading to Year 2" :rolleyes:
Please stop, you guys sound ridiculous. You know why they don't cover TDs in minicamp? That's what you're supposed to do! It's basically 7 on 7. They spoke about the 5 int day because that doesn't happen in minicamp. Again, he's under a microscope after last year's being up and down so much. This is normal. Holy ****, imagine if he was in New York!

This is not out of the ordinary. Not saying tua has proven to be good yet, but even Good qbs have bunches of interceptions in otas. Even training camp. It was a good idea for flores, he wanted tua to take risks and learn what he can make or not get away with. Not be afraid to take chances so as to learn from them. If this is the time to trial and error, it's during practive and not an actual season game.

Tua haters after a bad practice: 'Tua sucks"

Tua haters after a good practice: "it's only OTA"

Isn’t it convenient how something that confirms one’s POV is completely valid while something that destroys that same POV is somehow overblown?

It’s impossible to take people seriously that are so inconsistent in how they analyze and evaluate things.

Andy, just a question. Why do you get so butt hurt about the media or anyone daring to question Tua's performances?

Answer the same question. Why do you get so butt hurt about what Andy thinks about the media and their inconsistent and over reactive nature?

Jeff Saturday, who's forgotten more about football than all of us simply

This type of comment may sound logical and reasonable to you, but is quite flawed and shows a high level of ignorance and naivety.

Not everyone that’s played the sport knows more than everyone that hasn’t. Additionally just because someone played at a higher level than someone else also doesn’t mean they know more.

There are a myriad of former players that have very low IQ about the sport. While they have experiences many others don’t, that alone doesn’t qualify them as experts or incapable of being less knowledgeable than high IQ people w/o the same experiences.

While Jeff Saturday seems like a very smart guy, in this instance he’s talking out of his @$$ since there’s not enough direct evidence for him to analyze in order to form a legitimate opinion.

He’s reacting to hearsay. Not to mention lacking context. Which isn’t very smart. Same goes for your awful take.

Lastly, where’s the consistency? If Saturday and others are going to overreact to hearsay, why not overreact to both the good and the bad? Which I believe was the valid point Andy brought up. Which went completely over your head, not surprisingly.

Last edited:
Answer the same question. Why do you get so butt hurt about what Andy thinks about the media and their inconsistent and over reactive nature?
Thank you. Odd how that works around here where some are thrilled with negative articles but question us on being positive about a player on a team we are a fan of.

All I pointed out was bias ESPN reporting and to him I'm butt hurt.

I am always positive about players on the Fins but Tua gets too much hate for my liking.

Isn’t it convenient how something that confirms one’s POV is completely valid while something that destroys that same POV is somehow overblown?

It’s impossible to take people seriously that are so inconsistent in how they analyze and evaluate things.
Just for the record, I was messing around when I said "now we can trade Howard".....only said it because it's been a subject lately...lol.....tbh tho, Howard could be traded but it wouldn't be because of anything Jones has to say about Iggy

What kinda fan roots for the QB of their team coming into his 2nd season to fail?
idiots... sometimes I feel some "fans" actually want Tua to fail so they can say "look, I was right all along"
I was actually mad when Miami drafted Marino (I thought they needed defense to stop the run)
but once anybody is a dolphin, wouldn't everyone want them to succeed

Just for the record, I was messing around when I said "now we can trade Howard".....only said it because it's been a subject lately...lol.....tbh tho, Howard could be traded but it wouldn't be because of anything Jones has to say about Iggy

I must have missed where your posted that.

If I had seen it, I'm sure I would have understood how you meant it.

Regardless, your Tua post was spot on regarding the hypocrisy of some fans around here.

Back
Top Bottom