Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa ‘electric’ during day two of minicamp | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa ‘electric’ during day two of minicamp

Andy, just a question. Why do you get so butt hurt about the media or anyone daring to question Tua's performances? It's the job of the media to do that. You can discriminate what you want to take from it. Yesterday's headline was stupid as it's minicamp, we get it. He had a bad day and they wrote about it. Jeff Saturday, who's forgotten more about football than all of us simply said that Tua's slips of the tongue, combined with throwing bad balls on day one are concerning to HIM. He also said Brissett threw 2 picks and hopefully it was just a weather thing.

Why do you take it so personally? You don't know the kid. You have zero skin in the game. If he succeeds, you don't get extra fan points. If he fails, life goes on. It's part of the job. It's a pressure packed job that requires him to man up and deal with being questioned. It is okay for others to question things. As I've said, him succeeding is beneficial to the Miami dolphins, which in turn, benefits me as a fan. Lighten up and let it go. It's not a mass conspiracy against the dolphins, no matter how badly you spin it to be.
Jeff Saturday didn't see one play of the practice that he tore into Tua. So how exactly is it reporting...to me it's regurgitation. And his opinion smells just like puke.

Lets be honest here... You might want him to do well but you sure as hell dont miss an oportunity to show us all how he wont...
How cute, are your panties still in a bunch because of one article.

Yay! Happy for Tua and our offense. We have a pretty darn good defense, and even if we are moving guys around on defense, this will build some confidence.

Answer the same question. Why do you get so butt hurt about what Andy thinks about the media and their inconsistent and over reactive nature?

This type of comment may sound logical and reasonable to you, but is quite flawed and shows a high level of ignorance and naivety.

Not everyone that’s played the sport knows more than everyone that hasn’t. Additionally just because someone played at a higher level than someone else also doesn’t mean they know more.

There are a myriad of former players that have very low IQ about the sport. While they have experiences many others don’t, that alone doesn’t qualify them as experts or incapable of being less knowledgeable than high IQ people w/o the same experiences.

While Jeff Saturday seems like a very smart guy, in this instance he’s talking out of his @$$ since there’s not enough direct evidence for him to analyze in order to form a legitimate opinion.

He’s reacting to hearsay. Not to mention lacking context. Which isn’t very smart. Same goes for your awful take.

Lastly, where’s the consistency? If Saturday and others are going to overreact to hearsay, why not overreact to both the good and the bad? Which I believe was the valid point Andy brought up. Which went completely over your head, not surprisingly.
I'm not at all butt hurt about him doing it. I was simply asking a question. Why do you care what they say to the point where you think there is an agenda? It's hilarious.

Jeff Saturday is reacting to hearsay? You realize hearsay means that it cannot be substantiated, right? He responded to the facts of the day, not rumor, which is what hearsay is. Did he throw 5 picks? Did he make the quotes to the media? So to say he took hearsay, is you again trying to make an illogical argument. He took direct quotes from his mouth about not knowing the offense, playbook, etc and developed his opinion. Again, his opinion. That's his job! Don't be offended.

As someone who's been the center for two of the best QBs that have ever played the game, I'm guessing his knowledge base of how a QB position should be played is quite a bit more in depth than yours.

My "awful take" doesn't fit your agenda, so you choose to try and argue illogical facts. Jeff Saturday never said anything other than he hoped it was a case of weather and acknowledged Brissett threw two picks as well. Then he said he had concerns. What is wrong with that?

His point didn't go over my head. He wants Tua praised for throwing TDs in 7 on 7. You're missing the point that when you have a day like that coupled with the comments you've made, the media is going to pick it apart. They don't care about something he should do, which is complete passes in minicamp. Did any of this concern me? No, but you guys and your media agenda crack me up. That's what the media does. The kid needs thick skin and clearly you do too.

Yeah but the other guy who was on the show, called him out and said what does a lineman know about playing QB. Saturday laughed and said ok game on to the other guy.
Uh, not at all what was said. That was Mike Tannenbaum making a joke about offensive linemen only stretching in June. The same Mike Tannenbaum who did three minutes earlier he has concerns about the QB as well. Again, listen to the interview. Nothing was said with malice or ill intent. They simply are touching on a topic of concern. He said medium level concern because of what they may have been working on. You guys have selective hearing.

I'm not at all butt hurt about him doing it. I was simply asking a question. Why do you care what they say to the point where you think there is an agenda? It's hilarious.

Jeff Saturday is reacting to hearsay? You realize hearsay means that it cannot be substantiated, right? He responded to the facts of the day, not rumor, which is what hearsay is. Did he throw 5 picks? Did he make the quotes to the media? So to say he took hearsay, is you again trying to make an illogical argument. He took direct quotes from his mouth about not knowing the offense, playbook, etc and developed his opinion. Again, his opinion. That's his job! Don't be offended.

As someone who's been the center for two of the best QBs that have ever played the game, I'm guessing his knowledge base of how a QB position should be played is quite a bit more in depth than yours.

My "awful take" doesn't fit your agenda, so you choose to try and argue illogical facts. Jeff Saturday never said anything other than he hoped it was a case of weather and acknowledged Brissett threw two picks as well. Then he said he had concerns. What is wrong with that?

His point didn't go over my head. He wants Tua praised for throwing TDs in 7 on 7. You're missing the point that when you have a day like that coupled with the comments you've made, the media is going to pick it apart. They don't care about something he should do, which is complete passes in minicamp. Did any of this concern me? No, but you guys and your media agenda crack me up. That's what the media does. The kid needs thick skin and clearly you do too.
Ah ha Jeff Saturday is now your new hero.... Shocking.

Where are Saturday's comments about Tua's second day?

Media biased as I pointed out

I've been curious as to the media pundits and their unending disingenuous opinions of Tua. Tua practically played on one leg last year. He didn't light up the league, but did show promise, inspite of the deck being stacked against him, by his offensive coordinator.

I respect what he was able to accomplish under such scrutiny. He wasn't great and at times it was ugly. You can argue he wasn't getting the support from so many other units on the offense and made chicken soup out of chicken chitt on a few occasions.

So he threw 5 interceptions in an ota practice. Big deal. Concerning? Depends on what side of the pot you shittt on. Tua needs to step up his game, he seems healthier, happier and egar to lead this franchise. Until he consistently shitttts the bed, I'm going to root for him 100%.

And Marino? Do his thots match up with Saturdays too???

Ah ha Jeff Saturday is now your new hero.... Shocking.

Where are Saturday's comments about Tua's second day?

Media biased as I pointed out
Where did I say Jeff Saturday was my new hero? I even stated none of what happened in minicamp worries me in the least. The point was who cares about any of the comments? None of it matters. Their job is to create news on slow days. Saturday was a professional and has the right to state his opinion. None of what he said was out of line. He was cautious in the way he said it. He stated concerns, no big deal.
Tua has expectations to meet at this point and we've poked the bear in Watson in the past it seems. That creates a natural cynicism with the media. If the Bengals and Chargers were involved at all in those talks, I think the pressure would be on Burrow and Herbert.

The only thing that matters is Sept on the field. Correct? You can agree on that, right?

Absolutely, in fact he's got a front row seat. That's the greatest endorsement in my mind. Again, you don't have to agree with Saturday to understand his point. Also, he was stating his opinion when asked the question. It was not an unfair assessment. He played devil's advocate on both sides. The overarching point to the entire segment was that Tua is their guy but he's got a bigger fire than the others drafted around him.

You also have to remember Dan's job is a special advisor to the Miami Dolphins. So, he's also not going to come out and say the kid sucks.
An outsider might not look at his comments like we do. However, Dan is sacred to most of us as fans and his opinion is highly regarded. I think he would just shut up if he didn't like the kid.

Man, you really like to twist comments around, don't you? I don't care if Tua throws 50 TDs and no coverage, since the media made such a big deal about Tua in Day 1, at least say something about his improvement in Day 2.

Last edited:
Man, you really like to twist comments around, don't you? I don't care if Tua throws 50 TDs and no coverage, since the media made such a big deal about Tua in Day 1, at least say something about his improvement in Day 2.
Dude, are you slow? Nobody cares about him doing what he's supposed to do! Read my posts, nothing is twisted. They are not required to report on anything. It doesn't make it slanted. Their conversation wasn't based only on the fact that he threw int. The reason it was a story was clearly outlined in my other posts. It was one man's opinion who was asked the question! Wah, ESPN hates us. Come on, get some bark on your tree man!

Back
Top Bottom