Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins rumored to be working on a trade with the Redskins

Think the guy in the article hit the nail on the head with, the line:

"It could also be a smokescreen or a potential rumor to drive down the asking price that the Lions may be looking to get. "

I'm sure over the coming weeks there will be a ton of this sort of rumour out there, most will be complete bollocks as we say in England. Fun times ahead.

Think the guy in the article hit the nail on the head with, the line:

"It could also be a smokescreen or a potential rumor to drive down the asking price that the Lions may be looking to get. "

I'm sure over the coming weeks there will be a ton of this sort of rumour out there, most will be complete bollocks as we say in England. Fun times ahead.
I have been saying this for 10 days

Who the hell wants Chase Young over a QB?
Who the hell wants Chase Young over Isaiah Simmons?

You lost your mind trading a #26 pick to go from #5 to #3 to draft C.Young.

I am pretty sure I would take a game changing pass rusher over Isaiah Simmons. Actually I am pretty sure any one without a premier pass rusher would... And so would every mock I have seen published up to this point. But guess your opinion matters above all else and logic.

Simmons is good but no one is saying he is the best player in this draft. However the 3 guys I mentioned have been identified as potentially the best player in this draft by different people.

If we picked Simmons at #5 and Burrow, Tua, or Chase Young were available (they absolutely won't be) that would be a huge mistake.

Last edited:
Sileo is definitely not a reliable source. That being said, Tua won’t last until 5. If the redskins draft Chase Young they will have 4 1st round picks on the DL. It would be impossible to resign all of them. They may be looking to trade down. I know a lot of you disagree but I think Tua is comparable to Brees. He clearly wants to be here so I say let’s go up and get him.

Looking at all possibilities, say the Bengals don't draft Burrows opening the door for us. Does that change peoples minds?
2 no 1's and may be a second, third or fourth [1 only] as well for Burrows or another way of looking - Tunsil/Stills for Burrows.

I worry that we are going to mess this up royally. As in we trade pretty much everything we got for all of those players, move up and take the QB that busts. It would be so Miami.

How much more would it take to go to one?

Assuming the Bengals are willing, why not go all the way?

I’d rather have the conviction and belief in a player to go get him. Even if it’s Tua, which I would cry to throw away a draft for but let’s WANT someone and go get him, not wait for who falls.

it’s all predicated on the Bengals, of course, but if you’re going do it, do it all the way and go get the guy you want, not the one you settled for.

It's crazy to me that there would be ANY trade talks going on right now …. there may be some "testing the water" types of conversations but it's too early IMO for any team to be showing their hand

What if Cam Newton goes to Washington to continue Haskins development? If so, the skins new regime would feel good at QB and what about Trent Williams? … do the skins want to replace the LT? If so how do they address the DL?
So it's possible the Redskins are in the market for a trade partner but too early IMO …. probably somebody just stirring the pot

But I agree .... IF you want either Tua or Burrow then #2 is where you want to be ...

If we burned tons of draft capital to go to 2 and get Chase Young it would have to be the most insane thing in the history of modern Miami football...
Agreed. I don't care how good he is. We need a driver for this bus not a killer transmission.

How much more would it take to go to one?

Assuming the Bengals are willing, why not go all the way?

I’d rather have the conviction and belief in a player to go get him. Even if it’s Tua, which I would cry to throw away a draft for but let’s WANT someone and go get him, not wait for who falls.

it’s all predicated on the Bengals, of course, but if you’re going do it, do it all the way and go get the guy you want, not the one you settled for.
Moving to One is an insane amount to have to give up. Plus, the Bengals don't have to just take the market deal from the value chart. That's more of a get to this # with a deal then we'll take it seriously and then probably ask for more. It's a poker game. BUT, if we wanted to simply get the ly of the land on moving to #1, #1 pick is work 3K points. #5 is worth 1700 points. So we need to find 1300 points. Thats a lot to find. In order to get there, we'd have to give up #18 which is 900 points PLUS #56 which is 340 points. Even with that we're still 60 points shy. Now some of those picks could be next years depending but I would assume the Bengals are going to want it all this year so it can positively impact THIS draft. That price could go down with a player but that would probably need to be Howard as he's the most valuable player already under contract.

So, the answer is getting to one is pricey. Consider it another mid 1st rounder and a mid round 2nd to even not get hung up on.

It's crazy to me that there would be ANY trade talks going on right now …. there may be some "testing the water" types of conversations but it's too early IMO for any team to be showing their hand

What if Cam Newton goes to Washington to continue Haskins development? If so, the skins new regime would feel good at QB and what about Trent Williams? … do the skins want to replace the LT? If so how do they address the DL?
So it's possible the Redskins are in the market for a trade partner but too early IMO …. probably somebody just stirring the pot

But I agree .... IF you want either Tua or Burrow then #2 is where you want to be ...
Agreed. The big Eagles trade which is of a similar magnitude didn't;t go down until mid April that year so I would expect a similar timeline. Wentz and Goff were less proven vs what we just saw Burrow and Tua do in college though so maybe it could happen around Combine time.

Better to trade now than to wait for Tua's medical report. The value now will be cheaper.

If the medical turns out poorly we can grab a different player or trade back down. If its a great medical report we will end up paying alot more to move up.

It also might be easier to move up one spot from 2 to 1 if that is the way they want to go.

Better to trade now than to wait for Tua's medical report. The value now will be cheaper.

If the medical turns out poorly we can grab a different player or trade back down. If its a great medical report we will end up paying alot more to move up.

It also might be easier to move up one spot from 2 to 1 if that is the way they want to go.
Good point.

Moving to One is an insane amount to have to give up. Plus, the Bengals don't have to just take the market deal from the value chart. That's more of a get to this # with a deal then we'll take it seriously and then probably ask for more. It's a poker game. BUT, if we wanted to simply get the ly of the land on moving to #1, #1 pick is work 3K points. #5 is worth 1700 points. So we need to find 1300 points. Thats a lot to find. In order to get there, we'd have to give up #18 which is 900 points PLUS #56 which is 340 points. Even with that we're still 60 points shy. Now some of those picks could be next years depending but I would assume the Bengals are going to want it all this year so it can positively impact THIS draft. That price could go down with a player but that would probably need to be Howard as he's the most valuable player already under contract.

So, the answer is getting to one is pricey. Consider it another mid 1st rounder and a mid round 2nd to even not get hung up on.

That's insane. I was just thinking that #2 can't be that much cheaper so screw it.

Giving up a draft like that...

Back
Top Bottom