Miami Right Back In The Playoff Race | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Right Back In The Playoff Race

I think the playoff calculator has us at a 3% chance of making it in

Playoffstatus.com has us with a 12% of making the playoff currently.

A win against NE moves that to 25%, a loss to 4%

Pretty much a must win scenario. They must already be counting it as a loss. LOL.

If we lose to the Patriots this week, we need to win our last 3 games and Ravens to lose 3 of their last 4 to go 8-8. Any other team at 9-7 (colts, broncos, titans) we own conference record tiebreaker. The only way we wouldn’t get in is if only the dolphins and colts ended at 9-7 which means colts hold head to head tiebreaker. By losing to the Patriots this week, we would lose the conference tiebreaker over Ravens if we tie at 9-7 record. If we lose this week and Ravens go 9-7 we are done no matter what.

Was looking for someone to make a clear/concise and easy way for everyone to understand the odds. Good post.

Just so everyone understands...even if we WIN OUT....we want the Ravens to lose 2 games no matter what. We would lose a 10-6 tie just the same as a 9-7.

The great thing is that the Ravens are very likely to lose 2 of their 4 games. So if we take care of our own business we have a very good chance at getting in. They're literally the only team in our way if we win our games.

But there are tons of scenarios. I played around with the calculator a bunch and there are chances of us playing the Texans, Patriots, Steelers, and the Ravens in the playoffs depending on what happens with all the other teams.

The most valid statement anyone has said in this thread is that this week is a MUST win. If we lose...there ARE possibilites of getting in, but we will have to root for a lot of losses by other teams. If we can't win this week we don't deserve to be in anyway.

Take care of business boys. Beat the Pats!

Playoffs?

More like Playons! Still alive, baby! Still alive. (Nevermind the beeping in the background. The life support is just for dramatic effect)

Ahhhhh, Gotta laugh to keep from crying.

Those losses to Indy, Cincy and Detroit were our demise. Such winnable games.

This! It’s entertaining how people make these long drawn out post about how we have a chance at the playoffs. Well, they we see over the next 2 weeks what playoff teams actually look like vs us.

This! It’s entertaining how people make these long drawn out post about how we have a chance at the playoffs. Well, they we see over the next 2 weeks what playoff teams actually look like vs us.
Eh, I can relate somewhat to the extreme homer perspective because that’s how I was when I was younger. No way I’m that optimistic about anything anymore.

But once NE and Minnesota bang in the final nails on the 2018 coffin, we’ll be done with playoff talk for the year and move on to “Gase/
Tannehill will get ‘em next year” talk.

I ran some scenarios through the playoff simulator and they actually have a good shot at getting in now even at 9-7. So they can afford to drop a game and still make it. Today lined up very well for them... almost perfect actually.

At this point I think the Steelers miss the playoffs and the Ravens win the AFC North.

I ran some scenarios through the playoff simulator and they actually have a good shot at getting in now even at 9-7. So they can afford to drop a game and still make it. Today lined up very well for them... almost perfect actually.

At this point I think the Steelers miss the playoffs and the Ravens win the AFC North.
That tie for Pitt could wind up screwing someone. If they go 9-6-1 they get the nod over the 9-7 teams. I’d prefer they win the division and Balt drops another game. Isn’t that the better scenario for us?

That tie for Pitt could wind up screwing someone. If they go 9-6-1 they get the nod over the 9-7 teams. I’d prefer they win the division and Balt drops another game. Isn’t that the better scenario for us?

Probably, but Steelers have a brutal schedule ahead...

Patriots
@Saints
Bengals

I think they drop at least 2 in this stretch... putting them at 8 wins.

I don’t want Miami anywhere near a team with a tie in the standings. I was scared Baltimore was about to tie Kansas City. That would have been disastrous.

Man are all your posts complete jokes?

The team just isn't good enough.
Just delaying the inevitable.
Or, why not be a team on the rise that potential new players and coaches see as a place they can find success.

Back
Top Bottom