Miami Right Back In The Playoff Race | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Right Back In The Playoff Race

football is about winning now. you don't tank to get a certain player, you don't tank for the draft....aka players who've never played in the NFL and aren't guaranteed to be good. Where is Jamarcus Russell? Matt Leinart? So many guys picked high and showed nothing. You play to win NOW.

Plus, football is Any Given Sunday. We beat the Titans, then the Titans turn around and beat the Patriots, yet we got clobbered by the Patriots. Anything can happen.

Does this team "deserve" to make the playoffs? Well....if we make the playoffs, we make the playoffs. So yea, we deserved it. We beat out approximately 10 other teams to make it.

Lastly, don't forget all the injuries. We lost Hayes for the year, Sitton for the year, Wilson for the year and that DT (Taylor?)....all 4 are good players who could have made a difference (don't care much for Kilgore, since Swanson and Brendel look just as good). We are playing with many backups now, and still looking okay. I'm actually kinda excited for next year, if we can keep guys healthy.

don't see the Ravens better than 2-2 to close the season..if we go 3-1 and the one loss is Minny, I think we would get in on the tiebreaker no?

for the record, team stinks and it all likely ends Sunday..but there is a path..it just makes me want a competent coach who wouldn't have crapped tbe Cincy and Indy games away.

Ehh we better at least split the next two. Even then I doubt it’s enough

That was one hell of a win for the chargers Sunday night.

Sorry Minkah but 3 horse race for nfl rookie of the year defense Derwin James, vander esch, Darius leonard.

Offense ehh I guess baker mayfield.

don't see the Ravens better than 2-2 to close the season..if we go 3-1 and the one loss is Minny, I think we would get in on the tiebreaker no?

for the record, team stinks and it all likely ends Sunday..but there is a path..it just makes me want a competent coach who wouldn't have crapped tbe Cincy and Indy games away.

Lay off the drugs. We aren’t going 3-1. I will put money on that right now.

Sorry Minkah but 3 horse race for nfl rookie of the year defense Derwin James, vander esch, Darius leonard.

^^^^^
Honorable mention Justin Reid, Jaire Alexander,Denzel Ward and Offense Barkley.

I think Miami might be looking for a new QB but considering our many needs, I'm not sure its the right thing to do, the players with the most ceiling have crazy bust potential.

I forgot about Barkley he could win it. He’s been doing it largely by himself with the giants.

The way we looked Sunday 0 and 4 finish is definitely on the table. Had that game been in buffalo we’d have gotten our doors blown off.

Suppose to play your best football in December Miami’s start to the month may have been its worst.

I forgot about Barkley he could win it. He’s been doing it largely by himself with the giants.

The way we looked Sunday 0 and 4 finish is definitely on the table. Had that game been in buffalo we’d have gotten our doors blown off.

Suppose to play your best football in December Miami’s start to the month may have been its worst.

Yep I agree, Allen run ability is up their with Trubisky,Watson and Wilson, Idk why we was unprepared.

Actually we can split and have a good chance as long as the loss is @ Minny. Lose to NE (and I think we will) and it's big time life support. The Colts game wasn't as damaging as we want to make it. They have Dallas, Houston and Tennessee and even the Giants won't be a cake walk. If we beat NE, Jax and Buffalo (yeah right) I think we win 3 way ties with everyone due to conference record. Obviously Baltimore has to lose too.

Lay off the drugs. We aren’t going 3-1. I will put money on that right now.

Might as well mortgage the house in that case and hit up the sports book!

It's possible, you don't have to be on drugs to understand that, else we'd all be putting our money down.

Here's how it happens (to be clear I don't think we'll do it)
Miami - NE W, MIN L, JAX W, BUF W
Baltimore - KC L, TB W, LAC L, CLE W
Indy - HOU L, DAL L, Giants W, TEN W
Denver - SF W, CLE W, OAK W, LAC L (oh oh, LAC may have nothing to play for but Cleveland should give Denver a game).
Tennessee JAX W, Giants W, Redskins W, IND L

Cleveland won't be a cake walk for Baltimore or Denver and the Giants will give Indy and Tennessee trouble. The way Baltimore's defense is playing I don't know if we can bank on them losing 2, @ KC this week is key. I'd hate to see NE get home field so I'm rooting for KC regardless of our chances.

Just showing everyone has a tough schedule, get to 9-7 and see what happens. I will say if I swap a loss to NE with a win vs Minny and change nothing else we are out. Losing to NE is the nail in the coffin. 9-7 even after that and things are really, really bleak. This is as close to a must win as you can possibly get Sunday.

Last edited:
The ESPN playoff machine says that if we beat New England, Jacksonville and Buffalo and lose to Minnesota, we will win most multi-team tiebreakers. If we lose to the Patriots, it's basically over. The Patriots game is indeed important.

If we lose to the Patriots this week, we need to win our last 3 games and Ravens to lose 3 of their last 4 to go 8-8. Any other team at 9-7 (colts, broncos, titans) we own conference record tiebreaker. The only way we wouldn’t get in is if only the dolphins and colts ended at 9-7 which means colts hold head to head tiebreaker. By losing to the Patriots this week, we would lose the conference tiebreaker over Ravens if we tie at 9-7 record. If we lose this week and Ravens go 9-7 we are done no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom