Miami Still Has Endless Options To Upgrade The Offensive Line | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Still Has Endless Options To Upgrade The Offensive Line

Order your Titans Jersey yet, with the accompanying clipboard?

I'd point out plenty of examples where I've suggested moving on, continuing as Fin fans, and not making everything about Tannehill...but I wouldn't want to take time out of your daily allotment for poking needles in your 17 voodoo doll.

The entire offense was near the bottom of the NFL so blame everyone associated with it from the owner on down. It damn sure isn't all Tannehills fault because the whole thing was a failure of epic proportions. But, Tannehill's flaws never improved in time as they do with all other QB's I've ever seen. The injuries made him a different player imo. He never hit his 2016 stride ever again. He's a quality guy and was a good soldier for the Dolphin's so I wish him luck going forward. So we have Fitz, that's cool but we need to get a QB on a rookie contract who can play. I think we'll draft one in this draft. It would be great if we could snag and develop a guy that works out in our system ala Brady. There are some QBs that we will be able to draft that I like but I guess it remains to be seen who Grier and Coach Flo like.

I agree with most of that, not sure what the rankings are but it felt like the running game last year was not so bad, no where near the bottom of the league. The passing game yes, but not the running game.

I agree with most of that, not sure what the rankings are but it felt like the running game last year was not so bad, no where near the bottom of the league. The passing game yes, but not the running game.

I will never understand why the play calls seemed to have Gore bouncing things to the outside and Drake running inside. It seemed to make the opposite of sense. But...there was plenty of stupid and poor performance to go around last year. Anyone who wants to allocate the majority of blame with one person or group just isn't being realistic, in my opinion. The OL didn't help. Tannehill didn't help. The coaching staff didn't help. The running game (or at least the way it was used) didn't help. Injuries didn't help.

This team was basically a Charles Clay catch and a less spectacular effort from Kenyan Drake (or a better job of staying upright from Gronk) from the #5 or 6 overall pick in the draft. That doesn't happen because of one aspect of the game.

I agree wholeheartedly with the basic premise of the article which is that the draft is not the only resource available to us for OL upgrades and we don't need to waste too much draft capital in an area that clearly needs some love.

I'd point out plenty of examples where I've suggested moving on, continuing as Fin fans, and not making everything about Tannehill...but I wouldn't want to take time out of your daily allotment for poking needles in your 17 voodoo doll.

You had no choice but to move on...to the Titans.

I didn't mention Tannehill until another Tannehill fan blame his shortened career on the offensive line when it wasnt the case.

You had no choice but to move on...to the Titans.

I didn't mention Tannehill until another Tannehill fan blame his shortened career on the offensive line when it wasnt the case.

Dude.

I'm not going anywhere. And I will absolutely agree that Tannehill was partially to blame for what went wrong with this team over the past several years.

You, however, want to dogmatically vilify anyone who points out that there were other factors at work in Tannehill's career. If you are going to be adamant about doing that, and argue that his offensive line WASN'T A PROBLEM, then you're just not being realistic. He got flat-out abused behind it. For years. It absolutely, positively was a reason for what his career has become. And unfortunately, he wasn't good enough to overcome the fact that his line was consistently and historically bad.

But here's the thing; you cannot seem to let others have an opinion that is contrary to your thinking that it was all on him. And if you're going to pick that fight every time someone mentions it in a historical aspect? Guess what...YOU'RE THE PROBLEM. You're the one who started the argument, then said you weren't going to start a tangent about it...had not one, not two, but FIVE people disagree with you, and then shockingly....you started a tangent about it.

Or, let me put it this way:

Dude.

I'm not going anywhere. And I will absolutely agree that Tannehill was partially to blame for what went wrong with this team over the past several years.

You, however, want to dogmatically vilify anyone who points out that there were other factors at work in Tannehill's career. If you are going to be adamant about doing that, and argue that his offensive line WASN'T A PROBLEM, then you're just not being realistic. He got flat-out abused behind it. For years. It absolutely, positively was a reason for what his career has become. And unfortunately, he wasn't good enough to overcome the fact that his line was consistently and historically bad.

But here's the thing; you cannot seem to let others have an opinion that is contrary to your thinking that it was all on him. And if you're going to pick that fight every time someone mentions it in a historical aspect? Guess what...YOU'RE THE PROBLEM. You're the one who started the argument, then said you weren't going to start a tangent about it...had not one, not two, but FIVE people disagree with you, and then shockingly....you started a tangent about it.

Or, let me put it this way:

You'll have a Jevon Kearse jersey before long. My money is gonna Mariota jersey with a Ghostbuster sign around his number.

Thar said...anytime Tannehill is referenced in the main forum, and it's not in general, I will be there to correct the record. You have that much correct. I wont come at Tannehill with malice, but ain't no sugar going on his record either.

You'll have a Jevon Kearse jersey before long. My money is gonna Mariota jersey with a Ghostbuster sign around his number.

Thar said...anytime Tannehill is referenced in the main forum, and it's not in general, I will be there to correct the record. You have that much correct. I wont come at Tannehill with malice, but ain't no sugar going on his record either.

Well, okay then, I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other. Because I'll be there to correct you when you decide to "straighten the record."

Hey, do me a favor? Think of me when you and the other witches in your little coven do your nightly Tannehill curse, kay?

Well, okay then, I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other. Because I'll be there to correct you when you decide to "straighten the record."

Hey, do me a favor? Think of me when you and the other witches in your little coven do your nightly Tannehill curse, kay?

Nah..I'll only think of you if Tannehill gets divorced. His wife will cite...too many other people on Ryan's jock.

It feels good to be afforded the opportunity to defend that kid.,,doesn't it.Water seems to seek it's level.

Oh yeah...

Correct me when I jokingly said he was a back-up...and VOILA!!!!

Correct me when I said he was just another QB FAARRRR from the "franchise" many idiots made him out to be.

Oh yeah...

Correct me when I jokingly said he was a back-up...and VOILA!!!!

Correct me when I said he was just another QB FAARRRR from the "franchise" many idiots made him out to be.

I really don’t know what your previous post to this meant, but your ramblings about his wife and his jock are unsettling at best, stalkery at worst.

And what you’re wrong about THIS time, specifically, is your assertion that his O-Line’s performance has nothing to do with his career trajectory. Everyone but the most jaded hater can see that.

I really don’t know what your previous post to this meant, but your ramblings about his wife and his jock are unsettling at best, stalkery at worst.

And what you’re wrong about THIS time, specifically, is your assertion that his O-Line’s performance has nothing to do with his career trajectory. Everyone but the most jaded hater can see that.

Phillip Rivers hasn't had the type of HOF oline RT17 needs...neither does Russell Wilson. Deshawn Watson can be added to that list.

It helps, but if you are a QB that can be labeled "franchise" you at least have a .500 record. Can that QB drop back 30 times and give me 2 TDs a game...penciled in.

Do I ever feel comfy with this QB behind center with something on the line?

Did you?

Keep it up and he’ll run and hide behind his little ignore button. But he’ll put you on notice first. Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom