Miami's Main Competition for #1 Overall Pick | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Main Competition for #1 Overall Pick

My only real concern right now is Cincy. If Washington, Giants or Jets by some miracle end up with a higher draft pick...they've all drafted a QB in the past two years.

I'm not to sold on drafting a QB at all. Think it's best to fix the OL and get Defense. Like the Bears did. Then we start Rosen and see what he is made of. If a fail thing. We ammo up to get Lawrence
I think it's too risky not to go get a quarterback in 2020. Lawrence, if he continues on his path, will be drafted by whatever team owns the #1 overall pick. I don't see it being traded.

I do agree with you that the offensive line needs to be fixed. Getting the quarterback and fixing that line would be my priority this offseason.

If we don't get the first overall pick the team that does may trade the pick to a QB hungry team for a Kings ransomed.Screwing us in the process.

Yah we cant risk not having the top pick at ALL. If it ended up being someone in our division they wouldn't trade us the pick no matter what, and I wouldnt want to risk some desperate team trading the farm to get it. Or Grier getting leveraged into trading away all the picks he just got.

Are you serious with this post? It’s like this entire fan base has Stockholm Syndrome.
No QB can produce under this disgusting Line. Build line 1st then worry about a QB. Rosen might shock us. We spent a 2nd round pick on this guy. To get a QB and not give Rosen a chance is dumb. It's best to wait til 2021 to get Trevor Lawrence with a 10x better OL. QB is a waste of pick. I dont like none of the so called QB class. Nothing but Sam Darnolds in there.

No QB can produce under this disgusting Line. Build line 1st then worry about a QB. Rosen might shock us. We spent a 2nd round pick on this guy. To get a QB and not give Rosen a chance is dumb. It's best to wait til 2021 to get Trevor Lawrence with a 10x better OL. QB is a waste of pick. I dont like none of the so called QB class. Nothing but Sam Darnolds in there.

So you think Tua won't be better than Sam Darnold? Can I have the winning lotto numbers while you are at it since you seem to know it all?

A 10x better Oline is enough to win a few games on just rushing the ball and limiting turnovers. That's enough to not get you Lawrence.

Besides, I hate this take I continually read on these forums because with THREE 1st round picks and a ton of cap space, we can get the QB AND heavily fortify the Oline. Why do people keep talking one or the other?

Why? Because both lines need attention... and another CB... and a Safety...

One view of building a football team... the oldest view... is that you start from the lines and the middle and add 'skill' players last.

I'm not sure why this view has lost status... at the very least, it should be considered one possible way to do this.

What shocks me is the number of people who say QB is the ONLY way...

Yep, forget drafting a QB with a high pick again. Let’s emulate the Dolphins of last decade instead.

Pass on the QB and draft a left tackle with the first pick instead. Then draft a QB later on, I’m sure he’ll be good. And I’m sure we won’t be here ten years from now wondering why we still haven’t won a playoff game.

We are going to get worked twice by the Jets this year. Gase is going to savor that *** whooping.
You guys have your QB with Rosen.... Trade out because someone will want Tua. Build your o-line and replace your defensive players.

Accept this year for what it is...

Call me sentimental, but I'm rooting for the Pittsburgh Steelers to win the #1 overall pick … yeah, we'd draft a pick or so later every round, but just knowing we traded want-away Minkah "not the real Fitzmagic" Fitzpatrick for the #1 overall pick ... would make me very happy.

I think all of those teams are going to win more games than us. Murray looks legit and AZ will win some games. Pitt isn’t going to go 0-16 or 1-15 like us. The Jets will beat us so there’s that. Adam Gase - why do people say offense is “his specialty”. He sucks at offense. He sucked at it in Chicago, here and he has his Jet QBs averaging 4 YPA - making them Tannehill 2.0 and 3.0 in the process. I would have looked good following Peyton around. The Jets will won some games because of their D. You said it. We don’t have any competition. Washington maybe.

You guys have your QB with Rosen.... Trade out because someone will want Tua. Build your o-line and replace your defensive players.

Accept this year for what it is...

LOL

I’m sure you’d absolutely love the ‘Fins to pass on Tua and run with Rosen. It’s the best case scenario for the AFC East.

Back
Top Bottom