Michael Huff | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Huff

I wouldn't mind trading for Huff but I am not for breaking the bank to get him.

2nd or 3rd Rounder Tops!

moss was also an elite player, therefore his franchise would not get rid of him that easily :up:

Moss went for a 4th because he was coming off two bad years with Oakland and he all but quit on them in the second year. A lot of teams wanted nothing to do with him.

As far as Atlanta thinking they can stand pat and wait for Ryan, I wouldn't be so sure. None of us really know what our FO is thinking, but there is certainly a ton of press that thinks Ryan very well may be picked with our first. If Ryan has a great pro day look for that to heat up significantly. It would be ideal to move to 3 and pick a Long to go along with Hall and maybe another pick. Now that Atlanta has Turner and McFadden is not an option, I have to believe they are dying to get Ryan and a fresh face of that franchise.

...DBs tend to take some time before developing into GREAT corners...i.e. Champ Bailey (4 years) Asante Samuel (4 years) Marcus Trufant (5 years) and dont give me crap about Cromartie in SD...

So, apparently one stat defines a GREAT corner? You seem to think # of INTs means a great corner. I beg to differ. Bailey was a top DB when he came into the league. Trufant and Cromartie are playmakers and not GREAT. Samuel is a terrific player with a lot of heart, but gets bailed out by his own team more often than not. These are all terrific players, but not all GREAT. Obviously, Bailey is in a league of his own. 4 years :sidelol:

Crowder hasnt been anything special and has off the field problems and to call Huff mediocre is ridiculous.:rolleyes2:

Crowder struggles finishing tackles, he doesnt have great form, and doesnt read well. he isnt horrible though.

Huff i like a lot, and Oaklands secondary was like their only bright spot... they have a very good one. Huff would be a great pick-up in my mind.

If the Raiders want Jake Long as badly as they say they do, they'll surrender Huff, Washington, and a draft pick to move up and grab him. C'mon Al, you know you want too.

Im a huge Michael Huff fan(if you couldnt tell from the user name lol) and although its probably been said the Raiders are using him out of position, he's a FS with range and instincts and a playmaker, and their forcing him to play SS and take on blockers at the LOS, its like playing Ed Reed in the same role that Roy Williams is used in, Huff needs to be in space and reading the defense as the centerfielder, sad thing is he was a cb/fs tweener coming out and could of played either or, but leave it to the raiders to screw up a guys development and play him at SS...Oakland is just ruining guys careers.

parcells is a genius if he convinces davis to swap picks, getting us a stud starting safety and the player in the draft that fits his system best (ghoulston). seems like a win/win situation. do it tuna

4. ghoulston + huff
32. best available OT (first round talent any other year)
58. best available OL that can shift to OG.
64. CB
96. NT/TE

Gotta admit, that would be a sick trade . . . hell I like that better than the Deangelo Hall one with Atlanta . . . hell we can do

1st overall (Jake Long) and Crowder
for
4th overall (Gholston), Huff and Fabian Washington

LMAO, that would be special, then just go OL (OT specifically) and WR/TE to round out day one.

If players like Randy Moss are getting traded for 2nd round picks, why would you trade one for Michael Huff?
um. Moss was traded for a 4th. :tongue: The reason was because he was a 30 year old malcontent who basically gave up on his team. He refused to restructure his contract for any other team but the Patriots. Oakland had no choice but to trade him to where he wanted to go or get nothing for him, the Patriots had them by the short and curlies.
What did Oakland give up for Moss when he was in his prime?

but ok, you traded your most consistent linebacker on one of the worst run stopping teams in the league last year, who do you suggest you plug in on the inside?
Crowder is nothing special, being the most consistent LB on a 1-15 team is nothing to be proud of.
If we draft Chris Long, I can see him starting at SOLB, shift Porter inside, either draft a new ILB or take our chances with Torbor, Anderson or even Pope (who is probably too small) with JT at WOLB.

Gotta admit, that would be a sick trade . . . hell I like that better than the Deangelo Hall one with Atlanta . . . hell we can do

1st overall (Jake Long) and Crowder
for
4th overall (Gholston), Huff and Fabian Washington

LMAO, that would be special, then just go OL (OT specifically) and WR/TE to round out day one.

Doesn't anyone realize that no team wants to trade up to select the same player for more money? At this point, if we want to trade down we'd probably have to give up a player. No franchise players in the draft = no one wants to spend #1 pick $$.

I live in Northern California and all my family are Raider fans. Huff sucks. He constantly gets run over and gets beat in coverage. I wouldn't give up a 2nd or a 3rd rounder for him. They are shopping him because he hasn't came close to living up to his potential.

Plus what makes you think they want Crowder...I cant stop remembering how Ronnie made him look like a paper wall on that TD run....
no thanks, lets keep it in the draft!!!!

Back
Top Bottom