Michael Jordan comments on Miami Heat Big 3; Disappointed in LeBron james, Wade, Bosh | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Jordan comments on Miami Heat Big 3; Disappointed in LeBron james, Wade, Bosh

The thing that pisses me off is Lebron had a choice to leave to join out with Wade and Bosh. Jordan said he would never want to join with Bird and Magic he wants to beat them unlike Lebron. Also whos team will it be in Miami? Wade or Lebron? I say Wade because he has been there all along and I doubt he will give up to someone. Then that shows you Lebron is not a leader if he joins the only team he would not be a captain on.

Yea they tried and failed....So Lebron took into his own hands along with wade and bosh...They said we wanna get paid and win...

Have our cake and eat it too..I don't blame them for doing what they did....I actually respect them more..They are all about winning..Thats what the games are about winning..they put that first..

that doesnt mean they wouldve continued to not win a title. it took jordan till he was 28 to win a ring. he suffered years of playoff and physical beatings at the hands of the pistons, but did he run and join them? no, he and pippen grew as a team together and finally put them down. him and barkley have always been close, did he ever join him either? no he went against him and beat him in the finals. him and ewing were friends off the court, did he ever join him either? no he beat them too. join magic? nope beat him too. people wanna say mike had pippen which is true, but the difference is they were in house talent. same goes for bird and mchale.

you cant say that about kobe/shaq or kobe/gasol. you cant say that about the celtics trio and you wont be able to say that about the heat trio either.

Yea they tried and failed....So Lebron took into his own hands along with wade and bosh...They said we wanna get paid and win...

Have our cake and eat it too..I don't blame them for doing what they did....I actually respect them more..They are all about winning..Thats what the games are about winning..they put that first..

so you respect him more for dipping on his home town - holding the biggest ego fed nationally televised 'decision' debacle that i have ever seen - and going somewhere that will undoubtedly keep his name out of the discussion as the best of all time? no offense, but that's the problem with professional sports now. the players have lost all their integrity and now the fans are starting to follow suit.

i don't blame him for making the choice - after all he's just following the trend - but i lost all respect for him - the little i had left at least - when i heard he was making his decision on his own 'look at me and lick my nuts like everyone else' show. there's just no substance anymore. he was a GOD in cleveland - they would've done whatever he told them to do in order to get him a ring. its not like they didn't want one either. jordan earned it. bird earned it. duncan earned it. lebron wants it handed to him. there's NOTHING to respect about that.

i can't say i really give a fugg either way though. in the end it is all about winning - like you said - and win they will. i just find it very sad that some people think more of him for being an entitled egomaniac. you know jordan's sitting somewhere right now sippin on some scotch with a big smile on his face b/c he knows lebron's name won't even enter into the conversation as best ever b/c of all this - much like he probably did when shaq bolted for LA.

you can understand why he did it - but don't tell me this was the 'respectable' thing to do. please.

You guys forget that while this might be a sport, it's still a JOB to these guys. So it doesn't matter if you or I are at the top of our fields respectively, we leave jobs all the time for greener pastures. That's just how it is.

Take a look at Kobe the year after Shaquille left. Where did he get the Lakers. NO WHERE. No where with a team full of scrubs. 7th seed in the Western Conference and bounced early if I recall correctly. LeBron took his team to the FINALS. I'm telling you, that team in Cleveland has been garbage. That team was never winning a title I don't care how good they were in the regular season. That was a regular season team. They didn't rest players down the stretch like Boston did. And yes, that is what GREAT teams do. They flip the switch. Two teams this past season seemed to flip a switch once they hit the playoffs. The Celtics and the Lakers. And where did these two teams end up?

Boston doesn't care about that 1 seed because they know they can beat you on the road. They went to Cleveland and beat Cleveland which was a no brainer. They beat Orlando. And they beat the Lakers at home as well. Took the Lakers to a game seven in Los Angeles and almost beat them for the title before ****ting the bed.

LeBron did the right thing by leaving. He was never going to win anything in Cleveland. Best record, regular season MVP's...all of that is trash. Cleveland will be lucky to win 30 games next season without LeBron. That should show you what a scrub team Cleveland really is. Bet on it. LeBron may catch a lot of flack for his decision but when it's all said and done he'll has his rings and then what are people going to say? I've never understood why LeBron is the center of so much hate. Makes no sense to me. Sometimes in life you gotta take it on the chin for a while. Kobe went thru this same thing when the Lakers decided to keep him over Shaq. And Shaq went to the media and ran his mouth about the Lakers and Kobe. And Kobe had to take it on the chin for a while. But in the end, the Lakers made the right move and Kobe did what he had to do and he was more likeable afterwards. The same will happen with LeBron.

But for now, keep that hate strong.

i don't hate him - i just don't respect him. hell, i don't even blame him - but that don't make it right. that doesn't give him integrity. that doesn't mean he didn't take an upper decker on his HOME TOWN.

and you can't say it would NEVER happen. cleveland had the most cap room in basketball a few years back - they just signed a bunch of retards. jordan had to wait. bird had to wait. that's what happens when your team sucks before you got there - it takes time to build a champion. if your argument is the FO in cleveland was/is too stupid to put a championship team around lebron - then thats another story.

its funny you mentioned kobe. he waited. look what happened.

what i find funnier than all the lebron hate is all the people that hate the celtics for getting a bunch guys past their prime and saying they did the same thing. anyone who has followed the NBA for a while has to have a soft spot for the C's after what happened to them with len bias and reggie lewis. i mean - come on - how bad can your luck be?

I hear these honestly and loyality arguments and I just have to laugh. The man played 7 years, and has probably done more for the city of Cleveland than anybody in recent memory. He EARNED the right to go wherever he wanted and he decided to enjoy the next part of his NBA career playing with 2 other all star teammates that he considers really great friends . . . hell he even took a paycut to make it happen. I don't see what the problem is to be quite honest with you. It's like some people are so mad that Lebron is not taking that "undeniable" superstar role on team and feel its a weakness to "share" the spotlight, but the only person who should be concerned with that is Lebron. Dude is 25, with tons of money and he is looking towards having a great time here in Miami, and who can blame him. Too many people settle for places that they aren't comfortable anymore but end up staying for the "bigger" salary . . . its refreshing to see a guy with the opportunity he had in front of him, and take advantage of it.

And somebody said everybody but Heat fans think this is a bad move . . . well no ****, the Heat added possibly 2 of the top 10 players in the league, one of which was the NBA MVP . . . and they already had a top 3 player on their team already who put on arguably the greatest performance we have ever seen in the NBA Finals. If I was another teams fan . . . I would be pretty pissed off also . . . and to add salt into the wound . . . we are getting VETERAN guys coming here to play for less to win a championship . . . I think that has people pissed at Lebron more than anything because people thought this team was going to be the Three Kings, the Three 2nd Rounders, Chalmers, Joel Anthony and maybe a few JV high schoolers. The fact that we are getting all of these guys has people UPPPPSEEETTT.

I honestly thing this Heat team may go down in history as the most HATED team in American Sports. They haven't even played a game, and people are whining . . . "that isn't fair" . . . damn, deal with it . . . Riley had like a 15 win season a few years back . . . we DEALT with it, I guess looking back, I would go through that again if it meant this Summer happening.

Lebron did all he could for the city of Cleveland. They gave him no real help while he was there, so I don't blame him for leaving to go to a place where he could win a title.

I hear these honestly and loyality arguments and I just have to laugh. The man played 7 years, and has probably done more for the city of Cleveland than anybody in recent memory. He EARNED the right to go wherever he wanted and he decided to enjoy the next part of his NBA career playing with 2 other all star teammates that he considers really great friends . . . hell he even took a paycut to make it happen. I don't see what the problem is to be quite honest with you. It's like some people are so mad that Lebron is not taking that "undeniable" superstar role on team and feel its a weakness to "share" the spotlight, but the only person who should be concerned with that is Lebron. Dude is 25, with tons of money and he is looking towards having a great time here in Miami, and who can blame him. Too many people settle for places that they aren't comfortable anymore but end up staying for the "bigger" salary . . . its refreshing to see a guy with the opportunity he had in front of him, and take advantage of it.

And somebody said everybody but Heat fans think this is a bad move . . . well no ****, the Heat added possibly 2 of the top 10 players in the league, one of which was the NBA MVP . . . and they already had a top 3 player on their team already who put on arguably the greatest performance we have ever seen in the NBA Finals. If I was another teams fan . . . I would be pretty pissed off also . . . and to add salt into the wound . . . we are getting VETERAN guys coming here to play for less to win a championship . . . I think that has people pissed at Lebron more than anything because people thought this team was going to be the Three Kings, the Three 2nd Rounders, Chalmers, Joel Anthony and maybe a few JV high schoolers. The fact that we are getting all of these guys has people UPPPPSEEETTT.

I honestly thing this Heat team may go down in history as the most HATED team in American Sports. They haven't even played a game, and people are whining . . . "that isn't fair" . . . damn, deal with it . . . Riley had like a 15 win season a few years back . . . we DEALT with it, I guess looking back, I would go through that again if it meant this Summer happening.

for the record, i don't hate the heat nor do i blame lebron for making that decision. living in south beach - guaranteed wins - fugg yes.

but why do you laugh at the integrity thing (i'll leave the honestly one alone)? there was no integrity in what he did - did you not see the 'decision' show? who cares about not sharing the spotlight - that's a big whatever to me. that was his home town. he was GOD there. this will kill that franchise - along with all the businesses around it that did so well b/c they've been sold out since he's been there. at least let them know you might be dipping out - instead of having some ego driven special on ESPN - adding salt to the wound.

integrity would have been staying in cleveland and doing it the right way - or at the very least give them some indication you're peacing out before they went out and got byron scott to coach you - who has to want to kill himself now. at least give them some time to TRY and replace you before the big name FA's are gone. no blame but no respect from me either.

You guys forget that while this might be a sport, it's still a JOB to these guys. So it doesn't matter if you or I are at the top of our fields respectively, we leave jobs all the time for greener pastures. That's just how it is.

Take a look at Kobe the year after Shaquille left. Where did he get the Lakers. NO WHERE. No where with a team full of scrubs. 7th seed in the Western Conference and bounced early if I recall correctly. LeBron took his team to the FINALS. I'm telling you, that team in Cleveland has been garbage. That team was never winning a title I don't care how good they were in the regular season. That was a regular season team. They didn't rest players down the stretch like Boston did. And yes, that is what GREAT teams do. They flip the switch. Two teams this past season seemed to flip a switch once they hit the playoffs. The Celtics and the Lakers. And where did these two teams end up?

Boston doesn't care about that 1 seed because they know they can beat you on the road. They went to Cleveland and beat Cleveland which was a no brainer. They beat Orlando. And they beat the Lakers at home as well. Took the Lakers to a game seven in Los Angeles and almost beat them for the title before ****ting the bed.

LeBron did the right thing by leaving. He was never going to win anything in Cleveland. Best record, regular season MVP's...all of that is trash. Cleveland will be lucky to win 30 games next season without LeBron. That should show you what a scrub team Cleveland really is. Bet on it. LeBron may catch a lot of flack for his decision but when it's all said and done he'll has his rings and then what are people going to say? I've never understood why LeBron is the center of so much hate. Makes no sense to me. Sometimes in life you gotta take it on the chin for a while. Kobe went thru this same thing when the Lakers decided to keep him over Shaq. And Shaq went to the media and ran his mouth about the Lakers and Kobe. And Kobe had to take it on the chin for a while. But in the end, the Lakers made the right move and Kobe did what he had to do and he was more likeable afterwards. The same will happen with LeBron.

But for now, keep that hate strong.

Kobe had more important matters to worry about at the time than winning basketball games.

Considering Boston in their Championship year went 3-8 on the road in postseason(and just 2-4 the next season) I'm not sure how they knew they could win on the road.

Lebron wasn't going to win in Cleveland b/c of himself. he didn't have it in him to elevate his team to a Champion. he had great chances the last couple of years and couldn't do it and he proved he wasn't willing to put the work in to get over th hump w/ Cleveland. He wants his title(s) handed to him.

and I want to bring up that moron Wade again for his asinine comments. It has been ignored on here. Let's see Heat homers defend this comment:

"If we lose a couple in a row this season, it will be like the World Trade

i don't hate him - i just don't respect him. hell, i don't even blame him - but that don't make it right. that doesn't give him integrity. that doesn't mean he didn't take an upper decker on his HOME TOWN.

and you can't say it would NEVER happen. cleveland had the most cap room in basketball a few years back - they just signed a bunch of retards. jordan had to wait. bird had to wait. that's what happens when your team sucks before you got there - it takes time to build a champion. if your argument is the FO in cleveland was/is too stupid to put a championship team around lebron - then thats another story.

its funny you mentioned kobe. he waited. look what happened.

Yeah Kobe had the LUXURY of being in Los Angeles lol. That's a very desirable destination. It's not hard to put championship pieces in Los Angeles with that owner, that coach, the mystique, and the best player in basketball. Cleveland is a different story. Bad ownership, terrible city, bad weather, scrub players. It's just hard to get it done in Cleveland. Take a look at the Indians and Browns.

:bobdole:

Kobe had more important matters to worry about at the time than winning basketball games.

And we make excuses? This is sad on many levels. You're a better poster than this.

:lol:

Considering Boston in their Championship year went 3-8 on the road in postseason(and just 2-4 the next season) I'm not sure how they knew they could win on the road.

Lebron wasn't going to win in Cleveland b/c of himself. he didn't have it in him to elevate his team to a Champion. he had great chances the last couple of years and couldn't do it and he proved he wasn't willing to put the work in to get over th hump w/ Cleveland. He wants his title(s) handed to him.

You should probably reference relevant statistics here. You're talking about two years ago with the Celtics man. Take a look at this season. The Celtics went on the road and beat teams because they KNEW they were better. Like I said, teams like the Lakers and Celtics understand how good they really are and can flip the switch. The Colts do it every year as well.

LeBron does work hard. You can't question his work ethic. But there's only so much he can do alone. I don't understand why after Shaq left Los Angeles Kobe got a pass because he didn't have any help. This is the SAME situation only LeBron left Cleveland. I'd want to leave too! No way in hell I'd want to leave Los Angeles. Not when I have the best coach in the history of the league on my side. Mike Brown was FIRED after taking Cleveland to the best record in the league two consecutive years. Did anyone bother questioning Dan Gilbert's loyalty after that move? Noooooooo. You people just love to poke at LeBron for some reason and it's really undeserving.

and I want to bring up that moron Wade again for his asinine comments. It has been ignored on here. Let's see Heat homers defend this comment:

So because I'm a Heat fan I'm supposed to defend this crap? You're trolling hard in this thread nyjunc lol. I'm not defending this garbage. I mean, I understand what he was getting at and I agree, but he could have choosen a better analogy than the one he used. It's a sensitive topic and always will be for Americans. He shouldn't have went with it but he did. He has since apologized for it. Move on.

Yeah Kobe had the LUXURY of being in Los Angeles lol. That's a very desirable destination. It's not hard to put championship pieces in Los Angeles with that owner, that coach, the mystique, and the best player in basketball. Cleveland is a different story. Bad ownership, terrible city, bad weather, scrub players. It's just hard to get it done in Cleveland. Take a look at the Indians and Browns.

:bobdole:

Cleveland had one of the best pieces in the game to build around. I'm sure there are plenty of great places to live in the Cleveland area just like there are near any major City and many players don't live in the Cities they play in anyway. They are on the road all the time so that's just another poor excuse. He didn't leave b/c of Cleveland or b/c of the good owner the Cavs have that did everything he could to take care of Lebron. He left b/c he wanted a championship handed to him.

The Indians and browns have nothing to do w/ the Cavs. You act like Miami has been championship central, you have 3 pro sports championships in the last 37 years and only 5 total. The Browns alone have more championships than all the pro teams in Miami although it has been a few years since they last won one.

Cleveland had one of the best pieces in the game to build around. I'm sure there are plenty of great places to live in the Cleveland area just like there are near any major City and many players don't live in the Cities they play in anyway. They are on the road all the time so that's just another poor excuse. He didn't leave b/c of Cleveland or b/c of the good owner the Cavs have that did everything he could to take care of Lebron. He left b/c he wanted a championship handed to him.

The Indians and browns have nothing to do w/ the Cavs. You act like Miami has been championship central, you have 3 pro sports championships in the last 37 years and only 5 total. The Browns alone have more championships than all the pro teams in Miami although it has been a few years since they last won one.

You're not getting it lol. It has nothing to do with Miami being "championship central" because we're not. South Florida is a GREAT place to be and a GREAT place to live. You New Yorkers should know something about that, right? In the great state of Florida, we don't pay state taxes. So LeBron keeps A LOT more money than he does in Cleveland.

This Indians and Browns have nothing to do with the Cavas, but they share the same bad luck. Or is it bad luck that all three of these franchises are ran by idiots, aren't worth much, fail to keep their stars, and fail to bring in free agents. But cities such as Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, etc., these cities consistently bring in the big name free agents and retain their stars. There's a lot more to this than just sports. This is a man's life. He gets up and showers every morning like the rest of us. Eats his breakfast. Hits the gym. Pays his bills. Watches a little TV and lives a normal life like you and I. Miami is a better place to do these things. It just is. There's no debating that. You live in New York. You know. People move to New York to live the life. You probably see and meet people everyday in New York who aren't from New York. It's bright lights and big city. It's fun. It's attractive.

Miami Dolphins: 1972, 1973
Florida Marlins: 1997, 2003
Miami Heat: 2006

Just sayin'.

And we make excuses? This is sad on many levels. You're a better poster than this.

:lol:

You should probably reference relevant statistics here. You're talking about two years ago with the Celtics man. Take a look at this season. The Celtics went on the road and beat teams because they KNEW they were better. Like I said, teams like the Lakers and Celtics understand how good they really are and can flip the switch. The Colts do it every year as well.

LeBron does work hard. You can't question his work ethic. But there's only so much he can do alone. I don't understand why after Shaq left Los Angeles Kobe got a pass because he didn't have any help. This is the SAME situation only LeBron left Cleveland. I'd want to leave too! No way in hell I'd want to leave Los Angeles. Not when I have the best coach in the history of the league on my side. Mike Brown was FIRED after taking Cleveland to the best record in the league two consecutive years. Did anyone bother questioning Dan Gilbert's loyalty after that move? Noooooooo. You people just love to poke at LeBron for some reason and it's really undeserving.

So because I'm a Heat fan I'm supposed to defend this crap? You're trolling hard in this thread nyjunc lol. I'm not defending this garbage. I mean, I understand what he was getting at and I agree, but he could have choosen a better analogy than the one he used. It's a sensitive topic and always will be for Americans. He shouldn't have went with it but he did. He has since apologized for it. Move on.

Yeah, the man was only possibly going to prison for rape but basketball was clearly much more important at the time.:rolleyes2:

2 years and last year. Coming into this year the Celts w/ the Big 3 were 5-12 on the road in postseason.

2008: reg season on road 31-10, postseason 3-8
2009: reg season 27-14, post 2-4
2010: reg season 26-15

Please explain how they were great in the reg season on the road in each of the previous 2 years but struggled in postseason but now w/ their worst reg season road record they were all of a sudden suprmeely confident they could win on the road? As "good" as they were they were only 6-6 inclduing losing the final 2 games of the Finals on the road to cost them a Championship.

Of course Lebron works hard, you don't get to the level of player he is w/o working hard BUT he didn't want to take that to the next level to take his team to a Championship. He wanted to hop on board of an all-star team to almost guarantee a title.

Kobe won 3 championships already at that point and yes that was Shaq's team but Kobe kept working to help his team win and he was the focal point of 2 more title teams that on paper aren't very good. Kobe almost took the easy way out requesting a trade but agai he had 3 titles at that point anyway but luckily for him and the lakers they didn't move him. if he went to a great ready made team he wouldn't be elevated to the status he is at right now. If lebron took Cle to a title in the next few years(which I think he could have) he would be up there w/ the Jordan's of the world and now the Kobe's but he wanted the easy way out.

Mike Brown was fired b/c Lebron wanted it that way and Cle was doing everything they could to make lebron happy so he would come back. How is that on Gilbert's loyalty?

I brought it up earlier and it was ignored, imagine if a Jet said that crap? I just want Wade to get roasted by fans and the media over this like he deserves. It's one of the most asinine comments ever made by an athlete.

Back
Top Bottom